Search results

1. J

Deport USB port to the case

Thanks Angelo for your input. I previously did work with M12 connectors on some products in the transportation domain. For your suggestion, an alternative to A PC with com ports would be a usb/rs232 adaptor. We're not too concerned about ESD/EMI but rather vibrations, i.e. physical movement.
  2. J

I didn't even knew that existed ! Thanks ! I'll look more into it BTW for solution #2 I may have found a lib that could help with using the USB host port as a USB device (https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/teensy-4-x-how-to-set-both-usb-otg-ports-to-usb-devices.66093/)
  3. J

Thank so much Paul for your insight. I'll check with the rest of the team, and update the thread with the chosen solution. About murphy's law, my thinking is that a maintenance technician would still be able to pop the lid off and update the teensy via the micro usb port. Allowing the end user...
  4. J

Thanks for your answer I realize some info is missing : the teensy will be soldered onto a main PCB board where we plan to put the usb to uart for solution 4. The user controls on the case, including the usb port, will preferably soldered directly on the main pcb board. That's what I was...
  5. J

Hi all, I'm designing a product where I need the teensy to communicate with a software on a PC, via serial connection. For now in my tests I've used the USB device port on the teensy without any issues For the final product I'd like the customer to be able to connect to a port on the case. So...
  6. J

TDM512

Resurecting this thread because I stumbled upon https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/tdm512.73977/#post-334534 If I'm not mistaken that means that I can use 1 AK on each data input pin (feeding the same clock to both codecs) and discard every other channel, keeping only the 16 MSB A bit...
  7. J

analogRead provokes noise on the output

Greetings, I never thought about replying, late is better than never ! The solution we used (apart from the hardware revisions who lowered the noise) was to increase the sample rate of the ADC to make the noise utrasonic and inaudible.
  8. J

Teensy 4 Multi-pin TDM audio, Multi-channel USB, and variable sample rates

Thanks for the works ! Out of sheer curiosity, what is the maximum number of in/out did you manage to get working in your test At a quick glance on the code the audio samples bit depth is still hardcoded in 16bits right ? I ask because some codecs only handle 32bits samples which makes it...
  9. J

TDM512

Thanks a lot for your answer ! I guessed that would be kinda difficult but still wanted to try asking. FYI, the CS42448 will stop being sold from september 2024 with no replacement (see https://www.cirrus.com/products/cs42448/ and https://www.cirrus.com/products/eol/ ) Ahasi Kasei is...
  10. J

TDM512

Hello, I've seen that the TDM objects in the audio library handle 16 channels at 16bit, so 256 bits TDM (TMD256). I would like to have 16x32bit channels(all outputs or all inputs) on 1 TDM object, so 512bits TDM (TDM512). Is it possible to make it work in TDM512 ? If not what are the...
  11. J

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Yes I will try that, don't know why I overlooked it when reading it the first time. I'll report the results here. Technically I have access to the schematics but I can't share them here and I don't fully understand them. Thanks for the comment on...
  12. J

Greetings, and thanks for the wonderfull teensies ! I have an issue on a product I'm developping. My project is an audio effect with 1 input and two outputs using a teensy 4.0 and the sgtl5000. The user has controls on the effects via several push buttons and 5 potentiometers which are hooked...
Back