Search results

1. U

[queued] SHAPESHIFTER Open Source Drum Machine

Ciao Paul, both shapeshifter and microcosmos is on hold (not abandoned), we have other projects to carry on at the moment and we lack of developers at the moment.
  2. U

Plugdata and teensy

Have you explored Plugdata (https://plugdata.org/)? It offers seamless integration with the Daisy ecosystem, allowing you to directly compile and flash your PureData patches onto Daisy devices. This opens exciting possibilities, and if Teensy compatibility is added in the future, it could be a...
  3. U

[posted] Eurorack Drum Module VEGA by Faselunare (Italy)

Hello! I noticed that the post has been published on the blog, so I'd like to share the latest updates: We have completely rewritten the firmware, introducing significant improvements in the DSP, developed in collaboration with Stefano D'Angelo (Orastron) using the BrickWorks DSP language. We...
  4. U

DaisySP audio processing library port to Teensy Audio

@rheslip Have there been any developments with this implementation?
  5. U

FAUST to Audio System Design Tool Object?!

we have this project in the pot, in the video version we used the faust only that there were some memory management issues. The project is waiting to be resumed, hopefully soon!
  6. U

[posted] Eurorack Drum Module VEGA by Faselunare (Italy)

I am very happy to announce that our eurorack VEGA module (one of our two projects using teensy 4.1), is ready for pre-order. Due to the shortage of electronic components, we can produce a few pieces at a time, this first batch is 15 pieces at a special price. Learn more here...
  7. U

External DSP only for fx

yes, we planned to add both the ram and the flash
  8. U

External DSP only for fx

ok, the project is a board designed for those who want to play but also for those who want to develop their own instrument or teaching code/dsp. There will be 5 encoders, some rgb leds (17), 5 buttons with leds, a oled display, midi in / out audio in / out usbhost, sd card and headphone output...
  9. U

External DSP only for fx

in my project the audio part can be done with FAUST, the idea is to make even complex algorithms so my fear is that the effects may be affected. We use T4.1
  10. U

External DSP only for fx

Expecting to use very complex algorithms that can consume all available memory, does it make sense to use an external dsp only for High quality FX with custom algorithms? If so, which one? and why? How should it fit into a normal teensy project?
  11. U

WebUSB DFU to program teensy 4.x

Thanks for the reply Paul, I hope then in a future update
  12. U

thanks paul is it a software question (which can be implemented over time) or is it a hardware question? Is there a similar USB HID method for programming via browser?
  13. U

Hi, I searched the forum but I didn't find anyone interested, do you know if it is possible to implement webUSB DFU on teensy so that it is programmable from Chrome? This is the reference https://devanlai.github.io/webdfu/dfu-util/ In a commercial or semi-DIY project, can be useful for people...
  14. U

Help with List of Teensy Eurorack modules

VEGA by Faselunare (www.faselunare.com) 4 voices 6HP digital drum module samples+synth+fx Final design will be different from the video and uses teensy 4.1 Available after summer 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTy1SDbm98
  15. U

Synth Panels Designer, FREE UI design software for synths, audio and more

Soundmit and Faselunare have just created the definitive software for drawing the UI of your musical instruments and it's free! We finally announce the release of the first software produced by Soundmit in collaboration with Faselunare. Synth Panels Designer is an extension for Inkscape 1.0...
  16. U

Making WebUSB Work with the Teensy - What is PluggableUSB?

Hi, i don't know if this fit in this post but is it possible to run firmware update trough a web browser in particular I refer to DFU.js that I have seen implemented here https://electro-smith.github.io/Programmer/ for the daisy card thanks
  17. U

Wrong Kick sound with Teensy 3.6 internal DAC

Thanks for the infos wcalvert there is a thread on this 4.1? I'm just curious if it will be retro-compatible with the 3.6 pinout (i hope yes) Thanks
  18. U

Hi, is there any development on this library for brightness control?
  19. U

Read raw audio file and get sample value

Ho Paul, i'm working on this project in the spare time. the code is this uint32_t GET_samples_in_file(uint8_t f) { return Wave.file_samples(name_file[f]); } void plotWave(uint8_t n){ int16_t numSamples = GET_samples_in_file(n); File dataFile = SD.open("amen.raw"); int16_t...
  20. U

Read raw audio file and get sample value

Hi, im back with an audio project. I need to read one .raw audio file and get the samples value. My code now File dataFile = SD.open("amen.raw"); int16_t numSamples = (dataFile.size() - (dataFile.size()%256)) >> 1; // return samples_available; int16_t buf[numSamples] = {0}; // buffer...
  21. U

Hi Paul! It'works! We have to cover the led, are too bright (my partner and I canceled our short-term memory by watching them :-) ) Is not perfect but starts to look like a drum here is a short video made today, the drum sends a trig signal to the keystep that controls the neutron...
  22. U

