Search results

1. K

unable to install board library in Arduino 2.04 on Windows 10

I cannot seem to get this link https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_index.json to work in Arduino 2.04 on Windows 10 Nothing seems to happen checked in serial monitor and no activity am I missing some aspect of the install ? Thanks Keith
  2. K

External A/D and D/A devices ...Master clock

Hi everyone Is it possible to define the master clock on my A/D converter as the clock reference source for my external D/A and teensy 4.0/4.1..? thanks Cheers!
  3. K

Unable to load teensy environment into arduino 2.03

I'm okay at this point ..it is not a critical system for me .Its a used hp elitedesk 800 g3 which I scooped ...So don't want to tie the guy up ..if there were a number of people experiencing the same issue then yes , I'd move forward with it ...again thanks for your input , great group here and...
  4. K

The problem is deep routed , as none of the libraries in the library pulldown would populate , libraries I downloaded off github would populate but the default library list list would remain empty ..need more sleuthing ..
  5. K

Hi Kurt , yes I drop the link in the 2.03 arduino ide and ....nothing happens..totally stumped , but will futz around with it some more . Usually all goes well and installs like butter ..
  6. K

I was building up a small mini PC for a project (windows 10) Windows installed fine no issues installed Arduino 2.03 IDE all went well ... Cane over to PJRC to get the installer for the teensy environment teensy During the teensy install , power failed in my house ..(not good lots of running...
  7. K

pCM5102 DAC and teensy 4.0 am I missing something ?

Well have 3 boards running! .. I have Burr Brown in my studio A/D and D/A hardware ...but I'll check these ..I actually received these boards back in 2021 and am finally getting around to them ...Now working in the A/D portion .going to see if I can get a passthru chain running tonight.! Cheers...
  8. K

Okay ..now I feel stupid (and should of done this before posting) ..I opened up a second board here, swapped the boards out ,ran the sine wave test and I'm good ...So the initial board has an issue .I'l point out its wired as it should be ..but what a bunch of frustration ..I appreciate your...
  9. K

I know , this should be a no brainer. I've worked on bigger projects then this so its not my first kick at the can .Sort of suprised to be honest , Great idea on tracing the line out using blink .. I have a scope as well ..(200 MHz dual trace) So I should see something happening on the scope...
  10. K

Thanks for the input , I took a pic , but have not figured out how to post it yet ...I'll try adding the Codec and see what happens .....totally stumped ..and rather suprised! Will post back with results
  11. K

I purchased this DAC ...https://www.ebay.com/itm/275054014657? it takes 6 lines Vcc +5 DGND - Digital ground AGND - Analog Ground LRCK - left right clock DATA - Stream to DAC BCK - CLOCK Connected grounds as common to teensy ground. ( See NOTE in vendors Ad about...
  12. K

MIPI DSI and Teensy

I'm curious about this too ..Would like to see a teensy 4.0 or 4.1 MIPI shield ...will post back if I can find anything ..techtoys apparently has a teensy 3.5/3.6 HDMI adapter , Thats all I've found so far
  13. K

Updated to latest Arduino IDE and Teensyduino .. TFT Display issue ???

Okay...issue resolved ...thanks everyone for replying , I un-installed/removed all of the arduino ide software, libraries teensyduino ..everything..This computer is only used for coding ,so very little on it. I re-installed it again loaded up the ili9488_t3 examples and it came up ! So I messed...
  14. K

Yes I'll load up my previous solution concurrently and see what happens .I'll post up the results
  15. K

Ive had no luck with the newer arduino/teensy combo, Going to revert to the older combination ...
  16. K

I was running Arduino1.8.13 teensyduino 1.53 I upgraded to Arduino 1.8.16 teensyduino 1.55 I have a working project over the last 2 years which has been running on the ILI9488 or the ILI9341 TFT display I reloaded the project into the Arduino IDE compiled it and all is goo ..compiles fine...
  17. K

using more then 1 audio card (rev D) with a teensy 4.0 ??

I guess this is a 2 part question ... 1. Will 2 audio Rev. "D" boards run on a teensy 4.0 ? 2. Is the configuration supported in the drag and drop audio tool ? I would only be selecting one at a time , not concurrently.. any insight would be appreciated .. Thanks Keith
  18. K

BuyDisplay ER-TFTM050A2-3(CTP) 5" capacitive touch ra8875

Well .. I have this display .. but I've not explored it enough to know .. but the current draw is dependent on Supply voltage Model Current IDD(3.3V) -- -- 450 mA IDD(5.0V) -- -- 280 mA but that's the total TFT draw ..I have no idea what the backlight is drawing ...I'm...
  19. K

buydisplay 1280 X 400 TFT ra8876 AND SSD2828 SPI connectivity

Now if I could get the GT911 capacitive touch controller working I'd be on my way .. but not finding libraries !! ..any thoughts
  20. K

UPDATE ... of my two 1280 x 400 pixel screens .. The screen I was initially working with was actually defective .. The second screen worked .. So pulled my hair out working with a bad screen for several weeks .. Got the second one up and running . Then swapped displays to test the first screen...
  21. K

ra8875/GSL1680 .teensy 4.0 ..touch panel functional but an issue

I'm going to take another shot at the gsl1680 ... and try the code you have posted ... I was able to get touch to work but only half the screen was responding.. Thankyou for posting up .. Where did you get the font libraries in your code?
  22. K

ra8875/GSL1680 .teensy 4.0 ..touch panel functional but an issue

I did manage to get the touch panel to work .. but the problem being only 800 X 200 pixels of the panel were supporting touch .. half of the screen would not respond . I could get the panel to work ..and the touch working but I could not get the touch to work over the full 800 X 480 pixel...
  23. K

