Search results

1. G

How can we program for changing wav file playback speed with Teensy4.0 + Audio Adaptor Boards?

Thats a nice looking enclosure. I don't think there is an audio design tool to do speed or reverse playback. I think you could read the wav file and manipulate the data however you need to to and use the queue tool from the audio design system to send your speeded up or slowed down or reversed...
  2. G

Teensy 4.1 program compiles fine, but upload attempts fail

Is it possible in ANY way for successfully compiled code to cause a failed upload like you are saying? I don't think so. Is it possible running code could cause an electronic issue say pulling a supply low and cause uploads to fail? I think so. I don't know the answers to these but hoping...
  3. G

How can I avoid having to press the reset button

Occasionally when i go to upload a program it doesn't work. This happens in windows and linux and I have my theories as to why but... regardless I press the button and without having todo anything else the code is uploaded. That same functionality is what I want when this issue happens to my...
  4. G

Ok. So I think I will put a pushbutton from this “program” line to ground through a 1k resistor sound good? Then if things go wrong I can walk over and give it a push.
  5. G

Correction, a power cycle did fix it just now.. I think i have a diode/cap setup that needed a longer discharge.
  6. G

Thanks Bri. I overlooked this. (didn't look at all :( ). so does the active-low reset pin do the same as the program pushbutton? I know power cycling doesn't allow me to re-program.
  7. G

I have a teensy 3.6 in an LED cube that is a bit of a hassle to get at. I have a raspberry pi zero connected locally that I use to upload new code to the cube. Sometimes I get the following error when uploading using teensy_loader_cli version 2.1: "Error opening USB device: No error". My usual...
  8. G

Power problems with T4

It could be the battery voltage going too low under load, it could be the current limit on your buck converter. Invest in a variable current limited power supply and do some more testing is my advice. Gaivn.
  9. G

Advice on program construction - DMX

It’s probably been 10 years but I should ask for my money back
  10. G

For example I just copied your post #27 into chatgpt. No changes. The answer it fired back is correct and pretty clear.. if it wasn't you could ask "hey i don't get that bit explain in more detail" and it would. Just be aware it can lie sometimes but programming stuff I don't think it really...
  11. G

I find chat gpt quite good for this sort of stuff. When it does give me something that doesn't work right i just tell it and it fixes the issue. If you haven't used it for this sort of stuff it is quite amazing.
  12. G

I have a feeling allot of the blanks in my knowledge could be filled in efficiently with a few face to face conversations but forums don’t really do it.
  13. G

But when your program is big I think it makes sense to seperate headers and definitions because it makes it easier for me to look at what function prototype is without searching through heaps of code for it.
  14. G

You know the ide may not care what the file extension is. Although I think if you include a “somename.h” and fill it full of function and class headers (is that the right word) and then. Use one of those functions or classes I’m thinking the compiler automatically looks for a “somename.cpp”...
  15. G

See how briComp did it. #include <AccessPublicVariables.h> Because he made a file with that file name. As far as I understand it just cooies that file and puts everything in where you place the #include line.
  16. G

am I right in saying you started with one 4000 line “.ino” file and want to make your code more readable. You could just separate the file however it makes sense and put them in seperate files and just “#include” those.
  17. G

Hi Steve. Several things about your post have me interested and would love to see those 4000 or so lines of code. Interesting bits: For eight years I've updating hardware and software on some christmas lights (about 3000 ws2811 leds) which has roughy 8000 lines of code and incoherent comments...
  18. G

Flightsim control

If you can do it on a keyboard or joystick I’m going to guess yes.
  19. G

Voltage level of gpio input

Do these work by driving each row gpio output low sequentially and checking all the column inputs to see if any of them are pulled low?. If so what voltage are the column inputs pulled up to? What value of pull up resister are you putting on them? I ask because I think when i was reading the...
  20. G

VL53L4CX Sensors

Hi jack. I would suggest reposting your question with the smallest complete code that can be compiled and give the fault you describe. I would also suggest providing a link to the library that you are using. Sincerely Gavin.
  21. G

Controlling large LED grid

Hello Luis. I’m currently using 11 outputs on a board I made for 14 outputs.. I’m not sure if I chose that number because of a hardware limit but I’m pretty sure 14 will work. I only use 300 leds per strip however for what it’s worth I just compiled for 2160 leds per output and had no errors...
  22. G

Teensy 4.1 is slower than Arduino every with neopixel !?! Please help

Hi Jopeto2000. I run 11 parrallel channels of 300 leds using a teensy 4.1 and the fastled library so get started with your project in confidence :). My current setup I think I can do 14 channels because I'm using a few other pins for other stuff. The solution for fastled on all pins on teensy...
  23. G

Using a 10k Potentiometer as Steering Wheel with teensy 3.1

I assumed a steering wheel and a joystick were the same thing as far as the computer is concerned.
  24. G

I pulled a teensy LC out, wired a pot to 3.3V as lc ain't 5v tolerant, and loaded the exact sketch from the example i linked and it worked. The longest time was 4 minutes to get joystick to work in project cars. I didn't have long and can't explain further at the moment but the teensy and...
  25. G

Submersible well pump controller project feasibility

Edit: I just realised WA doesn't stand for Western Australia. Your're probably free to shoot a hole in your tank and wire up whatever you like. I'm all for doing projects for the sake of it but for things I actually want to work reliably I would only make it as complicated as it needs to be...
  26. G

I imagine this would get you started: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_joystick.html
  27. G

Teensy 3.2 most suitable subsitute

Teensy 4.0 would likely work pin compatible for software, but the schematic shows it sending some 5v signals into it so not a straight swap (teensy 4.0 only takes 3.3v on it's i/o. I imagine you could make up a little board with level shifters to get what you want done. I just had a look...
  28. G

Booster for Fastled

Even level shifted I belive you have issues with a signal like this as the distance increases. Something about balanced / unbalanced signals i dunno. The common thing todo is convert the signal to rs485 levels. The aliexpress devices I use cost a few dollars and will give you the level...
  29. G

Teensy 4.0 OctoWS2811 example working with 120 leds/strip but not 300.

