Search results

1. T

The power consumption of Teensy's processor?

The power consumption will be dependant on the processor speed. Whether the processor is reading hardware serial data, or waiting for hardware serial data or in an empty loop the power consumption will not change. It does not 'idle' down. To reduce the power consumption you can either...
  2. T

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

@Dogbone06 do you have the pin spacings for your board? The vertical right rail and horizontal bottom rail positioning from your top horizontal rail. I assume they're standard 2.54mm between the pins I use Kicad and would like to order a Breakout board at the same time to connect 24 bit...
  3. T

Oops sorry mate got my names mixed up Thanks for that, the thread shows it will work.
  4. T

I'm trying to order the pcb through jlcpcb The parts list for defragsters board shows an IMXRT1062DV_10X10 The only imxrt1062 jlpcb is showing in stock is MIMXRT1062CVL5B Datasheet shows its the 10x10 chip. Will this work?
  5. T

GPS Module and Library Recommendations

I've found the ardafruit ultimate gps module to be pretty good. It does support an external antennae as well, has updates of 10hz and fast warm/cold start times. Good accuracy and a spot for a coin battery to improve start times. There library is bloated though and uses an interrupt to read...
  6. T

That's great. Do you know if they work as fast gpio?
  7. T

Are there 24 eLCDIF pins?
  8. T

Teensy 4.1 SD card CS pin

Your not the only one! Last pcb had miso and mosi switched. One before was using an esp32 and had connected up an input only as an output
  9. T

Legend mate. If it can match ram2 speed that's pretty good and very usable. It could be a potential for teensy 4.2. I reckon there would be a market for the fastest arduino compatible MC with a decent amount of fast ram.
  10. T

I'm really curious what kind of read/write speeds you will get compared to the onboard ram. If you get it working some bench marks would be great! I believe you can do burst or single read/writes on sdram Sdram needs constant refreshing? Is that all built into the ram?
  11. T

I'm following this project with great interest. However the programming required to get the sdram chip working is way above my skill level. I Have some bootloader and imrxt chips from Paul ready to go if you can get it working. I hope to modify dogbones board (without touching the sd lines)...
  12. T

Voltage level of gpio input

Is it outputting 2 only at the pin or is it outputting 2v at the start of the column matrix. At 2v I would assume something is floating
  13. T

Voltage level of gpio input

To me that seems like a problem with your wiring Try to disconnect the teensy completely from the circuit and measure the output voltage when that column is pressed. If its not pulled to 3.3v then its a circuit problem. Test the other columns too.
  14. T

SPI with 2 or 4 data lines?

GPIO6 You will need to shift 16 to the right because the sequential port bits start at gpio6 bit 16 to 31. Here's the pin mapping //MXRT pin |6.31|6.30|6.29|6.28|6.27|6.26|6.25|6.24| |6.23|6.22|6.21|6.20|6.19|6.18|6.17|6.16| //4.1 pins |27 |26 |39 |38 |21 |20 |23 |22 | |16 |17...
  15. T

Seeking guidance on XPT2046 Touchscreen Library, converting reported touch position to screen position

As KurtE has said. Serial.print the raw values of 2 opposite corners (you can do all 4 to get an understanding on how it works) They should be linear along each axis (some axis will count backwards depending on your screen orientation) Then you just to map the left and right and up and down...
  16. T

Pinmode query

G Great thanks heaps for that Mark!
  17. T

Pinmode query

So im sharing an analog pin to read analog in from a multiplexer. The multiplexer gets enabled, reads various values then gets disabled. That same pin then switches into a digital out pin (as part of a 16 bit parallel output to a display). This all works fine, however i am getting some jitter...
  18. T

How did you go with your pcb?
  19. T

Teensy 4.1 possible to hook up sdram?

Hey mate. Did you have any luck with this? I'm pretty interested to try this. I know there's other boards that can do this but I want to stay within the teensy ecosystem.
  20. T

do..while inquiry

Not really Option 1 Int x; x++; do { while {x < 5} Option 2 For(int x = 0; x < 5; x++){ } Its spread over multiple lines. You have also got a global variable that is only ever used once.
  21. T

I'm super interested in this so will definitely make one if you can get the sdram working
  22. T

do..while inquiry

I never knew that but your right! It's probably not a bad practise though.
  23. T

do..while inquiry

Also it's good practise to initialise your x variable to 0 when declaring it. It could be placed in a piece of unused memory that had a value. I've been caught out with this before.
  24. T

Teensy 4.1 possible to hook up sdram?

