Search results

1. U

Teensyduino, former version

Thank you! I needed it for Linux but it works similar: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_157/TeensyduinoInstall.linux64
  2. U

Teensyduino, former version

Hi! I want to install Teensyduino version 1.57 but on the webpage I can only download version 1.58. Where can I find former versions?
  3. U

Audio shield: EMC troubles

The only way out I found was to switch the SGTL5000 off and on. Therefore I cut the VDDD & VDDA traces on the audio shield and put a transistor between which I can switch off/on by GPIO.
  4. U

Audio shield: EMC troubles

Hello! I'm working with an Audio shield (Rev. D) and a Teensy 4.1. When I connect the shielding of my oscilloscope to the ground pin of the line input of the Audio shield it happens relatively often(10%) that the SGTL5000 delivers not a signal anymore. There is still a data stream but the...
  5. U

Idle thread slows down system

Seemed to be the case. If I use "threads.delay(100)" instead of "delay(100)" it is working as expected.
  6. U

Maybe the function "delay()" does not really sleeps but burns 100% processing power? That would explain why the execution time doubles when "doNothing()" is running.
  7. U

Hi everyone, I have a Teensy 4.1 on which I want to use TeensyThreads. I found out that if a thread is active, even when it is doing nothing it slows down the rest of the system dramatically. void doNothing(){ while (1) { delay(100); } } void doSomeCalc(){ elapsedMillis msec = 0...
  8. U

SGTL5000 32-PIN QFN exchangeable by 20-PIN QFN?

Pin 7, AGND is not connected on the audio shield. So this shouldn't be a problem. Pin 18, CPFILT is also not connected. Pin 31, CTRL_ADR0_CS is tied to GND which results in a I²C device address of 0001010(R/W) (R/W is the read/write bit from the I²C protocol) The 20 QFN has exactly the same...
  9. U

SGTL5000 32-PIN QFN exchangeable by 20-PIN QFN?

Hello, the SGTL5000 32-PIN QFN chip (SGTL5000XNAA3) is not available anymore. (EOL) All distributors stocks are empty. That is the chip used on the audio shield. And that is also the chip I use for my custom board. My idea is to replace it by the 20 pin version (SGTL5000XNLA3). That should save...
  10. U

SD.flush() does not return

And I can't find this file in my 1.55 installation! I really don't know where it came from in my 1.53 installation??? But that was the file where the SD file functions ended in.(the file path was "../hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/" The problem with the file function SD.open(...)is...
  11. U

I was able to get the code to run also under 1.55. I had to remove the SD operations from "startRecording()": if (SD.exists("RECORD.RAW")) { // The SD library writes new data to the end of the // file, so to start a new recording, the old file // must be deleted before new data is...
  12. U

I supposed that version 1.55 needs more thread stack so I set the stack size to 30k. threads.addThread(doRec, 30000); but that also does not help. Further investigating makes me believe that "queue1.available()" freezes (does not return) when the first audio data becomes available. Could...
  13. U

Overlapped. I found it by myself. Thank you!
  14. U

I looked into the version number of the Teensy loader and it displays 1.53. That is the right number, isn't it? I decided to update to 1.55 then. Now I have another problem: My thread version does not work at all anymore. The second time it wants to execute "queue1.available()" in procedure...
  15. U

Where is this version number?
  16. U

No, I can't. If I run the code from "loop" the error does not occur. I'm using version 1.8.13 (I took this from the install path ".../arduino-1.8.13/...". Is this the version you asked for?
  17. U

Maybe someone wants to reproduce it? #include <Audio.h> #include <SD.h> #include <TeensyThreads.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioInputI2S i2s2; //xy=105,63 AudioAnalyzePeak peak1; //xy=278,108 AudioRecordQueue queue1...
  18. U

Hello! I have written a program that takes audio samples from the Audio shield and writes them onto the build-in SD card on a Teensy 4.1. Everything runs perfect if the executing instance is "loop()". If I let the recording&writing function to be executed by a thread ("TeensyThreads.h") I run...
  19. U

Teensy 4.1 + Flash Memory: start address?

Thanks to both of you! Very valuable information. I will use the SerialFlash lib now :)
  20. U

Teensy 4.1 + Flash Memory: start address?

Hello! I have a Teensy 4.1 with a 128MBit flash mem soldered to its back. No PSRAM, Flash only. I want to use this flash as "normal" RAM to read/write chunks of data. Don't want a file system being involved. I suppose that the flash memory starts at 0x07000000 (up to 0x07FFFFFF). Is that correct?
  21. U

Teensy 4.1 SPI below 1Mhz possible?

Is there a way to go below 200kHz? (I want to operate at 125k). I tried to set CCM_CBCMR_LPSPI_PODF(8) to get a larger divider but that results in a clock speed of 1.5Mhz. If CCM_CBCMR_LPSPI_PODF(7) the highest divider possible? Cheers
  22. U

rmRfStar(): How can I use it?

