Search results

1. Experimentalist

Uncanny Eyes - What to use for the light sensor?

Michael Meissner, thanks for the info. I have been looking at Chris.nz and your code and have forked it for my own use now but not got started yet. I have a person sensor somewhere on its journey to me already and I am looking forward to having a play. I was also interested in a light sensor for...
  2. Experimentalist

Uncanny Eyes - What to use for the light sensor?

Can anyone shine some light (Excuse the pun) on what they use for the light sensor input to the various Uncanny Eyes projects? Any circuit diagrams would be useful if possible. Is it just a simple voltage divider with a resistor and LDR? If so can someone provide some part numbers and values...
  3. Experimentalist

Do I need a Mosfet Driver?

I know this is an old thread but having been reading it for a project I'm doing I thought I'd link this document for others: MOSFET Gate Resistor Setting for Motor Driving
  4. Experimentalist

Possible to use Teensy AS the keyboard to replace 8x8 matrix?

I'm not sure whether I understand your question, but, have you looked at the Arduino Keypad library? https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Keypad/ This supports matrix keypads in row and column format.
  5. Experimentalist

Wirelessly powering a Teensy or other micro controller

Hi I have a project which I intend to clip to a shirt pocket. What I would like to do is keep the project itself as lightweight as possible and power it wirelessly from a 2s Lipo in the pocket. The main drivers behind this is reducing strain on the pocket and very simple battery replacement. My...
  6. Experimentalist

Connect Lipo to charger

Hi All I am looking to use a 3.3V Teensy powered from a 1s Lipo. The Lipo will have an independent USB charge controller with a 3.3V output. I am intending to monitor the Lipo voltage via a voltage divider connected to an analogue pin. What I want to do is have a momentary push button that...
  7. Experimentalist

Uncanny Eyes - Switch eye using button

MichaelMeissner, thanks for the info, very helpful as ever
  8. Experimentalist

Thanks MichaelMeissner, a very insightful reply as ever, thank you very much for taking the time to add so much detail Ex
  9. Experimentalist

Thanks once again for taking the time to reply, I just don't want to waste time reinventing the wheel when the work is already done and out there!
  10. Experimentalist

@MichaelMeissner do you have any links to Uncanny Eyes 128x128 data files by any chance? I have the following already but guess there are many more somewhere: catEye.h defaultEye.h doeEye.h dragonEye.h goatEye.h logo.h naugaEye.h newtEye.h noScleraEye.h owlEye.h terminatorEye.h
  11. Experimentalist

Thanks for the information Michael, I'll take a look
  12. Experimentalist

With the Uncanny Eyes project, has anyone tried to have multiple eyes loaded into memory and switch between them using a button at run time? With the later chips there is plenty of memory and this would be a nice feature.
  13. Experimentalist

Load images converted using lcd-image-converter.exe from SD card

Hi All I am working on some projects using a 128x128 OLED screen with the SSD1351 controller. I have been using the lcd-image-converter.exe from https://lcd-image-converter.riuson.com/en/about/ to convert some png files that I have worked on with Gimp (https://www.gimp.org/). The output of the...
  14. Experimentalist

Uncanny Eyes with Teensy LC

Hi KurtE I can configure mine for SPI or I2C so I would appreciate if you can post what you have Regards Ex
  15. Experimentalist

Is there anything in the pipeline product wise similar to the Adafruit QT Py SAMD21?

Hi I have always loved Teensy products and the support from Paul, Robin and the PJRC forum community. I was wondering if there is anything in the PJRC product pipeline that is similar to the Adafruit QT Py SAMD21? They seem to be outdoing PJRC with this truly teensy board at present. I know it...
  16. Experimentalist

Thanks MichaelMeissner for taking your time to write a comprehensive response, much appreciated. I will try to resolve the error I think. If I have no luck I will have to find another use for those screens and buy some with the supported display drivers.
  17. Experimentalist

Can you send me a link to the Github repo please?
  18. Experimentalist

Thanks for the replies guys. I have many, and I am happy to use the T4. Is there a T4 library that supports 128x128 using the SSD1351? I have these displays: ER-OLEDM015-1C-SPI
  19. Experimentalist

Hi All It's been a while. I am trying to compile Uncanny Eyes for Teensy LC from: origin https://github.com/adafruit/Uncanny_Eyes.git (fetch)origin https://github.com/adafruit/Uncanny_Eyes.git (push) I am getting the following: [Starting] Uploading sketch 'uncannyEyes.ino' Please see the...
  20. Experimentalist

Code to gather data from propshield sensors and save it to SD for later analysis

Yep, that ship has sailed. Been there, done that, got the data and moved on. Thanks all for taking the time to respond though. Ex
  21. Experimentalist

Switching a 2.2Kw 240V kettle element using a Teensy

Sure do, I use them all the time
  22. Experimentalist

Thanks for the responses. Having done a bit of research I decided to go with this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32842277618.html I have ordered the SSR-80DA. This in theory is massive overkill since 2.2Kw at 240V should be drawing 10A by my calculations. The product page seems to talk a...
  23. Experimentalist

Hi All, In these days where power is at a premium I have a plan to pimp my kettle (I drink way too much coffee so it is very busy day to day). My plan is to put a thermistor in direct contact with the water and measure exactly when the water reaches boiling point. Thus, instead of waiting for...
  24. Experimentalist

Volume Sales

Thanks Paul, I'll be in touch soon
  25. Experimentalist

Volume Sales

Hi Paul I have made several attempts to make contact about volume ordering but have had no response, could you PM me an email address that I can contact Robin on please? I do not have any emails from when I placed previous orders and have been using UK redistribution channels more recently...
  26. Experimentalist

Any Teensy capable of streaming video from a camera module?

