Search results

1. E

audio switching with teensy 4.0

Yeah, actually more than straight power consumption, the reason why I chose a latching type are sentences from the datasheet like: and I thought that a use case where the relay can be required to stay on for anything from minutes to hours could be considered a long period of time... But since...
  2. E

Since we are here, I'm wondering: I chose a latching type relay because I thought it would be best for this application, where I don't typically need to switch fast back and forth and I might need to keep the relay on for tens of minutes. And I chose a double coil latching type because it looked...
  3. E

Perfect, thank you all! I'll put both resistors then!
  4. E

Thanks a lot for the super quick reply! Can I ask why isn't there something like an OUTPUT_PULLDOWN pinMode? But maybe I didn't understand how INPUT_PULLDOWN works... my thought is that if teensy has built-in pull-downs for inputs, we could use them for outputs as well to replace R2 in your drawing.
  5. E

Hi, as part of a bigger project, I need to "switch" a stereo audio signal. I'm using the Audio shield, and here is the schematic I envisioned: In words: teensy audio gets analog stereo line ins (analogL and analogR), and does some DSP outputting dspL and dspR. I want to be able to switch...
  6. E

Teensy Audio Library: sgtl5000 headphoneSelect is inverted?

Hi! I'm using the Audio shield and library for a project, and I noticed what seems to be a bug. Using the function headphoneSelect I should be able to select the input for the headphones amplifier: either audio from the DAC or directly from LINEIN, bypassing the DAC. The behavior I observe looks...
  7. E

USB_MIDI_AUDIO_SERIAL and SLIPEncodedOSC

Hi! I've seen in other posts that it's possible to use the USB_MIDI_AUDIO_SERIAL flag to use teensy as a USB soundcard and write to the Serial console. Is it also possible to communicate using OSC on the same USB port? I've tried but I couldn't make it work. Here is some example code. It...
  8. E

16ch CV out project

Hello! Just wanted to share with you that everything works! Thanks for all the inputs and comments! Now I'm running at 1MHz: I have a problem with digital bleed and running at lower speed helps reducing it a lot. What happens is that when I amplify a lot in the VCA, I can hear switching noise...
  9. E

16ch CV out project

Hey, thanks for all the information and help, I'm still working on it. While I wait for the DACs to arrive, I'm writing the SPI code. Could you have a look at this snippet and see if it looks all right? My only doubt is because I'm transferring chunks of 24 bits, I've never used the SPI library...
  10. E

16ch CV out project

I see a mistake already: DAC8565 outputs up to 5V, so it needs at least 5V (6?) as AVdd, right? On the other hand DAC8568 outputs up to 2.5V, so could I power it from the 3v3 from teensy?
  11. E

16ch CV out project

Thanks for your tips and patience! I'm doing little steps, but one after the other, I'll hopefully get somewhere! My current understanding of this "mapping" problem is: - VCA has a -33 mV/dB gain constant, and gains from -100dB to +20dB. This translate to an expected CV range between -0.66V and...
  12. E

16ch CV out project

Great, thank you! I was looking at these DACs, found some other threads on this forum and the o_c module that does precise CV with teensy3. I was also looking at version that are equally precise, but without internal reference. Could you explain me a bit how the internal reference works and how...
  13. E

16ch CV out project

Thanks for the super quick answer! Sorry I don't exactly know what you mean with DC accuracy. If it's about generating an accurate DC voltage so that I can sustain a CV value, then the answer is yes, or better, it depends on how much inaccuracy I can live with I guess. Would you have any other...
  14. E

16ch CV out project

Hello! I'm starting a project in which I need 16 CV out channels, with a teensy 4.0. I was thinking about using two PCM1681 DACs, and I have a few preliminary questions: 1. Any comment or advice about components or design is super welcome! 2. Shall I use the two I2S ports on the teensy to...
Back