Search results

1. T

Does the Teensy 4,.1 support multiple USB devices on the host connector by use of a hub?

Yes, I have had no issues connecting multiple USB devices using USB hubs, but only if the hub only has USB ports. If it has other features like HDMI or SD card reader then I can't get it to work.
  2. T

USB Host Library MIDI hanging

Yes, I managed to fix this. The issue is that the code is getting stuck in the while loop in the write_packed function. Here is my fix: I added a condition so the code can exit the loop Then I determined that the issue was due to the SysEx messages being sent too quickly in the...
  3. T

Just did more tests and unfortunately, the above solution does not work when sending SysEx messages from the USBHost. The case where tx2 >= tx_max && tx1 >= tx_max is not handled in the function above, which leads to an infinite loop. Hopefully someone has an idea on how to resolvec this.
  4. T

After further troubleshooting, I have narrowed it down to this code being stuck in a loop in this function in midi.cpp, where tx2 == tx_max == 16, and hence it was not matching any of the conditions. void MIDIDeviceBase::write_packed(uint32_t data) { if (!txpipe) return; uint32_t tx_max...
  5. T

I'm testing a basic code sending MIDI via usbHost on a Teensy 4.1 (lets call this the controller). // Simple test of USB Host // // This example is in the public domain #include "USBHost_t36.h" USBHost myusb; USBHub hub1(myusb); USBHub hub2(myusb); USBHub hub3(myusb); KeyboardController...
  6. T

RIP Teensy 3.2

Supply seems to be coming for the MK20DX. This week I had > 3000 chips on order backlog suddenly getting fulfilled. But I guess the 3.2 will still remain discontinued?
  7. T

Cant catch a break using SD card / teensy 4.0

I don't think you can use any SPI pins for this, unless you know what to edit in the library. The pins are all hardcoded for the IMXRT1062 chip in the SDFat library. If you use the recommended pins (34,35,36,37,38,39) for the SD card for Teensy 4.0, it should work ok.
  8. T

The very last Teensy 3.5 and Teensy 3.6 are available today, limit 2 per person.

Glad to know that the bootloaders will still be available. There seems to be a batch of MK20DX arriving in September and more coming in January and we're looking forward to receiving them. Separately, can we be optimistic about looking forward to faster teensies (T5?) being designed by next year?
  9. T

The very last Teensy 3.5 and Teensy 3.6 are available today, limit 2 per person.

Will you still make the 3.x boot loader chip available (in larger quantity orders) if we're still able to get our hands on the kinetis chips?
  10. T

All my eggs in one basket

I was interested in stocking the extended temp range version but did some googling first to see if it works, and came across this post: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/69357-Teensy-4-x-with-Industrial-Temp-iMXRT1062 Just FYI for anyone planning to use it. Most of our products are based on the...
  11. T

Updates on future supply of Teensy 3.2/3.5/3.6 and/or alternatives?

I just got an update from Element14 that my outstanding orders for about 5k MK20DX chips (since April 2021) is scheduled to arrive July this year. It has been delayed multiple times before though, not getting my hopes up for this one.
  12. T

Updates on future supply of Teensy 3.2/3.5/3.6 and/or alternatives?

Just want to +1 my interest on an update for this topic as well. We've finally ran out of MK20DX chips and are hopeful for good news coming from NXP this year. Switching chips for existing designs is not an option so we can only hope for the best + churn out new products using different...
  13. T

Bootloader Chip For Teensy 4.0

I've had thousands of boards assembled from the factory on HASL lead free finish PCBs using the QFN bootloader chips without any issues. For the problematic boards (~0.5-1%), the issue is usually the soldering of the LQFP MK20DX chip where some pins are not properly soldered to the pads. But...
  14. T

NXP chip supply - any news?