I've already applied for a sample and to be a UK partner!
  27. Experimentalist

The possibilities are endless!
  28. Experimentalist

Thanks for the message. I have been doing research all morning and I am very excited by this: https://www.arducam.com/camera-for-any-microcontroller/ I can't wait to get my hands on one!
  29. Experimentalist

Hi All Is there any Teensy in the current range that is capable of streaming video from a camera module to SD card or other suitable storage media? I am looking to try and make the lightest possible camera for a racing Kart and where weight comes in I always look to the Teensy range first. I...
  30. Experimentalist

Volume Sales

Please remove my personal details from the post, that was unintentional
  31. Experimentalist

Volume Sales

Hi Paul/Robin I am currently working on a number of projects for my new business "Aaawesome Solutions". All my products will be using Teensy boards and accessories. Can I place volume orders directly with yourselves? I am based in the UK. This could lead to orders for hundreds of units quite...
  32. Experimentalist

Wide angle hi res camera for use with Teensy

Hi I am looking for a wide angle camera for use with Teensy, ideally 180 degree lens or close as possible. Anyone got any ideas? Regards Ex
  33. Experimentalist

PropShield Compatibility

Michael I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed response, this has been invaluable to me, very much obliged Regards Ex.
  34. Experimentalist

PropShield Compatibility

Is there a full list of which Teensy micro controllers are directly compatible with the PropShield? That is that can be directly connected by adding pin headers and plugging straight in in a stack formation like the example below. My Guess is: Teensy LC Teensy 3.2 Teensy 4.0 Teensy 4.1 Teensy...
  35. Experimentalist

Recruiting

Hi PaulStoffregen, Robin I have just started a new business developing embedded designs amongst other things and I intend to exclusively use Teensy micro controllers due to your great support. I want to employ crazy makers like myself in the main. Is there an area where I could post to gauge...
  36. Experimentalist

FastLED Library Failing to build

Hi I have tried building the very simple blink example from the FastLED library for Teensy LC but I cannot get it to build. I have tried it with the following: Teensyduino 1.47 Arduino 1.8.9 Teensyduino 1.48 Arduino 1.8.10 I have also tried using VisualTeensy and both of the above with no...
  37. Experimentalist

Can I read the battery backup voltage (VBat) internally?

Having walked the dog and woken up a little I just thought that the coin cell is only 3V so no need for a voltage divider, I guess I can just connect it with a series resistor to limit current? I am still interested if this can be read internally somehow though?
  38. Experimentalist

Can I read the battery backup voltage (VBat) internally?

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows if I can read the VBat RTC clock battery backup voltage internally somehow or whether I would have to add an external voltage divider or similar to monitor the coin cell for low voltage? My current project is designed to use any Teensy from the following list...
  39. Experimentalist

Using touch inputs on Teensy LC, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 & 3.6

Interesting but seems to contradict this quote: The diode option seems very straight forward so I guess I'll give that a go, thanks for responding
  40. Experimentalist

Sorry if this is a simple question but can you explain the theory behind the diodes. I guess if the input pin goes more negative than Gnd by approx 0.6V then it sinks to ground and vice versa if it goes more positive than around 3.9V it sinks to the 3.3V pin. I kind of get the Gnd side but not...
  41. Experimentalist

Could you post a link to that manual please? I just wondered if I should protect them or maybe this is already taken care of internally. So I just connect the pin directly to a wire or pad and that's it?
  42. Experimentalist

The above is designed to use the CapacitiveSensor library not the native touch pins of the Teensy LC, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 & 3.6, it is a completely different beast that is why I started this thread.
  43. Experimentalist

However . . . would it still be best practice to include a series resistor to protect the input from electrostatic discharge? Anyone?
  44. Experimentalist

How to use full ADC resolution with voltage divider

Thanks for your response. So. if I'm reading this correctly, I would use a reference voltage and a voltage divider to provide a fixed 2.7V into an Op Amp non inverting input. I would then connect the centre point of my voltage divider as described above to the inverting input and the output...
  45. Experimentalist

Oh if only my memory worked . . . I have asked this before but never followed up . . . here are some useful links for anyone finding this: Capacitive Touch Hardware Design Guide Capacitive sensors with the Teensy 3.0
  46. Experimentalist

Hi, if I want to use the touchRead(pin) function with Teensy LC, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 & 3.6 do I just connect a wire to a touch enabled pin or should I use a series resistor of some sort?
  47. Experimentalist

How to use full ADC resolution with voltage divider

I want to use a voltage divider to read the voltage from a 5 cell Lipo. However I want to use the full resolution of the ADC with analogRead() but across a limited voltage range. The maximum voltage being 4.2V per cell and although I do not want to discharge past 3.0V per cell I would like to...
  48. Experimentalist

Directly driving a TIP120 Darlington NPN from 3.3V output

That's great, thanks for your help . . . I knew I must be missing something. I had intended to wire it as you suggested so your answer is spot on, thanks again.
  49. Experimentalist

Directly driving a TIP120 Darlington NPN from 3.3V output

I was wondering if someone could verify my electronic maths for directly driving a TIP120 Darlington NPN from 3.3V output, see datasheet diagram below. I want to use it to switch a 9W LED powered from a 5 cell Li-Ion battery. If Watts = Volts x Amps then Amps = Watts / Volts = 9/21 = 0.43A ...
  50. Experimentalist

What pin number for Teensy 3.6 SD card chip select pin?

I am using the SD formatter code from https://github.com/greiman/SdFat.git and BUILTIN_SDCARD is coming up as not defined, what actual pin number is it? I do not see a format example in the SD library.
Back