Search results

1. A

Teensy 4.1 is returning in July (2021)

I'm a bit out of touch with current production techniques but are press-fit header pins still a thing ? I always buy teensies without pins as I like the option to mount them either way up, but I have a larger build coming up and can see the advantage. I also find it useful to save time by...
  2. A

Teensyduino 1.54 Released

I've been having intermittent problems with Native Ethernet which were characterised by it sending corrupted frames when busy. I am using it with MQTT, and also noted a possibly related long delay to make a connection and frequent connection breakages. Disconnecting the ethernet cable would...
  3. A

Black Friday 2020 Sale

That's decent from pi-hut too, thanks. However the ones from Oak tree have just arrived : 18 hours after I placed the order. Can't really argue with that.
  4. A

Black Friday 2020 Sale

Thanks, Robin - they're a bit more expensive than direct from you, but not if I allow for all the other costs.. I realise Prime has to be paid for somehow. And I'm in a rush so it's all good :). Ordered. I did get pcbs from oshpark but they didn't match the magjacks I had in stock. The kits...
  5. A

Black Friday 2020 Sale

I suffered that 5 week wait recently. I managed to hold off nagging Robin - I was blaming Covid-19 and the election post. Very glad when they finally arrived ! Now I want some more but unfortunately hardly anyone stocks them (ethernet boards - plenty of actual teensies here, I think). We have...
  6. A

teensy 4.1 tcp socket issue

Many of the example code snippets have this at the top : Serial.begin(9600); while (!Serial) { ; // wait for serial port to connect. Needed for native USB port only } This is useful when developing as it waits for you serial-over-usb connection to appear before continuing, so you...
  7. A

Teensy 4.1 extra memory question

Can you place the samples in Flash and copy the current one into ram before playing it ?
  8. A

Send multiple frames with Flexcan?

Maybe this does what you want ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_15765-2 There is C code here (other repos exist but this one looks most developed - please let me know if you find a better one) : https://github.com/Beatsleigher/isotp-c In general, although you can send a stream of...
  9. A

teensy loader gobbling CPU

I spotted this happening again. I found 1.5.3 had been released so have installed that and updated udev.rules. However, teensyloader is still using a lot of CPU if no teensy is connected. It stops doing this if a download is initiated (falls to about 1%) but goes back to 50 - 60% if subsequently...
  10. A

teensy loader gobbling CPU

I'm running teensyduino 1.5.2 on Debian 9. Whenever there is no teensy connected, the loader is consuming CPU (currently 68% of one core). It does this regardless of whether I unplugged a working USB connection or started from scratch with no connection. The loader works fine in other respects...
  11. A

problem with octows2811 and (probably not) MIDI

Not really unresolved - my code seems to work fine with your fix. I'm just curious as the effect of that bug : what does that counter do ?
  12. A

Boot on Power-Up Problem with three T3.6s.

I've posted to this old thread as I just had a problem with power-on for a teensy 3.6 and looked for other comments. I was using a small switching regulator based on an MP2307. These are available for pennies on ebay and are pretty efficient as they use synchronous rectification. They also...
  13. A

Excellent, thank you. Confirmed working. Not only on Basic Test, but also with my original problem. Which is puzzling, really - Basic test isn't much like my code, and remember that initial question was about why it would change when I stopped indexing that array - e.g. by changing the a table...
  14. A

Your suggestion certainly sounds likely, and your screen capture shows both what I'd expect and what I'm getting in the 1.8.2 build. I was also sampling pin 2. And what makes the first led fail on a 2812 could certainly have a different effect with the 2813, since it tries to validate the...
  15. A

Help->about says teensyduino 1.40 I've checked in libraries (actually ~/Arduino/libraries since I'm on linux) but there's no OctoWS2811. When I did the following error test, I still had the Octows2811.cpp and OctoWS2811.h copied from arduino-1.8.2/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/OctoWS2811 to...
  16. A

Here's some screenshots of 'Basic test' built with arduino 1.8.2 and 1.8.5. I only changed const int config = WS2811_GRB | WS2811_800kHz; to const int config = WS2811_GRB | WS2813_800kHz; (but I don't think it matters in this example. Here's a shot of the 1.8.2-compiled version And...
  17. A

I've just noticed that the OctoWS2812 library uses pin 12 for frame sync. I'm using pin 12 for MISO0, but I'm not doing multi-teensy video syncing. I can see that pin 12 is manipulated in the video output driver example, but is it also used internally ? If I'm not using it specifically in my...
  18. A

MIDI Synth Shield for the Teensy

It's the SAM2195. Initially, I used a board I'd got from a kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/24311020/avecsynth-an-arduino-form-factor-midi-music-synthe I later bought more from https://moderndevice.com/product/fluxamasynth-shield/, both the SA2195 version and the later...
  19. A

I think the 6 pin are actually 2812 and the 4 pin the 2812B. I got them from Ray Wu - I bought 60m in the unpackaged form (just 0.5m strips). He seems to have a good reputation amongst DIY buyers. But they're widely available on ebay too...
  20. A

MIDI Synth Shield for the Teensy

I have a project that needs a synth. I've prototyped it with a Dream device but some of the voices aren't good enough (notably violin). I've been looking at Fluidsynth but alternatives (especially running on a teensy rather than something with a long boot time like a raspberry pi) would be welcome.
  21. A

The idea is that it doesn't do more than 1 transmission per millisecond, though I agree it's a bit dodgy. The message it sends lasts about 800us. But while not calling that code stops the problem, merely commenting out the midi transmission doesn't stop it. It's the access to the midi_channels...
  22. A

I'm pleased to find I can give a very simple example - BasicTest from the OctoWS2811 library also has a problem with 1.8.4 but not 1.8.2. I'm using that unmodified on my setup (so not all the leds light) It's very strange though : red, green, blue and yellow phases are fine. pink and orange...
  23. A

I have the code below to regularly send out some MIDI values. I'm also maintaining 4 strings of 360 WS2813 LEDs using the octows2811 library on a teensy 3.5. Building this on arduino 1.8.2 works as expected. But if I build the same thing on arduino 1.8.4 (with the appropriate teensyduino), the...
  24. A

Maximum sizie of WS2811 displayMemory

On the same system (now with ledsPerStrip at 750), I'm trying to use the nRF24L01 with the maniacbug RF24 network library. I'm getting a lot of failures, and it seems to be when the leds.show() call is made. On the sender side I get lots of errors, and on the receiver side I get lots of missing...
  25. A

Yes, I realised I was wasting the memory - I'd had to disable the double buffering when I used too much earlier. I just hadn't realised I couldn't use all 64K for display memory.
  26. A

Teensy on TV

The BBC don't credit it, but it's a Teensy 3.2 controlling the LEDs (it's only an AVR controlling the fingers ..) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-36036642
  27. A

I'm using teensy 3.2 to drive 4500 WS2811 leds. For $reasons, they're connected to only 3 of the outputs, so ledsPerStrip is 1500. Yes, I realise this isn't the most efficient way to do it, but for the moment it has enough performance (or at least, it did when there were only 1200). If I...
Back