Search results

1. M

USB driver for SourceAudio C4 Synth pedal

The code is writing to the pedal before it is signalled ready, hence the reset. In your code above, ensure 'deviceReady' is checked before calling util_setCtrlValue().
  2. M

The EncoderTool from MatrixRat above looks promising, and is probably better suited to the task, though I've not tried. Regarding using util_getCtrlValue(). I wouldn't recommend a user interface design where a read back is perform after each and every adjustment (write). Consider using a...
  3. M

I would recommend against the 3.5mm interface as would unnecessarily complicate your design. For example, how could you infer a preset change where it happens external to your software? Polling is one option but not recommended to continuously poll the C4. It has other things to do. For the...
  4. M

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

Its looking good, and yes, I'm envious.
  5. M

Touch input could be used to directly modified multiple onscreen controls without having first select focus. Say, a Bargraph. But could also be used in conjunction with physical input control(s) (keys/knob) for the best of both worlds. If going with multiple rotary encoders, then I would...
  6. M

This morning I saw a new domain, the bass forum, had linked to the github source tree, and then in turn I came across that thread. And you're correct, I'm in Belfast, Ireland. I'll throw together simplified version without the audio board, but with another rotary encoder (volume) and say, a...
  7. M

Thank you. Note that the video does include an added audio adapter board, which isn't actually necessary if only the C4 Synth functionality is desired. The rotary encoder also has turn indents that prevent slippage.
  8. M

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

You have a buyer right here if that board ever becomes available for purchase.
  9. M

Finally, a video! Here is the Delay/Tuner pedal, using the builtin Audio library along, with this C4Synth library:
  10. M

Tuner and Delay effects pedal

Before beginning this project, I at first researched what else was out there (and I do own other programmable pedals); For instance, was I about to waste my time producing what already exist? Thus I found Multiverse whilst doing so. Whilst Multiverse does indeed look cool, somewhat envious, but...
  11. M

Hello Micky, You mentioned you picked up a Teensy 4.1 for this, so here is fine. The C4 connects to the Teensy via the Teensy's USB host port, with this cable and as seen here : https://www.pjrc.com/store/cable_usb_host_t36.html Grab that cable, power up the C4, power up the Teensy (I use a...
  12. M

Teensy 4.1 to 600w amplifier

In short, Yes. However, I would be apprehensive connecting to an Amp that does not contain a built-in signal limiter. My setup is T4.1 > Audio Shield Line out > Low impedance instrument input on a BA-210v2 (450w).
  13. M

Tuner and Delay effects pedal

For covering songs on Bass, based around rhythmic delays, I was in need of a digital delay pedal where an adjustable & exact delay setting was possible and with a readout to indicate so. Pedals such as these are usually expensive, costing several hundred GBP/USD. So I built something with a...
  14. M

Connecting ST7735 display to Teensy 4.1

I'm using the AudioShield also with an SPI display with the T4.1 (effects pedal). For this, I'm using SPI1 with pins as follows: #define SPI_RST 34 #define SPI_DC 35 #define SPI_CS 38 #define SPI_MOSI 26 #define SPI_SCK 27 If you're confused over SDA and MOSI then please...
  15. M

Teensy 3.2 End Of Life

Coughs. Windows 7 is still in active use by many, including yours truly.
  16. M

Monophonic Guitar Synthesizer with subtractive synthesis

Just to confirm that I have the same result with my own code and V3 of the library whilst using AudioShield. It seems V3 isn't compatible with Teensy 4.x range.
  17. M

Roadmap "Dynamic Updates": any effort going on?

Thank you. I was unaware of AudioStream.cpp/h. Dealing with CPU usage is half the problem, the other half being memory [block] usage. If we were to expand upon isActive()/setActive() & when set inactive, how would one then cleanly handle automatic memory block release?
  18. M

Roadmap "Dynamic Updates": any effort going on?

I've recently encountered this very same situation; Teensy audio core unnecessarily using CPU cycles. My solution is to add enable()/disable() methods toggling a state flag to each object class. Said state flag is then checked per entry on to update() (where all the processing occurs), if not...
  19. M

T4 NVRAM (SNVS_LPGPR0..3) and the penalty of using it?