I believe the logic/comments in the Teensy4_pinlist example mislead me. I was looking for an update on my led every 2 seconds: Which is fine at 4 strips of 120 leds because thats a delay of 4166us between all 480 pixels (2000000/480) and it takes 3600us to pump the data (24bits x120) out to...
  30. G

At work but it looks like I’ve setup octows2811 buffers larger than needed. I’ll try a straight teensy 4 pin list example now I’ve discovered it exists and wire some lights up to all my outputs and see what’s going on between 120 and 300 pixels. Need more hours in a day.
  31. G

Hello. I've been forced to upgrade my christmas lights controller from a 3.2 because I need more than 8 channels. I'm testing the 4.0 with octows2811 example with the only modification being adding a pin list for 14 channels and changing the memory buffers. I have a few leds connected to pin 23...
  32. G

newb question: can I use audio shield and OctoWS2811 w/ Teensy 4.1 on same project?

You could and should look at schematic of audio sheild and octows2811 to see but I think there is not. I found issues with interrupts needing to be disabled for led updates which caused audio glitches when i was playing from an sd card.
  33. G

Power both Teensy 3.2 and Octo board

Thanks. So ground was connected only through supply mains earth before. Someone smarter than me could post a circuit diagram of what could have happened in this scenario but I’m happy to hear the result.
  34. G

I bricked not one but two teensy 4.1s by uploading Blink to them

If you run linux I find teensy_loader (https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/teensy_loader_cli) on a raspberry pi works well. download, unzip, copy to linux machine,type "make", copy binary to suitable location (sudo cp teensy_loader_cli /usr/local/bin) then run command sudo teensy_loader_cli --mcu...
  35. G

Code Writer (Consultant) ... Help Needed

Arduino servo library could get your started: /* Controlling a servo position using a potentiometer (variable resistor) by Michal Rinott <http://people.interaction-ivrea.it/m.rinott> modified on 8 Nov 2013 by Scott Fitzgerald http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Knob */ #include <Servo.h>...
  36. G

If your lights work then they are connected. Maybe in a way you don’t see but that’s the way it is. Are your teensy’s blowing up in this configuration your describing now or the one you took a photo off. ?
  37. G

Protection from reverse voltage? Yeah. Maybe it’s a voltage spike. If it were my project, and I had blown up 5 teensy’s, I would run a seperate 5 v supply (only connecting gnd between the supplies. I would use a usb phone charger or something and cut up a USB cable as it would be available. Then...
  38. G

Looks ok to me. I suppose your power supply could be really bad like your already thinking. I don’t think I’ve managed to blow a teensy up so something is off.
  39. G

So your led strips go into a terminal strip. From there they head off in two Ethernet cables to your teensy. Take a picture of where the red and white wire goes.
  40. G

Send some pics of your setup and maybe someone will spot something.
  41. G

Oled display only functions when connected to arduino ide

I don't see the attached file. Is it my browser or your mistake?
  42. G

Cutting vin-vusb connection stops your board being powered up through the usb plug. Vin still works as normal. That is you put 3.6-6v on it and your teensy gets supplies with 3.3vdc through its onboard regulator. I do t know the electronics, but you’ve found that putting 5v on A14 pulls the...
  43. G

I'm pretty sure powering the octoboard at 5v & gnd connection should power the teensy 3.2 through vin. If it doesn't you've blown up the teensy 3.3v regulator. Are you saying you are putting 5V on pin A14 and the teensy is working? I'll wait to see someone explain how that is working but I...
  44. G

Octows2811--looping an led strip back on itself to create "more" strips on one pin?

Hello Smitj11. I would like to confirm that what you want as shown in your WANT picture is what you want. I'm thinking you don't want to logically code some strip of leds from 0 to 32 and have the same sequence displayed on two strips? (or have groups of 4 32 strips all the same) Maybe you...
  45. G

Motorcycle tacho using teensy electronics guidance.

Works well. triggers on at 6.8Vdc and off at 5.4Vdc on 15vAC generator coils. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUtgJjUKdVQ
  46. G

Thanks for the tip. That will work out good if that’s the case. I’ll start it up tomorrow and check how it works and double check my specs and resistor values. They may need slight change as lowest voltage I allowed for was kickstart with ignition off. Might pull lower with headlights etc on.
  47. G

Hello all. I got myself a dirt bike and would like to put a tacho on it to display rpm and log it along with engine temp, maybe some other stuff who knows. What is a good way to do this? The comercial ones seem to use the primary or secondary of the ignition coil for this. Either resistive...
  48. G

I need electronics help. #hx711 #teensy3.2 #logic levels #noise #scopePics

I’ve made an assumption it’s the hx711 because the modified breakout with the internal regulator disabled gave readings that vary less than another 2 that haven’t been altered. I don’t know about bridges. I made up a dummy load for my setup based on what I imagine is called a full bridge (4...
  49. G

I need electronics help. #hx711 #teensy3.2 #logic levels #noise #scopePics

yep. level converion fixed this issue. However when I increase supply voltage to the hx711 I get increased noise as seen by the min/max serial print. You can see where it goes from +-.1 to +-.6. I modified the breakout board to use my 5v for AVDD and disable the internal regulator. I also ran...
Back