Search results

1. K

Floating-Point Audio Library Extension

I get pops or distorted USB audio when I change my SDR code audio sample rate and the PC side detected sample rate and (settings in the device advanced properties) are not set to match. In my case I modified the TeensyDuino library to run the USB audio at 48Khz for my needs. Transmit audio to...
  2. K

Audio from USB Host

I have looked around and see no evidence that there is code existing to do USB audio through the USB host port today. I have built a USB band decoder for a new microwave capable radio (the new ICOM IC-905) with multiple USB devices, 2 serial ports and 1 audio. On boot up I inventory the...
  3. K

Gerber file for Teensy 4.1 and Audio Shield

In our Teensy SDR project we have developed several iterations of "motherboards" which the Teeny 4.1 and the SGTL5000 audio card are mounted on the PCB side by side. The earliest ones are very basic, the later one larger and lots more connectors meant to make building a radio quicker and...
  4. K

Arduino CLI And IDE now Released - Teensy Supported!

Hard coded was my guess. Short of modifying the sources for the tools, using one of the known PIDs is probably best, the reported USB type may be wrong but seems harmless in this case. At least we can explain that now with confidence. I do clear out the unused devices and can confirm this is...
  5. K

FYI. Another item I just discovered, the boards.local.txt, which is working for the IDE, is not being read by VS Code's board manager UI. I have to move the boards.local.txt content into boards.txt to get the VS Code board manager UI to display my Serial+Serial+Audio USB Type. If I remove my...
  6. K

Also in WA. Question. Been reading a thousand posts but there is a missing link for me to understand how the IDE 2 menu, pluggable discovery/teensy_ports, CLI board details, and boards.txt are not giving me a correct serial port label that displays in various reports and IDE menus. Scenario...
  7. K

Flakiness seen due to boards.txt from old and new IDE installs

I had read about the caching and saw where just deleting the leveldb folder was enough to get the boards menus to update. That has worked great for me. Today I discovered boards.local.txt in some searching which led to this...
  8. K

Only now did I catch that that 0.58.3 is the same as 1.58.3. I said heck with it and uninstalled VS Code and Arduino of any version, wiped folders and installed fresh. Upon examining the new install, the Teensy model list appearing in the menus under Arduino earlier is because I had popped in...
  9. K

I added a new combo to the usb_desc.h file (Serial + Serial + AUDIO) and the boards.txt to match. This adds to the 48KHz USB Audio changes I had made earlier. I have been chasing some IDE Tools:Boards and Tools:USB Type menu flakiness getting trying to get things working in both VS code and...
  10. K

RA8876LiteTeensy For Teensy T36 and T40

I have been fighting the glcdfont.c problem since at least Feb 2022. My SDR program uses a define to switch between the RA8875 and RA8876 display and therefor their libraries, and the glcdfonts.c is present in multiple libraries folders including the ILI9341. Each time I end up renaming one or...
  11. K

USB Audio samplerates added

Step by Step to make 48KHz work for me I have been trying to use 48KHz for USB Audio both directions. My project is a Teensy 4.1 based SDR radio. On the PC I run a program WSJT-X (or similar digital mode apps) which prefers 48KHz. A CW keyer project modified the Audio Library to work at...
  12. K

Not stacking 4.1 audio board

Teensy 4.1 + Audio motherboard for RA8875/6 Displays We have been successfully using the Rev D audio card next to the Teensy 4.1 on a motherboard for our Teensy 4 SDR project. https://github.com/K7MDL2/KEITHSDR This is the 4.3" board which plugs onto the back of a RA8875 or RA8876 display...
  13. K

AudioSDR - A single Audio block SDR (software defined radio) processor/demodulator

I converted AudioSDRpreProcessor to f32 to be compatible with OpenAudio_Library and Teensy 4.x. I and using it in my Teensy 4 based RA887x_SDR radio and tweaked and seems to be working well after tweaking some variables. In my app I have a #define to choose between the PhaseChange() manual...
  14. K

AudioSDR - A single Audio block SDR (software defined radio) processor/demodulator

PhaseChange() on T4 with OpenAudio_Library F32 working I got Ron's PhaseChange() to work on the Teensy 4 to remove images using OpenAudio_Library 32bit floating point objects. Had to make some changes. 1. Change the int16_t arrays to float32_t 2. Change the 32767 to 1.0f Plugged in the...
  15. K

RA8876 Turn On Steps, Touch operation @KurtE For my RA8876 I use 2 commands for internal backlight, no wire or jumpers required as I recall. tft.backlight(true); tft.displayOn(true); >>But was wondering has anyone had luck with their 7" display with capactive touch on getting...
  16. K

[queued] T4.x based SDR with Hi res 7" touchscreen, 4096 FFT

A few of these have been built now. Receive only at the moment while waiting for suitable transmit hardware to developed. This SDR uses the Teensy 4.1 (most often) with the PJRC audio card. OpenAudio_Library used with only 32bit floating point functions. Configurable FFT size ad sampel rates...
  17. K

non blocking Ethernet.begin() with cable disconnected & static IP ?

Correct, I added the flag and check it at each enet usage. If it is not ready, and see that it should be (hardware was found, library started), then I start a timer and try to reinit the connection if possible. I have implemented on 3 projects, 2 are basically the same and quick testing it...
  18. K

non blocking Ethernet.begin() with cable disconnected & static IP ?

I modified the wait for link status loop with a timeout counter. If it fails, it times out with an enet_ready flag set. In the main program loop, I have a timer that causes it to retry the init periodically. Additionally, ethernet related TX and RX code looks at that enet_ready flag as a...
  19. K

SDR with Spectrum Display with T4 and RA8875 & RA8876 Just to let you know I have been working on a Teensy 4 based SDR project and leverage the BTE feature heavily to do my FFT spectrum draw and the waterfall scrolling. I have this working on both the RA8875 4.3" and RA8876 7.0", both with...
Back