Search results

1. Oddball

ornament & crime beta testing

YAY! things always take 1.7 times longer than you think :D
  2. Oddball

Teensy 3.2 End Of Life

I'm not going to speculate, but I'm sure profit has everything to do with its obsolescence, and I think the real loss was the LC as the 4.0 is the same price and way more powerful. On a positive note, how's the 4.1 replacement project for OC going, and will we ever see anything like the LC...
  3. Oddball

vehicle speed square wave to can bus conversion?

Hi Folks! I'm working with an old car that I'm adding electric power steering from a Toyota Prius to. the prius power steering accepts the vehicle speed via the can bus to vary the amount of power steering based on speed. in my setup I've got a pulse wave which increases frequency as the...
  4. Oddball

ad985x library pin assignments, will it work with a 4.0?

trying out an AD9850 function generator trying to use the ad985x library. (A) will it work with a teensy 4.0, and (B) if anyone has gotten it to work, when it assigns pins using the freqGen.begin(10, 9, 8, 7, 6); from AD9850_demo example which pin correlates to the data / clock / reset / fq_UD...
  5. Oddball

i2c LCD teensy LC

Hi folks! Finally venturing out into display land, and was wondering what's a good library to use? I was planning on using LiquidCrystal I2C library by Frank de Brabander, as that is what I found in a tutorial. anyone have any insight on that? thanks!
  6. Oddball

two separate devices with custom names, adopt each others name.

I have a midi control surface, and a midi to gate converter on the same computer. They are both built on teensy LC's and they both have separate and unique names. Their names are recognized and the devices function as intended separate. However when they are both plugged in they will both be...
  7. Oddball

upper limits of analogWriteFrequency on 4.0, and LC? (aiming for 10-15MHZ)

so where does the pwm drop from a max of 255 to 127? I see the 585937.5 and 1171875 but I would think that those frequencies are in the middle of their respective ranges not at top and bottom. is that correct?
  8. Oddball

high frequency mosfet driving... gate resistors?

So I'm driving a few 2n7000 mosfets at a frequency from 31.5khz to just a hair over 10mhz (with a 4.0 if that matters) right now I'm just driving the mosfet gate pin directly with a teensy pin. I have an issue with the signal bleeding through when its not supposed to. In my searches I found...
  9. Oddball

upper limits of analogWriteFrequency on 4.0, and LC? (aiming for 10-15MHZ)

working on a video signal generator project, and since my scope doesn't read that high, I don't know if I'm outputting the signals I'm aiming for. That being said, is there an upper limit for analogWriteFrequency on the 4.0 and the LC? I figured id get a better chance with the 600mhz 4.0 than...
  10. Oddball

watching clock input for a simple drum machine

I'm working on a simpler version of a Euclidean sequencer, eventually it's a variable divide down setup, based off the "blink without delay" example. what I want to do is watch an analog read pin, which will be fed a clock in or square wave etc. when it crosses a threshold (say 200 I'm not...
  11. Oddball

suggestions on a Linux distro for older computers?

So I wanted a cheap little computer for the shop, one that can run limited programs, mostly browse the internet, and code when needed. the laptop in question is an acer one zg5 c.2007. its a slowpoke 32 bit 1.66 Ghz single core intel atom, 1gb of ram, and 8gb integrated sshd and a 128G sd...
  12. Oddball

4.0 5x5 midi having trouble with sysex, dropping values on a loopback test

no such luck still not returning all bytes in the test.. any other ideas?
  13. Oddball

ive already dug in to get rid of the 6-16 inputs from showing up.. so nothing new there lol -Fingers crossed-
  14. Oddball

I'm not sure I'm laying this out correctly // Create the Serial MIDI ports MIDI_CREATE_INSTANCE(HardwareSerial, Serial1, MIDI1); MIDI_CREATE_INSTANCE(HardwareSerial, Serial2, MIDI2); MIDI_CREATE_INSTANCE(HardwareSerial, Serial3, MIDI3); MIDI_CREATE_INSTANCE(HardwareSerial, Serial4, MIDI4)...
  15. Oddball

built a 5x5 interface. the code is the 3x3 example with 2 more ports copy and pasted. midi note data and cc function flawlessly. this problem arose when trying to send sysex data from 3 different programs to a yamaha tx7 fm synth if it matters. I discovered what I think is at least a symptom...
  16. Oddball

midi 5x5 custom port names, hiding 6-16 ports?

yup was changing the file in the teensy3 folder.. change the right figure and it works as described. Thanks guys!
  17. Oddball

oops.. yeah, I realized that last night afterwards.. its a 4.0 and I only edited one file.. I'll edit the other, delete the device, and report back :)
  18. Oddball

replaced 16 with 5 on # of cables, and I still see the other 11 ports. tried reboots, reloads and replugging, still there.. any more thoughts?
  19. Oddball

using a modified 3x3 sketch for 5 ports. the sketch works fine, but since midi 16x16 is selected I see 6-16 as inputs and outputs. is it possible to hide those on the sketch / hardware level? also is it possible to add custom port names? for example = YAMAHA_TX7 instead of MIDIIN1? and for...
  20. Oddball

pwm pins 24 - 33 vs 34 - 39 teensy 4.0

Thanks! that's what I was thinking it was, but hoping otherwise. I figured you picked those pins for a reason.. was hoping I could use the larger pads, I'm not even going to attempt to solder to those extra small pads, Hell it took me 20 minutes to figure out those were the 34-39 pins...
  21. Oddball

pwm pins 24 - 33 vs 34 - 39 teensy 4.0

this is what I'm working with so far (Paul wrote most of my code :) ).. going to be working on some other features using a low pass filter / pwm outputs on the underside pins.. anyways I have a layout question.. why can't I use pins 0-11 for the main frequency output? and is there any...
  22. Oddball

12 tones at once? (an entire octave) is it possible?

Just Cruisin right along! learning as I go! took your code Paul and added a couple variables for pitch bend and duty change, working on a LFO and an envelope generator as well using some low pass DAC's still trying to figure out how to post it on Github as a fork lol
  23. Oddball

super easy.. but im super new and super dumb... pitch bend and pulse width modulatio

so, this is my first project. its functions are simple. produce 12 square waves on 12 pwm pins. got help with that one, it works (and I would hope so, Paul wrote it lol). but I want to be able to vary the frequency on all outputs simultaneously and pwm based on 0-3.3v reference from two of...
  24. Oddball

yeah.. I'd say your probably right. but I already have the hardware, I'm just replacing the 12 oscillators with something more controllable, as what i have isn't, but (big but) for my next trick, I think I'm going tot go that route.. this is my first synth project :D
  25. Oddball

So what other hardware would I need to produce 12 channels of audio? since I only need a pulsed output, can I just amplify the square waves?
  26. Oddball

!! from the man himself! Thanks Paul! funny Just saw you on tested on YouTube just by chance lol
  27. Oddball

I'm working on building a synth, and I need all 12 notes. its not a typical synth where you press a key and that tells the controller to sound that note. its a division setup where all notes are played continuously, and the keys just let the sound through to the speaker. that being said, the...
Back