This is identical to how I power my Teensy Bass pedal; Two 18650's (P) connected directly to that very same usb charge controller and battery protector, then with a small 5v boost converter. With the Teensy 4.1 running at 150mhz, it does the job nicely.
  20. M

best way to quickly send large chunk of data from PC USB to teensy

Whatever your use-case maybe, it seems as though high throughput is preferential. In this case I would consider USB Bulk transfers, in which case you could expect a sustained 30MB per second transfer rate from Host to Teensy.
  21. M

best way to quickly send large chunk of data from PC USB to teensy

Assuming a Teensy 4.1, largest deliverable data chunk is limited by USB packet size. RawHid can be configured for 1024byte packets, default is 64 or 512 using RawHid512. How large is "a large chunk of data"? Could you instead be referring to throughput (bandwidth)?
  22. M

Transfer to PC

Goodluck. You've set yourself quite the task for a beginner project. There are a number of us on this forum with a background in this field (scientific imaging instruments), both professionally and the home hobbyist maker. I'm sure we'll be more than happy to provide any assistance we can; Just ask!
  23. M

Transfer to PC

What are your bandwidth and latency requirements? I imagine you'll have variable Binning with float or double point data.
  24. M

Transfer to PC

If you're not constrained to Visual Basic, then here is some code, for Windows, that you may use to receive binary data over Serial (port) from the Teensy, or any other Arduino. I used this program for many years to upload binary map & route data from a custom bike computer to PC (over serial)...
  25. M

Teensy 4.1 and display

Have you considered using Rezo's excellent FlexTFT library here. This is an 8 or 16bit parallel driver using FlexIo. Pins are predefined but it will leave you with a spare i2C port.
  26. M

Teensy 4.1 and display

I do exactly this for another 800x480*2 parallel display. My benchmarks show that whilst using PSRAM for the buffer, the T4.1 can push 25+ full frames per second. This is with the PSRAM at 133mhz & cache enabled.
  27. M

Feature Suggestion: PCApp to display the Serial Monitor output without Teensyduino.

The Dll, HidAPi.dll, is compatible with all versions of Windows from Vista to Win11, and is also available from the authors site here. It does not require registering. There is no OS limitation with the executable. It's possible your AntiVirus (Win Defender?) is blocking the files. Here are...
  28. M

Feature Suggestion: PCApp to display the Serial Monitor output without Teensyduino.

HI Crazy, I wrote an app exactly like this here, source included.
  29. M

Uncanny Eyes is getting expensive

Here is that display: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005580201302.html These displays support both MIPI and RGB interface. If RGB, the other required lines will be: DE, PCLK, HSYNC and VSYNC. Wee buns for the T4.1. Teensy should be capable of a MIPI interface using FlexIo, but it may...
  30. M

You divided the 2. The Ram footprint is 460,800 bytes per frame. But yes tight, with one eye in each memory type. We're looking at around 25-27fps with a 100mhz SPI clock at full frame updates, which is still decent enough. Or 30fps with a 110Mhz clock.
  31. M

I've had my eyes on these From AliExpress for a while. The 480x480 display controller is the ST7701S. Example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005560190736.html And the actually Adafruit display: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2033638379.html
  32. M

T4.x support for Raw HID 512? wonder if it makes sense to add to system?

May I make a suggestion for an additional method to the RawHid API? The purpose of this is to save an unnecessary memcpy() call. Instead of passing a buffer with which the received data is copied on to, supply an address pointer which the address of the received buffer is returned (to the user)...
  33. M

Teensy 4.1 : overclocking - do NOT do!

