Search results

1. T

Unable to init SD card? 4.1 + Audio Board + GC901A display

Man, trying to find solid info on "how to get a directory listing of files" is rough. Ya'll do your best, but man. There's 14 versions of a library, half-assed explanations on forums, threads that just end in "Thanks! I figured it out!". Trying to read code I haven't written is real hard for...
  2. T

I grabbed the latest version of SD and SDFat from github for the Teensy, updated the libraries I was using, and still nothing. So there's gotta be something in my code. I'll link all of it, it just won't compile, but maybe someone can spot what's going on. Notes: TFT is a GC901A board, it...
  3. T

Okay, interesting. I did some comparisons - I usually use VSCode with PlatformIO for doing my programming, and it says I'm using SD @ 2.0.0 and SDFat @ 2.1.0. If I turn on verbose compilation in Arduino IDE, I see SD @ 2.0.0, and SDFat @ 2.1.2 But I have huge issues getting LVGL to play nice...
  4. T

Okay, did that, and got: Initializing SD card...Wiring is correct and a card is present. Card type: SDHC Volume type is FAT32 Volume size (Kbytes): 62536768 Volume size (Mbytes): 61071 So the card's good, the hardware's good... it's my implementation that needs help. I'd post all my...
  5. T

So I can't seem to get the built-in SD card to initialize. I have an audio board connected, but the SD card is in a inconvenient place, so I wanted to use the built-in SD. I'm not gonna post full code here, because it's irrelevant, but here's important bits: // includes and pin...
  6. T

Issues with CST816S controller / libraries.

okay, so I've been banging away at the first library, and de-classed it, as it were. It works, mostly! Here's the code I'm using. //touch.h #include <stdint.h> #include <Arduino.h> enum GESTURE { NONE = 0x00, SWIPE_UP = 0x01, SWIPE_DOWN = 0x02, SWIPE_LEFT = 0x03, SWIPE_RIGHT =...
  7. T

Thanks for the help. I tried this out, and while it did compile and upload, it seems to get stuck in a loop of rebooting, as I get the windows disconnect sound every second or so. Can't even get the serial monitor to open. Did manage to put the demo code I was using back on, so no trouble...
  8. T

So I snagged one of those nice WaveShare 1.28" round LCDs, with the GC9A01 driver. Got that working with a library found on here, so that's great. Now I'm trying to get the touch screen working, and there's a couple of libraries that seem simple enough, but neither of them compile because...
  9. T

Very confused - Teensy 3.2, DY-SV5W, DYPlayer.

Replying because I figured it out. It needs a delay between the mp3.begin() and any other serial commands. mp3.begin(); delay(100); mp3.setVolume(30);
  10. T

Very confused - Teensy 3.2, DY-SV5W, DYPlayer.

I'm using a Teensy 3.2, a DY-SV5W board, and the DYPlayer library. There's some other odd hardware in the project, but that's all been working no problem. I'm basically making a very very silly mp3 player that uses old hardware I have lying around. It's got 2 strips of NeoPixels, a RRD Full...
  11. T

RepRapDiscount "Full Graphic Smart Controller" and Teensy 3.2

Okay, after beating my head against the Marlin FW, I've finally cracked it. U8G2_ST7920_128X64_F_SW_SPI u8g2(U8G2_R0,13,11,10); // rot / clock / data/ cs is the winning constructor, with the following pins on EXP1: clock = LCD4 / Pin 5 data = LCDE / Pin 3 cs = LCDRS / Pin 4 This sets up...
  12. T

RepRapDiscount "Full Graphic Smart Controller" and Teensy 3.2

So, as the title says, I've got a Teensy 3.2, and a RRD display board from an old 3D printer that I'd like to get working together. I have the pinout of the board, and I believe it's a ST7920 based board. It also has an encoder dial with integrated button, a beeper, an extra tactile button...
  13. T

IRRemote issues.

I just figured it out. The 32-bit machine was setting the teensy to 96Mhz, while the 64-bit one was setting it to 72Mhz. Even after a wipe and reinstall. Change it to 96Mhz, and bam, it's working. At least we know now.
  14. T

IRRemote issues.

It says 4 for both. That's kind of odd.
  15. T

IRRemote issues.

aaaaand, nope. Same issue. it's "FFFFFFFF" all the way down, using the compilers from the 32-bit system on the 64-bit one.
  16. T

IRRemote issues.

Well, I did, through much trial and error, manage to replace all the loose-typed stuff with stronger types, and still no change. :( As a silly thought, I can copy/paste the compilers from the 32-bit system to this one. Gonna try that.
  17. T

IRRemote issues.

Welp. Like I said, I'm not smart enough to fix this then. I'm just a hack coder. I maek code, pres butan, get blinky lights. Guess I need to figure out how to force 32-bit compilation. I did post a bug report. And as far as I know, the author hasn't worked on the code for a long long time. :(
  18. T

IRRemote issues.

Okay, so go through and change long to uint32_t, and int to uint16_t? I'll try that.
  19. T

IRRemote issues.

Specifics that anyone can try given they have both types of machine (64-bit and 32-bit): 1) grab the IRRemote lib. Any version, even the one that comes with teensyduino. 2) compile ANY of the example code on the 32-bit machine. - IRrecvDemo works well. 3) point IR remote at IR receiver...
  20. T

IRRemote issues.

Okay, I've figured out what's happening, but not how to stop it. My desktop machine is 64-bit. My notebook is 32-bit. Compiling it on my notebook works - I get the expected codes, everything is sunshine and daisies. Compile it on the desktop, and it's gibberish all the way down. So something...
  21. T

IRRemote issues.

So, I'm using the IRRemote lib, the one ported to the Teensy, and I get a LOT of "FFFFFFFF" codes, as shown by the IRrecvDump example included. I'm using the SmartMatrix board as well, since I am running a 32x32 matrix. The IR Remote I'm using is the one from SparkFun -...
Back