Search results

1. D

Using SparkFun's RFM69HCW and Bi-Directional Logic Level Converter with Teensy 3.2

I personally like the Moteino USB - easy to power with USB battery - always able to reprogram without finding other boards
  2. D

Using SparkFun's RFM69HCW and Bi-Directional Logic Level Converter with Teensy 3.2

Like iwanders, I'm drawn to looking at the IRQ line. Obviously all the other lines are OK, or else you wouldn't be seeing reasonable register values. (Need clk, data out (register address) data in (register data) and cs (chip listening)) Is it possible you have the IRQ connected to the wrong...
  3. D

The RH_RF69 function rf69( ) takes two parameters, the CS pin and the IRQ pin. When you init with 15 and 16, you're telling the code CS is pin 15, IRQ is pin 16.
  4. D

RadioHead with SPI transactions - success with RFM69HCW and ILI9341 based TFT

This is to report that an RFM69HCW module using RadioHead and an ILI9341-based TFT using Paul's ILI9341_t3 library are working very nicely together. The existing version of RadioHead in the Teensyduino release has the transactions applied already, but I am working on the latest version of...
  5. D

In the init function, before the setModeIdle() (approximately line 150) just call: printRegisters(); At startup you'll get a column of numbers. I get: 0 0 1 4 2 0 3 1A 4 B ...
  6. D

Another thing that someone helpful suggested was to dump the registers. If you can get good register values, for example an 0x24 from Register 0x10, you can be confident that your main SPI connection is good - CLK, MOSI, MISO, CS. You can't get register values if any of these is unhappy. I...
  7. D

One further observation: when it's working, the LED on D13 blinks. When it doesn't, it's solid on. (Because it's hung busy waiting for the MODEREADY flag to be asserted, which it isn't because the unit is in RESET!)
  8. D

Code that seems to work - T3.2 & Adafruit RFM69HW Hi BugEye, I have been working on a similar setup and thanks to TinMan, got it working yesterday. I started by getting two Moteinos talking to each other (using the RadioHead library), then seeing if I could get the Teensy-based version to...
  9. D

Adafruit RFM69HCW Breakout Not Functioning with Teensy 3.2 and RFM69 Libraries

Whoah... It's hot here today and I'm obviously a little soft in the head! I switched the states per your suggestion and it seems to be working! Looks like their code sample is right but their description is wrong. I must have thought I miscopied it. I have sent a note to Adafruit pointing...
  10. D

Thanks for looking, TinMan. I patterned the code after the model on the Adafruit page // Hard Reset the RFM module pinMode(RFM69_RST, OUTPUT); digitalWrite(RFM69_RST, HIGH); delay(100); digitalWrite(RFM69_RST, LOW); delay(100); RFM69 Test Page Pinouts Page I will check these...
  11. D

Hi Frank! Good thoughts. Will try your suggestions. And yes - for now it's the only SPI device.
  12. D

Hi, I'm struggling to get my RFM69HCW breakout board working. I've been trying LowPowerLab (per Adafruit examples), RadioHead and PlainRFM69 and they all have exactly the same symptom, they all hang during initialization, and indeed at any setMode() function. I suspect this is a RFM69HCW...
  13. D

Hardware Quadrature Code for Teensy 3.x

Simplified QuadDecode Many thanks to TLB (OP) for this very helpful library. My application is only a single revolution, so the 64K position counter restriction is no problem. In addition I will always need both decoders. These two relaxations of the requirements mean that the original code...
  14. D

Using std::vector ?

I just did a quick (informal) check about code size. As you would hope, adding <code>-lstdc++</code> to the teensy31.build.flags.libs property adds zero bytes to the compiled program size of programs not using any C++ features. Damn some of it is big, though, when you do decide to use it...
  15. D

Using std::vector ?

I've been using STL a little in a Teensy 3.1 Library project. Initially I was only using std::vector, but then I decided I wanted more. In order to use std::vector, I found that I had to include the header #include<vector> and also define a couple of loose ends namespace std { void...
  16. D

ADC library, with support for Teensy 4, 3.x, and LC

Thanks for this awesome library, Pedvide. It is a huge help. One thing I noticed is that when a user selects a PGA gain of 1, you have it disable the PGA. Numerically this does seem right - why use a programmable gain amplifier set to gain of 1? There is one reason why I still would want...
  17. D

Teensy Network

I ended up leaving the #ifdefs in, mainly because I finished the pull request before I saw your post, but also because if I did screw something up in the code where you clearly say // changes not recommended below this point.... I don't want to make anyone mad!
  18. D

Teensy Network

Excellent background info, Steve. Thanks. It should be pointed out that while smart cards, etc. might be the motivation for chip makers adding a single wire mode, there is no obligation to use these somewhat complex protocols if they're not required. Some form of packetization is required...
  19. D

Teensy Network

Will Do. OK. Understood. Three further follow-up questions and my default answers: Q1: Currently, 9bit mode is hidden behind #define SERIAL_9BIT_SUPPORT. Should SINGLEWIRE be so hidden, say #define SERIAL_SINGLEWIRE_SUPPORT? A1: I'm leaning toward "Yes" Q2: Format is actually a 32b...
  20. D

Teensy Network

Hi people, I'm working on a small network library for some projects I have on the go. The nodes will be Teensy 3.1's and mostly they'll talk via RS-485 through proper drivers. I want them to be able to send short messages to each other really often. In preparation for the real hardware...
Back