Search results

1. skpang

short circuit somewhere killing all my teensies?

Post a photo of your setup would help to see what is going on.
  2. skpang

CAN XL in Teensy 4.1

The max speed of CAN FD depend on the topology. I've managed to get 8Mbps in a point to point topology.
  3. skpang

FlexCAN_T4 - FlexCAN for Teensy 4

First the 100Ohm terminator is a bit low. They recommend 120Ohm. Try and change the clock setting from: cfg.clock = CLK_80MHz; to cfg.clock = CLK_24MHz; I think 80MHz is too high or it is not a clean dividable to get 2Mbps.
  4. skpang

CAN BUS Message Issue Transmiting with Teensy 4.1 and BAMOCAR d3 controller using FlexCAN_T4

On the ISO1050 transceiver, have you applied the correct voltage on Vcc1 and Vcc2 ? Post a photo of your setup.
  5. skpang

LIN bus 2.1, working example?

Yes, those changes are correct. They are needed as Markus library has changed to a two step init.
  6. skpang

LIN bus 2.1, working example?

I have a RGB LED LIN-bus example working with the Teensy 4.0 and Markus's LIN library. https://github.com/skpang/Teensy40_CAN_FD_LIN-bus_NCV7430_RGB_demo Looks like jsimonkeller is making progress, lets see if he needs anymore help.
  7. skpang

Firefox not accessing forum

It is working on my M1 Mac Studio.
  8. skpang

test thread

Good to see the forum is back.
  9. skpang

You are using extended IDs. You need to add this : msg.flags.extended = 1;
  10. skpang

Teensy 4.1 with CANBUS adapter and flexcan t4 - no CAN data stream?

The OBDII port I've seen uses 500k. Suggest you tried that. Depend on the make/model/year of your vehicle you may not see any data on its own. The OBDII port is not usually directly connected to the CAN network. It is via a gateway. You would need to do a request first, then the gateway will...
  11. skpang

[duplicate] Software Defined Transceiver

Do you have a GitHub link ?
  12. skpang

If you plug the T4 and PCAN analyser in and the car bus goes silent. If the bitrate is set correctly then it could be that the CAN_H and CAN_L are swapped.
  13. skpang

If you have a known working transceiver then the speed shouldn't really matter as long as it is 1Mbps or below. I would use your CAN-bus analyser, set it to 83.3k and connect it to your car to see if any data on PCAN-View. If you don't see any data that means it is not quite 83.3k If you see...
  14. skpang

I don't have a device that runs at 83.3k so the following code might not work. All I can test is on a CAN-bus analyser. Try this : #include <FlexCAN_T4.h> FlexCAN_T4<CAN1, RX_SIZE_256, TX_SIZE_16> can1; uint8_t i; void setup(void) { can1.begin(); can1.setBaudRate(83333)...
  15. skpang

Teensyduino 1.58 Released

I just replaced my library with your lin_bus.h and lin_bus.cpp files. Changed to LIN lin and move the lin.begin into setup(). It works!! This is now working as it used to be. Strange v1.58 broke it. Thank you KurtE for fixing this. It is not my library.
  16. skpang

Putting LIN lin(&Serial3, 19200); inside the setup works ok but I can't access it in the main loop. I have to recompile the code and comment out the LIN lin(&Serial3, 19200) and upload again to get the crash report. CrashReport: A problem occurred at (system time) 19:17:32 Code was...
  17. skpang

I'm using the lin_bus.h library with Arduino IDE 2.0.4 on a Teensy 4. https://github.com/MarkusLange/Teensy_3.x_4.x_and_LC_LIN_Master This is working with v1.57.2 and now I've upgraded to v1.58.0 but the Teensy looks like it crashes on startup. #include "lin_bus.h" LIN lin(&Serial3, 19200)...
  18. skpang

Install, compile and upload ok on Mac Studio with Ventura 13.3
  19. skpang

CAN-Bus with SN65HVD230D tranceiver Teensy 4.1

Assumed you have wired them up correctly. If you see waveform on CTX and steady state on CAN_H and CAN_L then the SN65HVD230D breakout board most likely to be faulty.
  20. skpang

Could be a fault with the SN65HVD230D or the automotive sensor. Post a photo of the SN65HVD230D.
  21. skpang

Waveform look oK on CTX1. Post waveform of CAN_L and CAN_H.
  22. skpang

Check you have two 120R terminator on your network. One by the SN65HVD230D and another by the sensor end.
  23. skpang

Post a photo of the CTX1 waveform.
  24. skpang

The code is working. I would move the read into the main loop and not inside the timer. Like this: void loop() { CAN_message_t inMsg; if (can1.read(inMsg)) { Serial.print("CAN1 "); Serial.print("MB: "); Serial.print(inMsg.mb); Serial.print(" ID: 0x")...
  25. skpang

How to use CAN bus on Teensy 4.1, 4.0 and 3.2 ?

