Search results

1. W

Does anyone know the correct architecture code for gdb multiarch debugging of the teensy 4.1 arm cortex m7 processor?

set architecture auto (the default) correctly detects the architecture as armv7e-m when a teensy firmware.elf is specified as the target.
  2. W

Does anyone know the correct architecture code for gdb multiarch debugging of the teensy 4.1 arm cortex m7 processor?

I found a way to get a complete list. Just need to find the right one! (gdb) set max-completions unlimited Note the following line has a trailing space! (gdb) complete set architecture set architecture A6 set architecture A7 set architecture ARC600 set architecture ARC601 set architecture...
  3. W

I am struggling to find the correct gdb "set architecture xxxx" command to debug using TeensyDebug gdb server. The arm-none-eabi-gdb program in the teensy toolchain crashes on my Ubuntu 22.04 system. So I am trying to substitute gdb-multiarch instead. I cannot find a way to get gdb to list the...
  4. W

Is this completely stupid?

The standalone standalone sample_data.h comes from the original "General repository for Wavetable Synthesis Capstone project at Portland State, Fall 2016 - Winter 2017". https://github.com/TeensyAudio/Wavetable-Synthesis/blob/master/sample_data.h I don't think it exists any more as a separate...
  5. W

Where I eventually ended up in this journey can be found in the following threads. To summarise I store the soundfonts as JSON. https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/serialising-to-json-and-deserialising-from-the-files-generated-by-jannick-manickens-soundfontdecoder.74003/...
  6. W

GEM menu library does not work when working with Adafruit GFX and SSD1306

Thanks for that. I think I gave up on it and switched to a different display!
  7. W

asw2json/json2asw-arduino/json2asw-platformio - First full release

The two deserialisation libraries are also available from the respective official Platformio and Arduino library repositories.
  8. W

asw2json/json2asw-arduino/json2asw-platformio - First full release

These three repositories are components of a project to serialise SoundFont 2 data from the Teensy Audio AudioSynthWavetable::instrument_data structure to a JSON format that can be stored in a file and then deserialised back to an instrument_data structure in memory. The repository...
  9. W

json2asw - serialising and de-serialising AudioSynthWavetable::instrument_data to and from a JSON file.

I have just made the first beta release of this project json2asw. This project provides the following. A script to preprocess the cpp and h file pairs produced by Jannick Manicken's SoundFontDecoder. This script may also handle files generated by the original WaveTableSynthesis project, but...
  10. W

Serialising to JSON and deserialising from the files generated by Jannick Manicken's SoundFontDecoder

I have moved my activity on this to a new repository json2asw. I will be retiring the old repository soon. I will be posting to a new thread from now on.
  11. W

Serialising to JSON and deserialising from the files generated by Jannick Manicken's SoundFontDecoder

I have I have just tagged the first alpha release of my program to convert the .cpp and .h generated by the decoder to a format to something that can be read form a file at runtime and recreated dynamically. The project is available at here. The repository name is a bit misleading and stems from...
  12. W

Is it possible to call AudioSynthWaveTable::setInstrument to change instruments at run time.

This question is related to my loading soundfonts from the sd card project discussed in this thread and and available on GitHub here. The following is a snippet from my test sketch. Main audioObjects; void setup() { while (!Serial); Log.begin(LOG_LEVEL_VERBOSE, &Serial)...
  13. W

Belated update. I have abandoned the cpp parser approach. I am now a using shell script to preprocess the source file. sf2bin then needs to be recompiled with the newly generated instrument_samples.cpp and instrument_samples.h files. sft2bin produces a binary data file that can be read in from...
  14. W

Modifying sample_data.h is giving some downstream problems in platformio as the sketch keeps picking up the version from the teensy package framework. I have decided to work on the a cleaner approach using the cppparser library to parse the files. I am currently struggling to get the...
  15. W

The binary data I produce is an aligned and padded version for a PC. The next step is to read in the file in a teensy sketch and see if there is a match between the alignments and padding on my PC and on an arm m7.
  16. W