I had tried spi clock from 40 MHz fown to 20 MHz then finally down to 6 MHz .. and the screen is the same ..I pulled it apart tonight , but the screen is very dim.. I'll put it back together and get a screen shot .
  24. K

WOW ... I am at a loss ...LOL .. thanks for the reply ..
  25. K

Blackketter.. are you configured for 3 wire spi or 4 wire spi .. I'm configured for 4 wire spi
  26. K

Multiple devices on SPI buss RA8875 Tri-Sate issue

Thankyou for the reply .. I'm struggling with the Ra8876 display which is 7.84" 1280 X 400 pixels and requires SPI for 2 chips on the board SSD2828 is the bridge chip from SDI to MIPI and needs to be set to allow the the passthrough for the ra8876 ... I've tried the forked version...
  27. K

Multiple devices on SPI buss RA8875 Tri-Sate issue

I know there is an issue with Tri-stating on the SPI buss with RA8875 displays .. the question I have is if you have 2 devices on the SPI buss that have their own CS lines ... Is the tri-state problem still there ? or is the SPI Buss corrupted due to conflict with the state of the RA8875 when...
  28. K

high-res MIPI display

I am still struggling getting this display to work .. I'm trying to integrate it with the teensy 4.1 .. I have tried the fork for the 7.84" display under wwatson4506 (RA8876liteTeensy) .. I can get the backlight to work, the test code sends gibberish to the screen , lines which are torn I know...
  29. K

I'm running on the t4.0 , the code appears to be running , display is trying to work , lines across the display , I'm currently using this pinout configuration with the T4.0 // Pin connection mapping ER_TFT0784_t3 tft = ER_TFT0784_t3( // Teensy pin // Display pin 10, // RA8876...
  30. K

IS there no command to define the screen pixel size? or is it strictly calculated ..?
  31. K

Okay update .. I switched from the t4.1 to the t4.0 .. I re-did the configuration jumpers a second time ... I have torn graphics on the screen ..colored lines and they appear to be changing periodically so I suspect its the teensy executing the graphics routines ... closer but not quite there...
  32. K

blackketter .... I'm at the point I had best take your wiring trace ... I was hoping I would not have to ask you this but , Something is not right .. Thanks K
  33. K

Well tried both displays .. Not pulling my hair out yet .. but no luck yet .. This should be running ...but I'm missing something and just have not figured it out yet... LOL will keep trying .. power is good , connections are good .. code compiles fine .. uploads fine, backlight is enabled...
  34. K

No happyness, Built the new supply .. voltage and current are good under load ... Ran an RA8875 off the supply with a teensy 4.1 to test .. all good .... no issues .. reconnected the ra8876 display .. confirmed wiring ... Current and voltage load are fine ) Compiled and loaded your test example...
  35. K

AudioSDR - A single Audio block SDR (software defined radio) processor/demodulator

Hi Derek, thanks for updating your SDR library ..There are members on my Facebook Group (Keiths_SDR) that are using it for their receiver builds ..Im also running the 2.8" touch panel as well as the ili9488 3.5" touch panel ..and I agree the 2.8" is just a touch undersized for touch .. Cheers K
  36. K

Thanks for your reply .. Im building up a new supply for my project and will make sure I have sufficient current ...but I did drive it off a supply that could provide 1.5amps .....but I did check the power regulation and the dropout was too high .. I was down to 4.5v and I suspect it failed to...
  37. K

I have a scope I'll check the SPI out .... I've just not been able to get to it yet .. I'll post an update...
  38. K

Okay, glad you saw that first hand ...I could not identify where the message was coming from ..Still no change , can't write anything to display on the screen ....Hopefully someone will chime in.
  39. K

well for grins and just to make sure I wasn't losing my marbles .. I pulled the Dupont connectors off the display and routed them to an RA8875 display on the bench .. loaded code and up it came ..Wanted to rule out a hardware failure in the t4.1 So I know that the SPI for the screen is correct...
  40. K

Look fine by me, but I have to admit this one is a challenge and it shouldn't be .. it's straight up wiring and pin configuration validation .. So I must be missing something but I can't figure out what ... configurations are good ...wiring is correct.. Think I'll put it aside tonight and give...
  41. K

I'm on arduino 1.8.13 and teensyduino 1.53 ....just for the notes
  42. K

Yes I ran your example ... no luck .. backlight but no display activity
  43. K

Just tested with your pin mapping (no luck) .. is your display board the rev1.0 version ?
  44. K

Okay .. validated the configuration for the second board all is good ... validated connections from display to teensy ...everything is where it should be according to your pinout list deleted my projects for the 7.84" display .. deleted the libraries as well ... re-downloaded from your link...
  45. K

Not only is it misconfigured , but c25 on the board is not properly mounted ..
  46. K

c26 on my board after looking at it is not even bridged across its 2 pads its offset by a pad ..!! I'm going to check my other board out..
  47. K

for the SPI 4 wire configuration all pins that should be shorted are fine ... but there are pins that are suppose to be "open" which are shorted. light touch with my iron and I'll test again
  48. K

Good call ... its misconfigured ...!!! I'll work through it this evening
  49. K

Good Idea .. I had not thought of that ...getting complacent.. I've got a number of other displays from them and they came without a hitch ... I have a second 7.84" I could try to rule out a bad display as well
Back