It is best to use a CAN transceiver to get the proper experience. Digikey and Mouser have in stock now. Recommend to use the MCP2562FD.
  26. skpang

Teensy 4.1 and Ethernet, a workshop experiment

Great idea but please a bit more notice. Is there a recording ?
  27. skpang

Teensy LC featured in Electronics Weekly

Teensy LC featured in Electronics Weekly 8th Feb 2023 edition.
  28. skpang

header for Teensy 4.0 pins 24-33

Its a Molex part : 15-91-0100 https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Molex/15-91-0100?qs=UZEkBKezw1bF%2Fz6q%2FFjjLA%3D%3D
  29. skpang

What are these dots on the Teensy 4.1 Board?

They look like Fiducial marks. They are used by the pick and place machine as a referent point during assembly.
  30. skpang

Audio Shields delayed by SD socket shortage

The new socket looks so much more difficult to inspect and re-work.
  31. skpang

LORA - Serial interference. Workarounds?

You might also want to add a ferrite choke on the cables from the LORA transmitter to the purple board.
  32. skpang

LORA - Serial interference. Workarounds?

I would put the GPS module and the purple board inside a metal box. That way it will reduce the interference from the LORA transmitter.
  33. skpang

I've got it working at 10Mbps with these settings: FD.begin(); CANFD_timings_t config; config.clock = CLK_80MHz; config.baudrate = 1000000; // 1000kbps Nominal data rate config.baudrateFD = 10000000; // 10000kpbs Data rate config.propdelay = 190; config.bus_length = 1...
  34. skpang

Teensy 4.0 PCB layout suggestion

To solder those pads I use a fine iron tip and 0.3mm solder wire. Works ok. The 0.3mm solder wire helps not to get too much solder onto the join.
  35. skpang

Issues in CAN-BUS communication between Teensy 4.1 and RPi

If you read the data sheet on the TJA1050 it says the Vcc supply voltage is 4.75 to 5.25v If you got it to work at 3.3v does not mean it will work in all conditions or at all data rate.
  36. skpang

Issues in CAN-BUS communication between Teensy 4.1 and RPi

If you can see the CAN frames with candump that means the Rx is working and configured correctly. If you can't send data that sound like the Tx line is not working correctly. Check the TxCAN pin on the MCP2515 is connected correctly to the sn65hvd230. Use a scope to check there are data on...
  37. skpang

dev/Serial0/Serial1 error on Teensy 4.1

On the Raspberry pi, the shell messages on the serial connection could be enabled. This need to be disable to use the serial port for your own application. Use raspi-config. P6 to disable it.
  38. skpang

LittleVGL on Teensy

Yes, every major version breaks backward compatibility. This is a real pain. The SquareLine Studio to do the layout is pretty good and works on the macOS is well.
  39. skpang

The sketch works on my system. Have you got the same sketch running on the other Teensy ? Configure your Analog Discovery 2 as an oscilloscope and connect it to CANL and CANH. Post some pictures of the waveform. Post some photos Teensy setup.
  40. skpang

There are different versions of the example sketch. Can't check it for you if you don't post your sketch here.
  41. skpang

Not familiar with the Analog Discovery 2. You need to set the CANL and CANH channels as analog input and not digital channel. You should then see the waveform. Post your sketch here and I can check it for you.
  42. skpang

Best to use an oscilloscope to view the CANL and CANH signal as it idle around 2.5v and the active state is around 3.5v for CANH and around 1.5 for CANL. In a CAN network you need at least two active nodes. Have you got both Teensys running a CAN sketch ?
  43. skpang

LCD suggestions

Not used it on the Beaglebone Black.
  44. skpang

LCD suggestions

A 3.5" (diagonal) 320x480 with ILI9488 works well with the Teensy 4 There is the ILI9488_t3 library avialable for the teensy. https://www.buydisplay.com/lcd-3-5-inch-320x480-tft-display-module-optl-touch-screen-w-breakout-board
  45. skpang

Oscilloscope recommendation

If you want an oscilloscope then the Rigol DS1000Z series are good value for money.
  46. skpang

Issues w/ non-stop sending on T4.0 Can3 using FlexCAN_T4 or ACAN_T4

You need to configure the NeoFire CAN interface as an active node and not listen only. Check the NeoFire CAN interface is set for 500kbps. Your sketch is working on my system.
  47. skpang

Issues w/ non-stop sending on T4.0 Can3 using FlexCAN_T4 or ACAN_T4

Sounds like the Teensy is not receiving an ACK back. Have you got two 120R terminating resistor in your CAN network ? Is your NeoFire CAN interface configure as an active node or listen only ?
  48. skpang

Teensy 4.0 featured in Elektor magazine Sept/Oct 2022 issue

The Teensy 4.0 is featured in the Sept/Oct 2022 issue of Elektor magazine. It is a detailed 6 page article, "Why is this Board So Fast ?"
  49. skpang

Teensy 4.1 Winbond Compatibility

The additional charge only applies if you select MouseReel. Cut Tape is no extra charge. You can only see this after you enter the quantity.
  50. skpang

Teensy 4.1 Winbond Compatibility

TR means Cut Tape / Reel. Without TR normally means shipped in a tube or tray. Both same device.
Back