Just pushed up a version of sf2bin that actually outputs sonething that looks useful. Feel free to fork and improve.
  17. W

The changes are a little more complex than first thought. I need to get hold of the actual sizes of the raw sample data arrays. The easiest way to do this would be a small mod to decoder.py in the Wavetable-Synthesis library to add a count field to sample metadata. struct sample_data { //...
  18. W

Progress report. I have created a repo on github https://github.com/rogerjames99/sf2bin.git. This contains the source of a c++ program that instantiates the wavetable data. The next step is to write this out to a file. The changes to the sample data were trivial.
  19. W

I am working on some software for an electronic concertina being constructed by a friend of mine. The instrument will look like and play like a real concertina. He has already captured a number of samples of real concertinas of various types. Our current workflow for producing soundfonts is as...
  20. W

Does teensyduino support ARM scatter loading?

Thanks for the suggestions. But please do not waste more time on this until I have had the time to try the code in the Arduino IDE. Thanks once again for the time you have taken to help me with this. Roger
  21. W

As mentioned in the previous post the software generating the elf file is gnu arm-none-eabi-ld. Yes. It is a standard PlarformIO setup using the arduino framework supplied as part of the teensy platform package. This is basically a few scripts wrapped around your cores and teensyduino...
  22. W

Thanks defragster and Paul for your responses. Especially since I broke just about every rule in the forum about asking questions without full backing information. My gut feel about about this is that it is nothing to do with scatter loading and that the firmware.elf file that is being...
  23. W

The question is in the title. I have a sketch I am trying to link and upload under platformio using a GNU gcc toolchain. The sketch uses the ArduinoMenu and the Teensy Audio libraries. Building a version of the sketch that only uses one of the two libraries works perfectly. Build with both...
  24. W

Simple WORKING JTAG+UART for Teensy 4.1

jtag mod and openocd I have what I think is a successfully modded 4.1. I am attempting to get it working with a cheap cmsis-dap daplink clone probe using openocd. I have the basic config done and I am talking to the target via the probe. roger@dragon:~/openocd$ openocd -f cmsis-dap.cfg -d3...
  25. W

Defining USB_DUAL_SERIAL causes PlatformIO "Upload and Monitor" to fail

Sorry the link got omitted in the cut and paste. Code is at https://github.com/rogerjames99/DebugTest.git
  26. W

Defining USB_DUAL_SERIAL causes PlatformIO "Upload and Monitor" to fail

I recently raised this as an issue against platformio/platform-teensy on gihub. I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this or can offer any insights. Running PlatformIO using vscode on a Linux system (Intel® Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz × 16) and with default values for...
  27. W

Teensy 4.1 and Raspberry Pi Debugger

Just a little bit more info. The DEBUG port on the target side of the probe is actually a cJTAG port. This is 2-wire bus one wire is clock the other is bidirectional data. I wonder if the MIMXRT1062DVJ6B supports that? With a quick search I could not find any reference other than full JTAG.
  28. W

Thanks Paul, I had not looked much further than the fact that it supported CMSIS-DAP on the USB side, and that on the target side CMSIS-DAP is supposed either JTAG or SWD. It looks like it would require a firmware change and probably also a hardware mod in the probe to support JTAG. Roger
  29. W

Raspberry Pi have just a launched a debug probe based on their Raspberry Pi PICO board. See announcement here and documentation here. I have one and it is a nice little piece of kit. I am planning to attempt using it with Teensy 4.1 modded for JTAG. Has anyone already tried this? Does...
  30. W

Teensy 4.1 USB Triple Serial Linux Naming

All the serial device names in Linux are created via the udev rules subsystem. The standard rules for naming serial devices are given in /lib/udev/rules.d/60-serial.rules. If you look in here you see that usb serial devices as well as having names created directly under /dev also have links to...
  31. W

