Search results

1. K

#define placement

Nominal, I just wanted to follow up and tell you that your idea worked. Thanks. To make sure the Ard IDE would find the revised library, I renamed it. That also isolated any programs that use the original library unless they get modified. And it added a little complexity as the two Arial...
  2. K

#define placement

Wow guys, I can't believe you are taking this much time with this. And yes, Paul, to your earlier comment, I've been building systems for 50 years and I know I can't just make assertions about things not working. You are right and right to point it out. But the truth is things have worked...
  3. K

#define placement

Nominal. Yep, I get that last part. Plus, you can't override the library by putting a copy in the local arduino/libraries folder. Have to dig down into the core libs. It's one of those Teensy idiosyncrasies. But I like Paul's products too much not to deal with it. I could use another...
  4. K

#define placement

ahh. ok, thanks, Paul.
  5. K

#define placement

You wizards are all likely better coders than I, but I keep getting issues with trying to redefine the size of a TFT screen using the Teensy version of the ILI9341_t3.h library. I'd like to be able to just leave the library down in the Teensy hardware path alone and compile for different size...
  6. K

Teensy 4x current sink

Thanks. Good info.
  7. K

Teensy 4x current sink

Folks, the tech specs for the Teensy 4xs say 4ma max as a source. But it's mute on max current controllable with a pin in OUTPUT_OPENDRAIN mode. I'd guess I could expect 10ma or so, but I'd rather be sure. Let me know. Thanks
  8. K

WDT_T4 - Watchdog Library for Teensy 4

ahhh.. that makes more sense. thanks for the fast response.
  9. K

WDT_T4 - Watchdog Library for Teensy 4

Am I reading this stream correctly.... in post 1 TonTon81 describes WDOG1 as driving GPIO pins 19, 20 low and needing a POR to reset them. Given #19 is the I2C SCL pin, does this mean that after the dog trips and reset() executes, the I2C channel will be inoperative unless I externally power...
  10. K

Watch Dog timer issue

In the true sense of a dog with a bone, I decided to work up a simple solution not dependent on device clock rates. The code below will work for any Teensy 3x (not having a model 4 around, I couldn't test it.) It should be self-explanatory enough for general use. Thanks all...
  11. K

Watch Dog timer issue

Well, some reading of the Freescale docs and testing proved out the code supplied by Bricomp above. Testing showed the WDT clock runs at 48mz on the T3.2 and is not dependent on the selected clock rate when compiling in the IDE. if you set the prescaler to max WDOG_PRESC =x0700, you can use a...
  12. K

Watch Dog timer issue

Well, hell, you are right. the file is just a stub in the Teensy3 fork of the AVR library. So there must be some issues with the Teensy 3 pin assignments or some such. I'll have to resort to the "no macro" approach. thanks.
  13. K

Watch Dog timer issue

I must be missing something, but a simple WD timer routine that will work on an Arduino fails to cooperate on the Teensy 3.2. Secret sauce please. Test code is below. Just a quick and slow flashing LED pattern to show me it has reset. //======================== #include <avr/wdt.h> #define...
  14. K

Teensy 3.5 Reset Issue

I decided to remote the reset and program pins on one of my designs. Used shottky diodes before the buttons to avoid any overvoltage issues, although there is no voltage present. The program switch works fine; the reset does not. Even shorting the reset pin to ground has no effect...
  15. K

Teensy 3.2 I2C feature

The Teensy 5v tolerance is pretty good. You should not have a problem. Check the flowmeter to see if has pull up resistors. If not, you may need one on each of the SDA and SCL lines unless the wires are very short. 4.7k works. Ken
  16. K

uBlox Library

Brian.... thank you. I'm going to set up a two unit test rig with some Teensy's and RFM69 radios. When I get that working, I'll shift over to the GPS stuff and set up a base station and rover. That's where your library may come in handy. In my case in the field, I need about 600m of LOS...
  17. K

uBlox Library

Brian, Given the availability of the Ublox GPS-RTK chips, I'm thinking of replacing my GPS subsystem connected to Teensy 3.2 and 3.5 devices. Do you think your library will hold up? I doubt you thought about position corrections data input back in '16. But, hey, you never know. Sparkfun has...
  18. K

Teensy 4 On/Off pin

Gang... As I don't see a Reset pin on the "T4" pin layout, am I to assume that the On/Off pin, switching the 3v supply essentially performs the same function? I want to swap it in for a T 3.2 model in a construct where the Reset line resets several other logic elements including the 3.2 CPU.
  19. K

[posted] Semi autonomous robot beach wagon

Not quite as facile as having an ability to climb stairs, but this gets another job done. Hauling 200 pound loads over a large sand dune and saving the family, and me especially, a lot of work. The Teensy 3.2 in the control unit does a wonderful job of managing the interface and commands and...
  20. K

TFT Display issue ILI9341

KurtE... No need. I went back to Github and found Paul's latest library for the ILI9341_t3. After installing it the problem went away. Seems my log up files used to rebuild was not accurate enough. I had an older version in the build queue. Thanks Ken
  21. K

TFT Display issue ILI9341

I recall seeing something in the posts last fall about the improper handling of println() calls. I just rebuilt my dev system and reloaded all the libraries etc. ILI9341_t3.h and other files show dates of July last year. So they're up to date, at least I think so. I'm running a Teensy 3.2...
  22. K

Teensyduino compatibility

Ok, thanks. Got some work to do now.
  23. K

Teensyduino compatibility

I'm porting over some code from a Mega setup. And I'm guessing the naming conventions in Teensyduino for the Teensey chipset are different than the AVR units. I get a compiler error on the ISR line below. Specifically... "expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token"...
  24. K

math libraries

Gang... thanks a load. this was right on the money information. Now off to make the switch. Ken
  25. K

Reset pad; Program button...

Thanks for the prompt response. In the experiments I've been doing, I concluded that the situation might be as you described. Now I've got several good avenues to pursue. Cutting power to just the CPU and leaving other things running might work. But I think the reset pad maybe with a diode...
  26. K

Reset pad; Program button...

I'm curious as to the difference in the Program push button and the Reset pad on the bottom of the 3.2 unit. Are these explained in any documentation? Searching the Forum doesn't turn up much useful info. For example, if I were to use the Program pin as a Reset line for other circuits, would...
  27. K

math libraries

I'm in the process of moving a set of subsystems over from an Arduino Mega 2560 setup to a Teensy 3.2. All is working fine so far, and running much faster, but I do have a question. One of the subs .. a GPS parser and location calculator uses the standard math library from Atmel for haversine...
Back