Search results

1. blackketter

Issues Connecting Teensy 4.0 to Newer Macs with USB-C

Check out: https://hackaday.com/2023/01/04/all-about-usb-c-resistors-and-emarkers/ You might need a USB-C adapter that has the requisite resistors.
  2. blackketter

Teensy 4.0 broken USB

I'd check those surface mount pads on the USB connector very closely and try reflowing the solder to them. If that fixes it, think about reworking your enclosure to use a more robust connector, maybe with something like this: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3258 If that connector breaks...
  3. blackketter

Optimizing for small Flash size

Are you absolutely sure that the display code is what's taking up the space? You can't really tell from the header files or intermediate .c.o file sizes, you really need to inspect the output of the linker after it's stripped what it can. If you haven't used the 'pio home' interface, give it a...
  4. blackketter

date from NTP website which provides seconds from UTC (Jan 1, 1900)

Paul's TimeLib should help: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Time
  5. blackketter

Optimizing for small Flash size

The self-hosted web-based PlatformIO Home interface provides some good tools for inspecting project code sizes. Look under the Inspect section and you can browse around symbols and sections to see where the worst offenders might be. If you don't use the IDE, you can start it from the command...
  6. blackketter

USB-C connector with just USB2 support and no power.

There's some good advice on page 6 of the Nexperia data sheet you mentioned. That shows the connection to VBUS and has some other notes that may be useful. I'd definitely include the protection diodes if this is going to be unplugged and plugged in the field.
  7. blackketter

HOWTO develop teensy framework in structured manner?

In that case you need to customize the framework-arduinoteensy (which is where cores lives), which I haven't done. There seems to be some good advice to get started here: https://community.platformio.org/t/custom-framework-or-platform/14600/2
  8. blackketter

HOWTO develop teensy framework in structured manner?

Here's what I do: make the project directory: mkdir audiotest initialize it: cd audiotest pio init --board teensy41 add the library to the lib directory: cd lib git clone https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio.git and put the project source in src, for example I'll use the...
  9. blackketter

Pinout for Teensy 3.2 in textual form?

That looks correct. I wasn't sure what was the best way to organize the list, but this helps me understand what kind of format you are looking for. Let me know if I can help you out more!
  10. blackketter

Here's a 4.1 version of the 3.2 text file I posted earlier. I just transcribed it directly from the postcard image file I have. I'd love for somebody to review it to make sure I haven't made any typos: /* Teensy 4.1 Pinout Top View...
  11. blackketter

Next new Teensy , USB-C Please.

+1 for USB-C. It's time.
  12. blackketter

I made this some time ago, I'm not sure if it will be useful to you: /* Teensy 3.2 Pinout Top View +-----+ +------------------------| USB |-----------------------+ | +-----+ | | [...
  13. blackketter

Low profile teensy mounting

If you need the Teensy to be removable, I had great success with these sockets and wire: https://keeb.io/products/peel-a-way-sockets-for-pro-micros Alas, they appear to be out of stock there, you might be able to find them elsewhere. If the teensy can stay soldered, just use some wire and...
  14. blackketter

TeensyPico- Miniaturization of Teensy 4.0 Board - 12x12mm Teensy board as QFN package

Very interesting, though the photo didn't make it...
  15. blackketter

In need of complete Teensy 4.1 dimensions

See the drawings here: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html#tech
  16. blackketter

Teensy-based custom keyboard projects?

I've built a couple of keyboards from Teensy 3.2 and 3.6, and I've tested that they'd port to the T4.x boards. I rolled my own software for key mapping, scanning, etc. The hard part is the software. If you'd like something more robust, maybe check out the popular QMK firmware and the boards...
  17. blackketter

Future Teensy features & pinout

Those boards look great! I am curious, though, why did you decide to use the M.2 daughterboard arrangement rather than just soldering the module on to the host board?
  18. blackketter

buydisplay 1280 X 400 TFT ra8876 AND SSD2828 SPI connectivity

Ta da! https://github.com/blackketter/GT911
  19. blackketter

Wow, you have my sympathies, Keith_M! (Note to self: ALWAYS buy an extra.)
  20. blackketter

That IS nice. Another thing I noticed there is that they added a couple of voltage dividers connected to both USB VBUS and VSYS and connected them to a spare analog inputs to add voltmeters to both power supply lines, basically for free.
  21. blackketter

Can you post a picture of the tearing on the display? Could be a configuration issue...
  22. blackketter

Need good part for WPA access + BLE5

Not sure how the age of the ESP8266 is an issue for you, but they are quite simple to use and cheap and plentiful. They don't have BLE5, though. Both the ESP32 and ESP8266 can be put into low power mode, though that may not be low enough for your application. I'd suggest you double-check and...
  23. blackketter

MicroMod Beta Testing

Looking at the schematic, it's surprising that the MicroMod Reset pin is connected to the Teensy On/Off and not a reset as per the MicroMod spec.
  24. blackketter

How to add a teensy 4.1 reset button?

Might be better off using a FET and a NO tact switch. It would probably be cheaper too.
  25. blackketter

Or a modified boot loader chip that uses a double tap or long press on the program button to do a reset.
  26. blackketter

How to add a teensy 4.1 reset button?