Looks like we can't depend on the Kinetis chips to come back in stock in time - going to have to make some tough decisions to switch to a different chip as the T32 chips make up a large proportion of what we use now. Thanks for the valuable insights!
  15. T

That helps, thanks!!
  16. T

Yeah. Just checking if there might be any updates/insights from NXP into when it might be back in stock and the supply situation for 2023. The delivery for my order from Element14 has been pushed back multiple times since April 2021 and now they're basically saying they have no idea when it will...
  17. T

I saw an update on the T41 page: That's great news! I just received a large MIMXRT chips and it was quickly out of stock on Mouser. ETA for the new stock is December 2023. I need to ask - is there any good news as well for the T32 Kinetis chips?
  18. T

'Over the Air' firmware updates, changes for flashing Teensy 3.5 & 3.6

I've tried both the RAM and Flash buffer. I just stripped down my entire code to just the FlasherX function and the blink firmware was written successfully. So it seems like something else in my program is affecting the flash_move() function even though the same function is running. Will dig...
  19. T

'Over the Air' firmware updates, changes for flashing Teensy 3.5 & 3.6

I was about to get FlasherX to run in my hardware. I am loading the hex file from an SD card. I loaded a simple blink program into the SD card and flash_move() was called. After the T41 rebooted, the original firmware was still loaded, not the blink firmware. Could the new firmware be written to...
  20. T

What causes the Teensy 3.2 to not boot up properly?

We test all units before we ship them out. So the units would be working well until the random event where the user powers it up and the firmware does not run. Power cycling the device does not help. Yes it will function normally for a period of time. If that issue occurs and the firmware is...
  21. T

What causes the Teensy 3.2 to not boot up properly?

I have the Teensy 3.2 built into a product. Every now and then, we'll have a user that reports that the product is "not responding" and Teensyduino cannot detect the device as well, and the only way to resolve this would be to access the program button to load the bootloader, and then reload the...
  22. T

availabilty of boards for larger orders?

Found the answer to my question here, if anyone is interested: https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/MK64F-supply-shortage/m-p/1404144/highlight/true#M62299
  23. T

availabilty of boards for larger orders?

Just curious, if you know, what is affecting the production for the Kinetis chips? Is it a production/manufacturing problem, or is it a demand problem? I've got thousands of MK20 chips on backorder since April 2021 :eek:
  24. T

Anyone have a Teensy 3.2 that you'd sell? I'll $50.00.

I've got 1 unopened 3.2, and a few with pins soldered.
  25. T

[Teensy4.1] INPUT_PULLUP with Zener diodes

Thanks for the information! Is there a tried and tested way to protect the 3.3v pin from external elements, where the pin needs to have analogRead, digitalRead or FlexIO output capabilities depending on how the user configures it? The issue is that the user might interface it with another...
  26. T

[Teensy4.1] INPUT_PULLUP with Zener diodes

I have a simple zener diode circuit to protect the pins from >3.3v: When i use pinMode(xx, INPUT_PULLUP), the pins only reads 1.6v, which is not ideal. When i use pinMode(xx, OUTPUT) and then write it to HIGH, the pins reads 3.3v. If I remove the zener diode, pinMode(xx, INPUT_PULLUP) will...
  27. T

MIDI.setHandleSystemExclusive error

Check the MIDI_Settings.h file. There is a SysExMaxSize variable that you'll need to change.
  28. T

Teensy 3.2 shortage

My guess is not anytime soon. The lead times for the MK20DX256VLH7 chip are extremely long right now. I have the chip on order since April 2021 that are yet to be filled.
  29. T

Trouble detecting button presses

2 issues - one with the missing braces, and the other is with the delay function. When the delay function is running, the digitalRead function will not be. You could use interrupts to detect the button presses, push the event into a queue and then process the event when your code gets to it.
  30. T

T4 FlexIO - Looking back at my T4 beta testing library FlexIO_t4

Ah yes, double. Getting close but something still isnt quite right. I tried to half the FlexIO clock speed by using the divider CCM_CS1CDR &= ~( CCM_CS1CDR_FLEXIO2_CLK_PRED( 7 ) ); CCM_CS1CDR |= CCM_CS1CDR_FLEXIO2_CLK_PRED( 0b11 ); And its close to 31250 now, but still not quite. More...
  31. T

T4 FlexIO - Looking back at my T4 beta testing library FlexIO_t4

I was trying to use FlexSerial to replicate a UART for MIDI Output. Unfortunately, I'm hitting some roadblocks. I'm not able to manipulate the baud rate for the FlexIO pin. begin(31250) should work, but the pin is still sending the MIDI message at a baud rate of 115200. Photo above comparing...
  32. T

SD Card vs EEPROM for storing byte arrays. Any disadvantages?

