Search results

1. M

How to wire keyboard controller board (four usb wires 5V, d+, d-, gnd) onto Teensy for usb input?

@Paul @KurtE so when I google "esp32 usb device mode" it seems like the esp32 supports device mode. The hackaday link i posted above shows how usb host capabilities are added to the esp32 manually. So i get the impression that both could exist simultaneously on the esp32 but what do you two...
  2. M

How to wire keyboard controller board (four usb wires 5V, d+, d-, gnd) onto Teensy for usb input?

@Paul @KurtE actually the newer esp32 look like they can be configured to be usb hosts. https://hackaday.com/2021/03/26/usb-comes-to-the-esp32/ wondering if I can use an esp32 alone to receive the iphone keystrokes and the physical usb keyboard keystrokes and send both to pc...
  3. M

@Paul thanks thats what a intuited based on what ive read online. Really new to all this stuff but I am trying to focus on learning only what I need for this project and so just want to identify potential hardware to start learning with/testing designs.
  4. M

@KurtE thank you, like I said I am new to microcontroller programming but based on what I read online I had the impression that the teensy could be a usb host and device. I also understand that software library is needed to make use of the data and that it is not simply received passively. The...
  5. M

Thank you for the very helpful reply! So I wanted to ask, in the video I posted above, isn't the arduino acting as both a usb host and a usb device? I am sorry if my lack of experience implied something unintended, but I am just looking for a hardware setup that can be used to make a keyboard...
  6. M

Can arduino pro mini take ps/2 and uart input and convert them to usb?

I am trying to figure out what hardware I need in order to create the following: An old wired usb keyboard that sends data to pc through usb port, but can also receive keystrokes over wifi and send those to the pc as well. I am thinking since many older wired keyboards can fall back to ps/2, I...
  7. M

Hey so I dont understand how that is different than what I proposed. What exactly wouldn't work with what I mentioned? Keyboard -> teensy -> PC sounds like what I want to do. The teensy will sniff the keyboard usb line and send it to the PC without modifying it. The wifi microcontroller will...
  8. M

Hello, I am new to microcontroller programming/design and I am looking for a solution that will allow me to receive a usb keyboard's key input into a microcontroller which can also be setup to communicate with an esp32. \ So basically, the keyboard has wires that connect the controller board to...
Back