Sorry Paul, also in the second computer we have the scheduler library and the same configuration so we didn't notice the lack of the library The sketch needs - The scheduler library (attached) From the library manager - ArduinoJson.h...
  23. U

Thanks Paul, here is the file the actual code is in the Shapeshifter2 folder
  24. U

Thank you Paul, sorry if I'm boring you but we still have a problem In file included from /var/folders/_2/6t2b67t970qbzld8fhtybsqh0000gp/T/arduino_build_989962/sketch/structures.h:14:0, from /Users/Urbanspaceman/Documents/Arduino/shapeshifter/shapeshifter-wip...
  25. U

Thank you Paul, i'm trying to change the library but i get some error in file https://gitlab.com/agdl1/shapeshifter/blob/wip/Firmware/shapeShifterV2/src/LEDs/SSLEDs.h#L18 //#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h> #include <WS2812Serial.h> in the same file from this Adafruit_NeoPixel LEDs =...
  26. U

Disabling the 128leds matrix improve the sound so, is a problem of resource? Teensy 3.6 is not enough?
  27. U

Some update and test 1st test, i have used this sketch to trigger a kick sound in memory : no problem #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> #include <Bounce.h> // WAV files converted to code by wav2sketch #include "AudioSampleSnare.h"...
  28. U

yes, i can try tonight I keep you updated
  29. U

Update: We have a 64Mbit Ram on board, the actual firmware does not use it but the initial idea was to load some kit of samples from the SD to the RAM how elektron does
  30. U

We also try to change the playSdWav with a synth kick but the result is the same. Original Samples Short video with only kick sample
  31. U

Drum machine Project need help! Hi, after some research, me and my partner are in a blind alley! We are working on the version 2 of our beloved drum machine Shapeshifter (www.faselunare.com) the project has grown significantly and has become quite complex. These are the current hardware...
  32. U

Teensy3 String Machine

Hi, there is a video/audio sample of this string machine?
  33. U

Hi, i'm using teensy 3.6 internal DAC to play Wave mono files 44.1 16bit from the SD (not the teensy internal SD) Some snare, HH samples are ok but Kick sounds are always creepy Is a problem of the dac resolution?
  34. U

Audio IN without audio board

Ciao Blackaddr I think one of the onboard ADCs is more than enough. I have to check if we can use one of those pins or change the circuit a bit to use them Thanks
  35. U

Audio IN without audio board

Is it possible to add one audio input without the audioboard? the problem is that in our project we are running out of pins and audioboard require many pins with i2s connection. Is it possible to add a ADC? Is difficult to use with the audio library? EDIT we use teensy 3.6 Thanks
  36. U

Loading .hex file into Teensy 3.6

Is it possible to customize the graphics of the loader?
  37. U

Audio Expander for Teensy

Ciao, someone has ported this code for playSDWav?
  38. U

[posted] Polaron DIY drum machine

Ah, ok I need to check my code because the shift registers that drive the led do not keep the LED lid but only make a very brief (almost invisible) pulse.
  39. U

@a_guy_called_tom in your github i see that you use the delay function for the step's leds.. but this introduce a latency? is not better with millis()? I ask you because i have the same problem, i have 2 shift register for the steps led but the leds are lid only for a fraction on seconds...
  40. U

how to use i2c_t3 and u8g2

I modified the u8g2 library to work with wire2, seems to work
  41. U

AudioPlugs, library for switching audio streams

Can i switch for example the filter type? Can you provide a code example please? Thanks Switch will be useful in the audio library
  42. U

Is better to fork the display library (u8g2) and use the regular i2c_t3 or viceversa?
  43. U

Is not possible with setSCL( ) and setSDA() right? wire.setSCL(pin) is not equal to wire2.setSCL...
  44. U

i have a ssd1306 display on the wire2 bus (3/4 on teensy 3.6), it require i2c_t3 if i use the example advanced_Scanner for i2c_t3, i see that the address of the display is 03XC from what I understand, however, to make the display work with the library u8g2, i need the library wire.h that can...
  45. U

sorry I did not understand...
  46. U

Hi, i'm in trouble with a project i need to use the wire2 (for the pin 3 and 4 and it works with the scanner) to communicate with my display, but the u8g2 library need wire or something else ... I'm sure it's a simple thing but I can not find a solution Can someone point me to the right...
  47. U

Very beautiful and inspiring design!
  48. U

[superceded] SHAPESHIFTER Open Source Drum Machine

Hello everyone, I'm Francesco from Faselunare, we are a small group of makers from Italy, our first project is an Open Source Drum Machine named "Shapeshifter" Our goal is to create a community around Shapeshifter where anyone can develop new hardware and software features. We have set up a...
  49. U

Pcb versioning

very useful @brtaylor, thank you
Back