Search results

1. K

Intercepting teensy 4 firmware update?

Hello, is there a way of getting a "heads up" flag or similar when a teensy 4 firmware update is going to happen? I have some DC motors connected to my Teensy 4 and whenever i engage in a firmware update they go full blast while the update is happening. I'm using PWM and some control pins to...
  2. K

Using tycommander, not returning from upload

It seems that if i start pycommander manually before trying to upload it all works swimmingly, the locations of the hex files are indeed being kept the same and yes, the serial monitor is so much better... Thanks!
  3. K

I haven't tried it, i guess i should once i get back home Actually, you're right this should work. I was under the impression that the temp build location changes with every build but it seems it's not. I was looking to see if i could specify the build location myself but i couldn't find...
  4. K

Hello, due to the trouble with the Arduino IDE and uploading to several teensys connected i'm trying to switch to tycommander, the trouble i'm having right now is that the Arduino IDE won't stop saying "uploading" unless i close the tycommander window which then means i loose track of what code...
  5. K

Killed a Teensy 4.0 through trying to use PlatformIO and debugging through GDB?

Well i guess i talked too quickly. It seems now that if i instead *remove* all the TeensyDebug stuff and just try to run a clean program i get the same behavior as i did before updating startup.c. My platformio.ini [env:teensy40] platform = teensy board = teensy40 framework = arduino lib_deps...
  6. K

cannot get FreqMeasure Library to work on Teensy 4.0

Here ya go. You can tell im having big issues getting the signals to have the same frequency because the wavetek is so out of calibration and has a stupid 80s membrane key interface that barely works lol
  7. K

No it does not, it works like a charm now!
  8. K

Well would you look at that, just like Paul said. It totally works now! I thought for some reason this commit was already in the teensyduino that was here https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html but i was obviously wrong. Looking forward to doing some actual debugging of my code now! Thank...
  9. K

So okay i did another test and here's a view of my scope. The cyan waveform is the output from pin 12 of the teensy and the magenta one is the output from my (a little wonky) wavetek with a -4V offset so both waveforms can be viewed Connecting pin 22 to pin 12 i get a steady "1672.02" output...
  10. K

Alright so i did some investigation and im running this small program #include <Arduino.h> #include <TeensyDebug.h> #include <Adafruit_ADS1X15.h> #pragma GCC optimize ("O0") Adafruit_ADS1115 ads; void setup(){ while (!SerialUSB1) {} // Wait for Debugger connect...
  11. K

So i downloaded & installed everything yesterday, including teensyduino however i found that the process was quite cumbersome and confusing so i might have done something wrong? So i think i was confused because i'm using Arduino 2.0 (as an appimage) to program the teensy and for that all i...
  12. K

So here's the tricky part; it fails *directly* after uploading and it does it very repeatedly. It seems that if programming the Teensy using the ADS1x15 library in combination with GDBStub just kills the entire USB communication. It's happening right where it tries to initiate I2C comms with the AD
  13. K

ohhh well arent i the idiot, i didnt even think about it *not* programming the thing over USB so i didnt look for any other USB devices.. oh boi sorry for the noise - and thank you!
  14. K

So i was tired of the clunky Arduino IDE and decided to try and get a proper debugging scenario working with GDB https://github.com/ftrias/TeensyDebug and PlatformIO under Visual Studio Code. After much struggling i finally got it working with a test program and lo and behold a real debugger...
  15. K

Yeah i was surprised by this, im not sure what the reason it woudn't work is tho? Oooohhh okay that makes sense, cool. Well i still never got the input measurements to work but ill have to get back to that in a minute because i somehow just killed one of my teensys i think in a mysterious way...
  16. K

It's weird but i wouldn't be too worried. I read the same on both of the *brand new* Teensys i have - and, they work excellently in all regards except i cannot measure frequency with either of them.
  17. K

Well i tested it again and tho you are correct that it says pin 23 can't be used it clearly works for me which is odd. I also tested putting the signal on pin 18 which yielded the exact same results. To further add to the confusion, both the PWM on pin 23 and pin 18 are around 4V. Idk why this...
  18. K

Where do you get this from? It says in the list to use pin 22 as input pin for Teensy 4.0 when using FreqMeasure. Btw i added a comparator to my signal and overdrove it to a completely clipped square @ 0 - 3.8Vpp in order to be similar to when pin 23 is driving pin 22 directly but no dice. I...
  19. K

i didn't since its a super clean output from a high quality signal generator. So this did work but to my surprise the output of pin 23 is 4.4Vpp despite the Teensy being 3.3V so i did a test and put an attenuator in between pin 23 and 22 and already at ~3.2V and lower i started getting freaky...
  20. K

Hello. I'm trying to run the example program given on the FreqMeasure Librarys page #include <FreqMeasure.h> void setup() { Serial.begin(57600); FreqMeasure.begin(); } double sum=0; int count=0; void loop() { if (FreqMeasure.available()) { // average several reading together...
Back