I would love a copy of your pcb files!
  25. T

Latch chip

So I managed to get it working with the 10k pullup resistor and a 100pf capacitor on the latch enable pin. The best timing I could get for it to latch the values was adding a delay using 7 digitalwritefasts high on the latch pin before pulling it low. Couldn't think of a better way of adding...
  26. T

Latch chip

I've found someone that had a similar problem online and tried there solution and it worked. It must definetely be a noise issue and its on the latch enable pin. Ive added a 10k pullup resistor from latch enable to VCC as well as a 0.1uf ceramic capacitor from Latch Enable to Ground. This has...
  27. T

Latch chip

I did a little more testing The latch is definitely not holding with gpio_dr_clear 1) open transparent latch 2) write values high 3) close latch 4) dr_clear 5) write values low 6) latch not closed values leak through 7) extra test. Latch is still low. Write values high again. Values bleed...
  28. T

Latch chip

Oh yep. Sorry I'm testing off a pcb with only one latch chip on it (same pcb just one chip soldered) and I've tacked the 4.7uf electrolyte underneath. It's definitely got the correct polarity It's not the cleanest pcb routing i was in a hurry. First version I created the footprint of the wrong...
  29. T

Latch chip

Theyre ceramic, so shouldn't be polarised?
  30. T

Latch chip

Thanks for your help Luni, it's much appreciated. The write8 Macro was a by-product of using some code from the mcufriend library. Your correct, since my register pins are all now linear the write8 can be shortened. I tried the shortened version without any success. The high/ low values...
  31. T

Latch chip

Yes chip is wired up correctly. It's on a test pcb connected via Dupont cables to the teensey. I've taken into account the pair positions for the input and outputs. The chip works perfectly when doing digitalwrites and even dr_set as long as the pins are manually set to low using digital...
  32. T

Latch chip

Thanks. Yes I've just checked and tried again, the same result I've broken up the clear mask into 4 seperate upper and lower bits. Calling clear on either the upper or lower bits will work Calling clear in 2 seperate calls on the upper and lower bits will result in failure to latch
  33. T

Latch chip

So have played around with it for a bit. I've added a 4.7uf Electrolyte capacitor to without any luck. However ive discovered its something to do with GPIO6_DR_CLEAR = GMASK; Taking this line out and manually setting the 8 data pins to LOW will work. Changing the GMASK to clear GPIO6 with...
  34. T

Latch chip

At this point I'm just testing off a small pcb before moving it over to the main pcb. I'm just running one ground from teensy and 3.3v from teensy. I'll test some shorter cables and add a couple more grounds. I'll also add a 10uf electrolyte capacitor with the ceramic capacitor just to see...
  35. T

Latch chip

Thanks Paul. I'm not sure what's up with the stray *'s in the first post code. I can't find the button to edit it I do have an 0.1uf ceramic next to the vcc of the latch chip. Im running of 200mm Dupont cables on to a small test Breakout pcb. I'm just stumped. I'll try as a test tomorrow to...
  36. T

Latch chip

I am at a complete loss here and have a lot of hours trying to work out whats going on.* I am using Teensy 4.1 I'm using a Tristate Latch74VHC373MTCXCT-ND. Datasheet:*https://www.onsemi.com/pdf/datasheet/74vhc373-d.pdf Output enable is tied to ground as i don't need the chip to ever go into...
  37. T

Future Teensy features & pinout

I would love to see a teensy 4.2 with extra pinouts with the 24 bit display pins and software support for them (I believe the 1060 has some 2d graphics functions built in) Add the pinouts for an sdram ic and can make full functioning 24 bit displays with buffers.
  38. T

Flexio and I2C

Has anyone successfully managed to reroute an i2C port using flexio? I've had a read through some of the flexio threads on here and it seems extremely complicated. The alternative is i'll have to bit bang.
  39. T

Teensy 4.1 and display

Oops your right. I have confused myself. That chip will not latch the output. 74hc573pw, 118 would be what I require? https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/nexperia-usa-inc/74hc573pw-118/946654 It's the fastest propergation time I can find
  40. T

Teensy 4.1 and display

Oops your right. I have confused myself 74hc573pw, 118 would be what I require? https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/nexperia-usa-inc/74hc573pw-118/946654 It's the fastest propergation time I can find
  41. T

Teensy 4.1 and display

So im thinking of using 3 x fast 8 bit line driver buffer chips CD74AC244E Combine 8 parallel lines into each of them. The 24 bit output goes into the parallel lines on the tft. I've got another display on order with all 24 bit parallel lines on the pinout This way I can use 24 bit mode and...
  42. T

Teensy 4.1 and display

Thanks ill have a play with it
  43. T

Teensy 4.1 and display

So i connected all the 16 bit parallel lines on the first 16 pins on GPIO6. 6.16 to 6.31 in order. Get very fast register changes now. If i set every pixel on the back buffer to different colours to force a new colour on the parallel lines for every pixel it went down from 22 milliseconds to...
  44. T

Teensy 4.1 and display

I've ordered an 8mb psram chip and will give it a go. I do like the idea of smooth 60hz though. Is direct memory access able to output to a 16 bit parallel line?
  45. T

Teensy 4.1 and display

I am using a Teensey 4.1 and a 7 inch 800 x 480 SSD1963 display with a 16 bit parallel bus. I have always wanted to get full screen refreshes happening with a buffer on a display with proper syncing and the theory is the Teensey 4.1 could be fast enough. No more of this only drawing changes...
Back