Alas, no, there is no reset pin available on the Teensy 4.0 or 4.1. It is possible to do a software reset, but that won't help in the case of a firmware fault.
  27. blackketter

My interest in M.2 was as a cheap, higher density connector and not for mPCIe connectivity. For the Vidor it kind of makes sense given the FPGA on board. The applications that make sense to me for a Teensy with mPCIe would not be to use Teensy as a PC peripheral, but for the Teensy to be the...
  28. blackketter

One way to expand the number of pins available would be to provide double-density castellations along the edge. The Alorium Evo M51 does this. Every 0.1" spaced through-hole pin is brought out to a castellation at the edge. Between each of those connections is another pin, for net spacing...
  29. blackketter

I'm able to trigger the "2D ready failed" with a low voltage on the 5v rail. Could that be an issue for you?
  30. blackketter

NM, found it. (Wasn't searching in the right folder...) Apparently the 8876 isn't responding. Not sure why that might be intermittent on my side, but if it happens fo you from the start, Keith, it implies a problem with the RA8876 SPI and not the SSD2828. Do you have a scope or analyzer...
  31. blackketter

Interestingly, I'm seeing "2D ready failed" on my console too. It's happened twice now after running some demos for a long time. Not sure where it's coming from, searching the source comes up empty. And it appears my loop() is running very slowly and nothing is being drawn. Power cycling...
  32. blackketter

Yup, I"m on 1.53, though I'm using Platformio. Shouldn't matter. And the board is v1.0 Here are images of my board and wiring for a sanity check: Hard to trace out the wires from those, I think. Happy to do so if you need.
  33. blackketter

Is it possible for you to test with the ER-TFT0784.ino example? I just verified that with hardware setup the same as is in there, that sketch works.
  34. blackketter

Same here. I did have one display that came from BuyDisplay that was misconfigured. Couldn't hurt to double-check the jumpers per the datasheet.
  35. blackketter

Sorry for the silence. 2828DC / Pin 36 doesn't need to be connected. Not sure what the error "2D ready failed" is... One thing to double check is that the display is getting enough power. My T4.1 & display draw .75A at 5v.
  36. blackketter

PlatformIO, how to compile for Teensy 4.0 with beta core

That IS strange. Can you share your platformio.ini contents and confirm that the only change you are making to the contents of framework-arduinoteensy is to replace the cores and libraries directories with symlinks?
  37. blackketter

PlatformIO, how to compile for Teensy 4.0 with beta core

I believe that the version number it's displaying is obtained from .platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/.piopm which hasn't changed, but you've replaced the code in the cores directory, so it should be using that code. Try removing the symlink and see if the build breaks, that'll...
  38. blackketter

Raspberry Pi Pico

There's an early bit of development being done for RP2040 support on Platform.io. I was able to do a basic blink application using the Arduino framework with it. Might be worth looking at and/or pitching in: https://github.com/Wiz-IO/wizio-pico
  39. blackketter

I ported over a bit-banged version of configuration code for the SSD2828 and added it to my fork of the Ra8876LiteTeensy library. You can see the files here: https://github.com/blackketter/Ra8876LiteTeensy/blob/master/src/SSD2828.h...
  40. blackketter

Raspberry Pi Pico

+1 for PlatformIO and VSCode. The combination is remarkably easy use, though it does have a slightly steeper learning curve than the Arduino IDE. What the PlatformIO team has accomplished is amazing. A HUGE set of supported boards, frameworks and platforms that is dead simple to get installed...
  41. blackketter

Teens 4.0 TLC59116 Led Driver

You'll definitely need those resistors (I2C pull-ups, RESET, REXT), so see if you can get them soldered in somehow. And looking at the schematic, it seems you are using 5v+ for some of the devices, including the TLC59116, which is bad. Take a look at the typical application schematic on the...
  42. blackketter

Teens 4.0 TLC59116 Led Driver

A couple of things to look at: According the datasheet, you'll need a pull-up resistor on the /RESET pin. Make sure you have that connected before you power it up. And you'll need REXT connected to a resistor to select the LED current. The example in the datasheet uses 931 ohms for a 20mA LED...
  43. blackketter

Weird Custom Teensy 3.2 Behavior

I can't see from the schematic what is connected to the reset pin (pin 10 on your connector). I wonder if you'd need a pull-up resistor on that pin.
  44. blackketter

Experimental MicroMod "T3.2" board

Sorry, I don't have any experience laying out this part, but it looks like there might be room right next to the 19/20 pins there! It does look like you'll need the diodes, to ensure that there is power to the VBAT pin when no battery is present.
  45. blackketter

Just noticed one more (tiny) thing. There is solder mask between the pads on the jumpers. Was this intended? This might make it hard to cut the trace and/or jump the pins.
  46. blackketter

NICE! I see that you have a note that says "RTC Not Yet Implemented". That would be my only suggestion left! (Could be like the T3.2 with an optional through-hole footprint. Also, the VBAT pin would need to be brought to the RTC_3V pad.)
  47. blackketter

Terrific! I'm sure you're thinking about these, but I noticed: - Why not hook up the BATT_VIN/3 pin to one of the free analog input pins? - G8 appears to not be connected to anything and doesn't have an X indication. Could it be connected to one of the free digital GPIO pins? - G11, D0...
  48. blackketter

Coding Neotrellis M4 with Mic onboard

Adafruit has ported the awesome Audio library to some of their boards. See: https://learn.adafruit.com/synthesizer-design-tool/audio-library-examples-on-trellis and https://github.com/adafruit/Audio
  49. blackketter

Yet another highly optimzed ILI9341 library: for T4/4.1 with diff updates and vsync !

Terrific! Couple of thoughts/questions: - Have you thought about mixing this with Adafruit_GFX hierarchy to provide compatibility with that API? Not sure where the actual primitives would come from, I assume that there is a RAM frame buffer based library out there that would work. - Would...
Back