TeensyDebug and Arduino 2.0 IDE

This is driving me nuts. In the IDE compilation randomly fails. Nothing is being changed, I just have to keep pressing the Verify button until it works. It fails more times than it works. Looking at the output logs the difference is in the compiler flags being used. Unfortunately the build that...
  32. W

That got things in the menu on the IDE working. My test sketch compiles. Just got to get it debugging. Do I need to launch gdb nanually in this environmen? I am more used to Platformio.
  33. W

The location of the boards.txt and platform.txt files is here. roger@dragon:~/.arduino15/packages/teensy/hardware/avr/1.57.2$ ls boards.local.txt boards.txt cores installed.json keywords.txt libraries platform.local.txt platform.txt That is one of the locations I tried. I must be...
  34. W

The teensy_debug installation python script cannot find the right place to put things in an Arduino IDE 2.x installation. I have hacked it to put most things in the right places under ~/.arduino15/. However I am stuck on where to put boards.local.txt and platform.local.txt. I have tried...
  35. W

How do I increase the text size on vBulletin it has gone tiny?

Aha, I switched to the Default Mobile Style. I realized that I mostly post stuff from my tablet.
  36. W

How do I increase the text size on vBulletin it has gone tiny?

The title says it all. The text size on firefox and chrome is ridiculously tiny. Is there any way to set it from the user end?
  37. W

GEM menu library does not work when working with Adafruit GFX and SSD1306

The GEM menu library uses the Adafruit GFX library to talk to displays. I am using SSD1306 OLED display connected vi I2C. Driving the display directly using the GFX library works perfectly. Driving the display via GEM using the GFX library display random dots or the previous contents of the...
  38. W

No USB serial with Teensy 4.x compiled Optimize: Debug

One thing I have discovered on Linux using the 00-teensy.rules udev rules file. Is that the /dev/ttyACM0 and /dev/ttyACM1 files do not consistently point to the teensy monitor port (Serial) and the second USB port (SerialUSB1). It is much better to use the device nodes under /dev/serial/by-id...
  39. W

Where can I find the source repository that contains the Teensyduino platform.txt?

I'll say it again. "Ah well. it was worth asking... " Thanks Roger
  40. W

Groan, I deleted the http:// from the start of the text box for the link. It must get put back in again when you hit OK. Mea culpa! I give up.
  41. W

Thanks for the tip. The link should be http://https//www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html
  42. W

I tried IDE 2.0.1 but could not get past "Debug - Debugging is not supported by 'Teensy 4.1'" If platformio is not supported why is it shown here. http://https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html?
  43. W

Where can I find the source repository that contains the Teensyduino platform.txt?

I am thinking about submitting a pull request to add handling of platform.local.txt overrides.
  44. W

Thanks for your reply. But that is not the problem I am looking at. There may well be a combination of compiler flag and preprocessor definitions that cause the same problem in any other IDE.
  45. W

I have spent the last week looking at getting gdb debugging using the TeensyDebug gdb stub to work under platformio/vscode. I have got to a situation where a can I can get into a debug session and do some basic stuff. I eventually hit a problem with the version of arm-none-eabi-gdb running on...
  46. W

Using GDB with Teensy without hardware debugger, first Beta

Thanks for the tips. I have searched for those blink codes without success! Yes my test sketch uses the audio libraries. So another good tip. Why the bootloader chip reports bad jtag is puzzling. But may explain why the usb ports do not appear. Thankyou very much!!!!
  47. W

Hi h4yn0nnym0u5e, platformio does not use the python script. It uses whatever you put in platformio.ini, .vscode/launch.json and .vscode/tasks.json. I have been trying to reproduce what you put in the teensy_debug python script. But my knowledge of teensy and platformio is limited. The launch...
  48. W

Problems with large uploads on Teensy 5.1 I am trying to get TeensyDebug working stably on a Teensy 4.1 using vscode and platformio on Linux. Using the latest version of TeensyDebug it works fine on small sketches, but fails on large ones. The 4.1 accomodates much larger sketches (*10) than any...
  49. W

The pull request has now been merged.
Back