Search results

1. X

SRXL2 bi-directional serial loses connection due to long code

I've made significant progress. I can confirm that the example code does not handle locating the start of each serial communication. If (rxBuffer[0] != SPEKTRUM_SRXL_ID) is true, then the code will be unable to read any PWM data. I wrote code to delete all incoming data until rxBuffer[0] is...
  2. X

Hi KurtE, Using ili9341_t3 helped me finally see PWM data from SRXL2 on the tft screen. I have a lot left to fix, but is a big leap forward. I still have issues with receiving information via serial. I believe the issue is related to how the example code reads the serial data. For instance, the...
  3. X

How can I determine if the issue is buffer size related? Is the SRXL2 library iterating through the bytes in the buffer. When I read the code, I can't tell if increasing the buffer would solve the issue. if(bytesReceived) { rxBufferIndex += bytesReceived...
  4. X

I only call tft.begin and tft.draw once to prove that the srxl2 communication stops after calls to the tft display. This code flips a bool after 1 loop to test the SRXL2 communication. If I run it in setup() the SRXL2 communication may not start at all. At that point, too many variables can...
  5. X

I'm going to take a shot at interrupts instead because your suggestion breaks the requirements of the task. 1: I have SPI devices, seems like Teensy threads is already not the correct solution. 2: I took the example code of teensy threads and example code of tft printline. Could not get the...
  6. X

Here is my attempt at interrupt chaining. I used #include "TeensyTimerTool.h" to create a OneShotTimer SRXL2CLK; // generate a timer from the pool (Pool: 2xGPT, 16xTMR(QUAD), 20xTCK). I started the SRXL2 and used a while loop to keep it going until it has enough data to continue. Communication...
  7. X

Thank you for all the suggestions. I tried TeensyThreads and the tft display is giving me difficulties integrating into the code. I can't use the screen at all inside of a thread. I have tried showing a simple black screen. Any suggestions? // 'Bitmap Car no wheels', 311x125px #include...
  8. X

Hi Pete, My original question is asking for assistance on making a code that does not risk being too slow for SRXL2. Your method would require numerous time studies on each individual functions and modifications on said functions to ensure that SRXL2 never times out. Is your recommendation to...
  9. X

// 'Bitmap Car no wheels', 311x125px const unsigned char TT01Bitmap_Car_no_wheels[] PROGMEM = { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00...
  10. X

Hi Pete, https://github.com/SpektrumRC/SRXL2/blob/master/Examples/example_app.c By adding large calculations or delay(100) to this codes loop, srxl2 stops updating the PWM channels. The issue is centered around the absence of interrupts or periodic checks. I'm trying to understand what is...
  11. X

I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you explain the benefits of using default serial code instead of the example code specifically made for srxl2 devices. Wouldn't the issue that I'm struggling with occur on both codes?
  12. X

I'm using the example code for SRXL2 as a bi-directional serial communication on a teensy 4.0. When I add calculations, tft displays and other code the serial connection no longer works. The issue is repeatable if I add delay(100) into the loop...
  13. X

One Wire Serial Communication using Teensy 4 with SRXL2 Spektrum Receivers

Thank you, I don't know what that means and I don't know how to get this Arduino code to work with teensy. Can you explain what I should do to fix the code?
  14. X

I get this error when I try to run this code, but I don't know how to solve it. Thank you. cannot convert 'PORTDemulation*' to 'volatile uint8_t* {aka volatile unsigned char*}' in initialization...
  15. X

Srlx2 uses one wire, the example code that I posted uses a diode to combine the tx/rx lines of the Arduino. Are you saying that the one wire library is unable to communicate with the receiver using Srlx2 protocol? I posted the example code to show the necessary call and response to communicate...
  16. X

I have a Spektrum SRXL2 Serial Receiver that I want to connect to a Teensy 4. I have an example for arduino that I want to convert to one-wire communication. How do I take this Serial communication code and use the OneWire Library instead. This is the documentation for SRXL2...
  17. X

Teensy 4.0 seen as SE BLANK RT Family

Maybe you misunderstood my question, I asked What would be your recommendation on connecting the teensy to solderless breadboard? The teensy has no headers to attach it to a breadboard. I assume you want me to attach headers to the teensy. Attaching headers via soldering sounds the same as using...
  18. X

I tried using SDA1/SCL1 using the i2c scanner and that also did not detect any devices. What would be your recommendation on connecting the teensy to solderless breadboard? I2C was working beforehand so I didn't think a new board would disrupt communication. Here is a picture of the board...
  19. X

I updated the software and now the teensy is communicating via serial that it cannot find the i2c device. I replaced the broken teensy 4 (i2c worked) with the new teensy 4 and now i2c is not working. I verified the connections between the devices and I am slowly desoldering everything that is...
  20. X

Thank you for the information, I decided not to use those chips and instead I used a MC14504B for 5v -> 3v and txs0104E for 3v->5v. However I have to figure out why most of the outputs of the MC14504B are not correct. (between 1000 and 2000 PWM signal). I used .1 uf capacitors on both power...
  21. X

Thank you for all of the help, I realized what happened. I didn't think that the PWM input wire from my electronic speed controller would send 5 volts as it is PWM input. So pin 23 is fried and I have to invest in proper level shifting for PWM going to the teensy AND PWM leaving teensy. With...
  22. X

Yes, I removed that wire and tried to reset the board. The only wire that I have connected still is the I2C connections (green and blue wire). I will desolder it from the board this weekend. Thank you
  23. X

I took pictures of the top and bottom of the circuit https://imgur.com/a/vePtQUx I disconnected everything but the I2C connections and I soldered VIN to VUSB. Still nothing but a single red blink. For reference here is me forgetting rule 1 and frying the first teensy 4...
  24. X

I have nothing on pin 22 but a pwm out to headers for servo motor on pin 23. I checked the board and did not find any stray conductive materials. Are you saying that this board is probably dead? Should I bother with desoldering the 5V and pwm outputs. I already accidentally fried a board due...
  25. X

Yes, one red blink and then nothing. I will take pictures and desolder the 5V later today.
  26. X

I have just tried your suggestions and the teensy will only flash red once. I can not get it to boot into blink. When I plugged the USB I cannot enter programming mode. I checked that the trace is cut and has no connectivity. I still have 3.3v from the teensy
  27. X

To clarify, plugging in the teensy should be followed by powering on the teensy? I have a separate power supply so I want to make sure that i have your instructions correct. After I release the button for the 15 second reset, the LED flashes once and then the LED never turns back on.
  28. X

I have a teensy 4.0 that I started uploading example codes to. I was having issues receiving serial communication so I kept trying different example codes. Then I noticed that it did not show as a teensy device in windows device manager. Now I cannot enter manual program mode or see the teensy...
Back