Thanks for the insights. It is install and forget - users don't see the card at all. I guess the only way would be to field test this to find out. Anyway I'm probably going to be using < 10mB out of a 4gB or 8gB card. Hopefully, with wear levelling, I never have to worry about the card wearing out.
  33. T

I noticed that the 4.x bootloader is "temporarily discontinued" due to some feature development. Is there any ETA on when it might be back for sale?
  34. T

SD Card vs EEPROM for storing byte arrays. Any disadvantages?

I'm planning to switch from EEPROM (24LCxx) to SD cards for a new project and was wondering if there are any disadvantages of using SD cards. I already have a working prototype that reads and writes to SD cards just fine, but am just curious about SD card's durability as I have not field tested...
  35. T

USB C PCB routing advice

Hi everyone, I'm planning to use this connector for a project with the Teensy4: https://www.mouser.sg/ProductDetail/Molex/216989-0001?qs=DRkmTr78QARfehpd11NNIg== I have some questions on routing the PCB trace on both the A and B side. I have first routed it to the A side and made sure that the...
  36. T

[Teensy 4.1] Custom Teensy Board Questions

Piggy-backing on this thread - I've got a similar question - is it ok to omit the DP83825 ethernet chip in the Teesny 4.1 design?
  37. T

Is this still in the "soft-release" stage, or is it ready for production-level quantity?
  38. T

I just saw that the MIMXRT1062DVJ6A chip might be discontinued. Is it still safe to implement this in a new project? From their website: https://www.nxp.com/part/MIMXRT1062DVJ6A#/ If a new version is manufactured, the bootloader chip should still be able to read both versions, right?
  39. T

Raspberry Pi Pico

Pardon my ignorance, what market is the Teensy considered to be on? I know the Teensy boards are considered dev boards, and having the bootloader chips available puts it in the micro-controller market as well?
  40. T

Same here, I really appreciate the work put into the Teensy. I built my products around this mainly because of the developer experience. I must have bought over 6000 bootloaders from PJRC already, and am hoping to continue with the 4.1. I'm just little disappointed that Paul stopped giving any...
  41. T

Similar interest. Happy to purchase the bootloader and 1062 chips if possible. Not sure if this should be a separate topic, but given that the bootloader is not available for the 4.1, what are the options to productionize a designed based off the 4.1, besides soldering the 4.1 directly on the...
  42. T

teensy midi

yes you need to write your own code to tell the Teensy what to do. This page covers it: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_midi.html
  43. T

What would help right now is if Paul can update us on whether this is still something that he is trying to implement or whether it's a dead end in terms of getting a boot loader for 4.x
  44. T

Teensy 4.1 solder pads for USB ...

Thanks for the info and suggestions! I'll explore both. Ideally, we won't have to once Paul releases the bootloader for 4.x :)
  45. T

Teensy 4.1 solder pads for USB ...

Would there be any concern with using pogo pins on a production board, to link the D+ and D- pads to the circuit board it is going to be soldered to?
  46. T

Any update is better than nothing at all
  47. T

thats right. it'll be good to know if this is still actively being developed so I can plan ahead. If its not then I'll have no choice but to start designing using the 3.6
  48. T

Crystal PCB design for custom Teensy

Thanks for spotting that!! I mis-read the diagram in the datasheet. Thanks for the links as well. Pasting a part from the nxp manual for future reference
  49. T

Crystal PCB design for custom Teensy

Hi everyone, I'm currently designing a Teensy on a board, and have a question regarding the PCB design for the crystal. From that I have read: 1. Ground plane under crystal 2. No digital signals below crystal 3. No parallel lines with crystal signals I am not certain if I should be grounding...
  50. T

life after teensy

I've been selling a product with a Teensy fully soldered into the PCB, and recently sold my 300th unit. I've been wanting to switch over to using the MKL04 chips and have the Teensy designed into my board, but after calculating the costs, it does not make much financial sense for me to do so...
Back