I want to write a function that removes all directories(including subdirectories and files) from my SD card. And there is a build-in function for this called "rmRfStar()". But I'm too silly to use it. Maybe one can help me out.... That is my code so far: File root = SD.open("/"); while...
  23. U

Teensy4.0: Connecting Pin24-Pin33

That is indeed a problem. I wrote my own component that uses the PSRAM from Teensy4.1 instead of the audio shield. It's based on "play_serialflash_raw" and needed only some small modifications. If you are interested I can post it here.
  24. U

Is it possible that "AudioPlaySerialflashRaw" is not working anymore if I move the PSRAM away from the audio shield?
  25. U

Thank you Paul for these valuable informations! I think I will go for the "adding SRAM+SD to Teensy 4.1" solution. So move them from the audio board to 4.1. If I got you correctly that will also free up the first SPI port, right? In that case I don't even need pin26&27 (for the second SPI) which...
  26. U

Thank you for your answer! Switching to 4.1 could be a good idea but I have to check a compatibility questions first: Is it possible to use a SRAM on the audio shield in combination with a SD-Card on the 4.1? At the moment I have them both on the audio shield. If I use the 4.1 I could remove...
  27. U

Hello, I want to use pin26&27 on a Teensy4.0. They are on the backside of the board and only available as a solder pad. Is there a standard component which I can solder to these pins which "interfaces" to a pin header? Or do I have to solder cables to it? What is the best solution? Any...
  28. U

SD Socket / Footprint

The right connection is: Teensy4.0 <----> SD Socket 10-(CS) <---> 2(CS) 11-(MOSI) <---> 3(CMD, Data In) 12-(MISO) <---> 7(DAT0, Data Out) 13-(SCK) <---> 5(CLK) Thank you Paul, thank you Frank!
  29. U

SD Socket / Footprint

The second link helps a lot, thank you! My diagram looks like: Teensy <----> SD Socket 10-(CS) <---> 2(CS) 11-(MOSI) <---> 7(DAT0, Data Out) 12-(MISO) <---> 3(CMD, Data In) 13-(SCK) <---> 5(CLK) I'm not really sure about MOSI&MISO. Are they connected MOSI to Data Out(like above) or are...
  30. U

SD Socket / Footprint

I don't want to be insolent.... Can you tell me how to connect Pin 10..13 from Teensy to the SD-Card (DAT2, DAT3/CD, CMD, CLK, DAT0, DAT1)?
  31. U

SD Socket / Footprint

I want to integrate the Audio Shield into a custom board. Does anybody know what SD socket is used? Maybe with a footprint for Target or KiCad? Or at best: Is there a PCB layout (Target or KiCad) available for the Audio Shield?
  32. U

W25Q128JVSIM not working on Teensy 4.1 but on Audio Shield?

Thank you very much! It is working now!
  33. U

W25Q128JVSIM not working on Teensy 4.1 but on Audio Shield?

Hello! I soldered a W25Q128JVSIM flash memory onto the Audio shield and it works fine. I soldered another one to a Teensy 4.1 and I get "Unable to access SPI Flash chip" from "ReadBenchmark" example. I tried it with two different Teensys with different flash memory chips. Always the same error...
  34. U

micGain also changes LineLevel?

Hello! I want to disable the mic input and therefore called the SGTL5000 micGain with parameter 0. When doing this I noticed that my Line-In level also dropped. I looked into the code(file "control_sgtl5000.cpp") and found return write(CHIP_MIC_CTRL, 0x0170 | preamp_gain) &&...
  35. U

48kHz for audio shield on T4

I already guessed it had to do with precompiled libraries... Thank you for the clarification.
  36. U

Mhm, doesn't seems to be such easy... I measured the amount of samples per second while recording and it shows 44188.(not 48k as expected) I made a recording of a 1kHz signal (@48kHz) which shows up as a 1088Hz peak in a frequency analysis. 1088/1000 = 48000/44100. It looks like that the...
  37. U

Hello! I read several threads regarding changing the sample frequency on a T4+Audio Shield. With each post or comment I read my confusion grows ho to do it... Maybe one of the pros can point in the right direction... I just want to change the samplerate to 48 kHz. It doesn't have to be possible...
  38. U

CRC32 error with buffer size>= 64k

My solution is to dissect my incoming data into portions <64k. To have a "real" solution FastCRC must be fixed. (At least FastCRC should return an error code if called with a buffersize >= 64k)
  39. U

Oh, I think I can answer it by myself. I just looked into the source code of FastCRC. The length parameter for the buffer is of type uint16_t. So it looks like that FastCRC is limited to 64k-1.
  40. U

Hello! I think the CRC32 library has a bug if the buffer size containing the data is 64k or bigger. I wrote a little function in java running on a Linux PC calculating the CRC32 of a dummy data field(containing all 'A'): private static void testCrc() { int bufSize = 1024 * 64...
  41. U

Teensy 4.1: Capture serial break

I had to fix your code a little bit but I understand your intention. Problem is: 'Break' is no valid character, it's the result of the transmit line being low for a longer time than a frame lasts. So you can't read a 'break' from the input buffer because there is less than nothing in the input...
  42. U

I don't understand your answer at all. Can you be more precise? e.g. "instead of .print(), do a Serial.write() to view the actual byte". I don't use .print() ... and Serial.write() cannot be used to view bytes... I'm confused...
  43. U

Hello! Is it possible for a Teensy 4.1 to recognise a serial break sent from the PC side? And if yes: How? Uwe. P.S.: The "PC" side is a PC running a Java program using SerialPort.sendBreak(...) from package JSSC to send a break. I don't know if this break is interpreted correctly by the FTDI...
Back