But how is the signal integrity actually. It might be worthwhile posting an image of your experiments (from digital oscilloscope) at the various measured voltage and clock settings. Not doubting your experience or what you have witnessed, but my own practical experience differs widely from...
  34. M

Just to clarify any misunderstanding; This forum is hosted on, and by PJRC, for the Teensy range of microcontrollers', as produced by PJRC (P.S. and Co.). This is not a general Arduino forum and is intended to offer assistance for those who've purchased PJRC (Teensy) products. Referencing your...
  35. M

ILI948x_t41_p - a parallel display driver for Teensy 4.1

Cheers!. As promised, here is a driver for the 960x540 NT35516 display (IPS1P1399) as found on Aliexpress. This controller has been nothing but frustrating to get working, to say the least. I have spent the past three days attempting to resolve what appears to be an inherent horizontal jitter...
  36. M

Hello Mgaert, This library is specifically intended for the Teensy 4.1 only. I can not offer any assistance for any board other than the intended target. That being said, the library does not communicate with the C4 through MIDI messaging, but through the C4's HID interface, aka, a USB endpoint.
  37. M

Lets try this again.. This is a video of the TGX library's Mars demo, rendered at 16bit on desktop and streamed directly to a Teensy 4.1 @720mhz via a RawHid USB interface (modified). Display is a 432x240 IPS S6D04D1 driven via 16bit FlexIo and rendered in strips of 80 rows. FPS is around...
  38. M

Thank you. Don't know how I missed that. Rezo, This is the RM driver is full: It's probably worth mentioning that, on my board (AC1590), RGB24 and RGB888 are marked as different interfaces. RGB24 is the micro bus interface, whereas RGB888 is the h/v sync display interface. This requires a...
  39. M

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhw-3Vw1QwM The mediaplayer supports touch input, infact it was designed with that in mind; mouse input control (cursor) was an afterthought. I simply haven't got around to wiring up the touch controller on the boards. Anyone: Can we embed videos here?
  40. M

Bit depth is 16 565, I never use anything else. I'll try to grab a video later. FASTRUN void RM68120_t41_p::sendCmd16Arg8 (const uint16_t cmd, const uint8_t arg) { uint16_t arg16[2] = {arg, 0}; SglBeatWR_nPrm_16(cmd, arg16, 1); } FASTRUN void RM68120_t41_p::sendCmd16 (const uint16_t...
  41. M

From my observation, 20mhz was the max under the conditions it was operating. I've since discovered the RM to be quite sensitive to poor grounding, a-lah my setup, which was inhibiting proper timing. Teensy 4.1s have 3 ground pins available, the display has two. I was using a single ground pin...
  42. M

SDfat + Arduino 2.0

Standard SD library now contains the functionality of what was the Sdfat library. This error is telling you there is an "sdfat" and "sd" library in your libraries folder causing a Class conflict, because Arduino.. Remove/Copy out the "sdfat" folder then modify your program Includes to point to...
  43. M

RM68120 works. Max Freq ~ 20mhz
  44. M

Found the problem. I was able to confirm the upper 8 bits were not being set be using "p->SHIFTBUF[0] = 0xFFFF", then measuring the pins with a multimeter. Lower 8bits read 3.3v, upper 0.3v. This suggested a config issue. Had a look at FlexIO_Config_SnglBeat() where I noticed...
  45. M

I've been checking this out over the past two days without any success. First with the RM68120, the 16bit register controller, shows no signs of life; not a pixel. But this display might actually be RGB888 only as there is confusion as to whether or not the IM's are connected. This morning it's...
  46. M

It first glance it looks great, but it'll be a few days before I get to test everything, plus I've more items arriving that'll need wired and tested also. Agreed. Need to come up with something name that can be ubiquitous, IMO, whilst not tied to something particular, and not straying from the...
  47. M

And for R61529: #define R61529_TFTWIDTH 480 // R61529 TFT width in default rotation #define R61529_TFTHEIGHT 320 // R61529 TFT height in default rotation #define R61529_NOP 0x00 // No Op, also reset write state (acording to PDF) #define R61529_RESET 0x01 // Software reset #define...
  48. M

Somethings to consider: 16bit Register access, Backlight pin support and a different classname. RM68120, along with the NT35516, are two popular panel drivers (for large displays) which use 16bits for registers, eg; MADCTRL = 0x3600 then 0x3601, thus require 16bit methods, which is...
  49. M

Cheers, It working perfectly. To save others the bother of reformatting, here it is: PROGMEM static const setting_table_t power_on_setting_table[] = { {R61529_RESET, 0, {0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00...
  50. M

Figures. I was supposed to have ordered a number of the larger panels, each with a different, controller for testing. If you can fire up the init code that'll be great, it'll save some time, whilst I get back on Ali to order the correct display.
Back