Search results

1. L

Did someone try a Teensy 4.1 MIDI with iOS?

anyone who managed to get teensy USB running on iPad? it would be very nice to have some guidance on how to troubleshoot this Lorenzo
  2. L

// Simple test of USB Host // // This example is in the public domain #include "USBHost_t36.h" USBHost myusb; USBHub hub1(myusb); USBHub hub2(myusb); USBHub hub3(myusb); //KeyboardController keyboard1(myusb); //KeyboardController keyboard2(myusb); MIDIDevice midi1(myusb); void setup() {...
  3. L

yes, if I plug the midi device I get notes both in garageband and midi wrench (midi viewer for ipad)
  4. L

so I am in need to convert some midi notes from a USB MIDI device that is sending wrong notes, the end device is an iPad with midi software on it I was thinking to use a teensy 4.1 that I have around, with my midi device connected to the USB Host and connect the Teensy USB to the IPAD. It seems...
  5. L

Change the IP of Teensy 4.1 using UDP (again)

yes, the cable requirement is also a bug of the native library, there is a workaround but you have to change the library: https://github.com/vjmuzik/NativeEthernet/issues/12
  6. L

Change the IP of Teensy 4.1 using UDP (again)

you are stopping udp but not ethernet, I don't know if you can actually change that live? In my project I do reboot teensy after applying any change, so it restarts fresh with all the new settings saved in memory. I don't know if that's a possible workaround for you. The command I use is...
  7. L

Teensyduino 1.54 Released

Just a followup on this since someone might find this while going through the forum and struggling to make it work on Teensy 4.1 Since all of this started from porting the code back to Teensy 4.1, I went back trying to run it on Teensy 4.1 using the NativeEthernet library. Unfortunately the same...
  8. L

Thank you Paul for your offer and dedication. While testing around I saw that the page was sometimes loading, sometimes was stuck in the middle of the HTML file. I just swapped the SD card and now the page loads perfectly every single time (*facepalm) previous SD is now in the trash bin. I will...
  9. L

Thank you so much for all your effort in troubleshooting this. This is extremely valuable for me. However the situation here is still different, I copied/pasted your code, changed only IP address and SCK pin and the page is stuck on loading. I commented out the Serial print on the SD reading and...
  10. L

Ok, it seems there is a bug somewhere. I tried the standard Ethernet Webserver demo and it works with both versions, but the moment I ask to load the file from the SD card it works with TeensyDuino 1.53 but not with 1.54. I prepared this basic sketch based on the Ethernet Webserver demo but...
  11. L

While I can't share the entire project (proprietary, big and chaotic) let me try something more tomorrow morning and if I can't get anything out I will prepare something and bring more information. I first want to try some examples first, so I can confirm if it's indeed something related with SD...
  12. L

Looks like something is broken in this version regarding the SD card. I'm going crazy porting a 3.6 project to 4.1 and I was stuck on why my SD stored webpage does not load on 4.1, while the file it's there. So I went back to my perfectly working 3.6 and I tried to compile my perfectly working...
  13. L

T4.1 Ethernet Library

Please ignore the above, today for some reason it works. I will investigate further. I also found the answer to the side question by digging in the thread.
  14. L

T4.1 Ethernet Library

Probably dumb question but I'm going crazy trying to make my Teensy 3.6 project run with Teensy 4.1 and native ethernet. Is the Ethernet.begin(mac, IP, Gateway, netmask) call supported within NativeEthernet? My code: Ethernet.begin(macArray, currentSettings.srcIP, Dns...
  15. L

Aux input to OctoWS2811

I can confirm this and warn new teensy 4.1 users... Artnet.h library makes use of Ethernet.h library, therefore you will have errors when using it with Teensy 4.1.
  16. L

Compiling Teensy Sketches with VisualCode (Win10)

Yes seems to go through now, I will just remove all the spaces in folders for the long run... thanks you!
  17. L

as a person who always wants to learn I would say yes... as a electronic engineer who never studied software development and but wants to play around 10 minutes here and there where the girlfriend is not bothering... my gut feeling tells me stuck to .ino and don't enter in a software loophole...
  18. L

Sorry guys, I have to bother again for a probably idiot question I can't understand trying to build a brand new project with the same portable IDE structure and I got this. > Executing task: C:/Users/Lorenzo/Desktop/Arduinos/Teensy/VisualTeensy_v0_9_9_1/make.exe all <...
  19. L

Saw now your Edit, as I thought. Amazing. I will test the edit and confirm! Great support! Thank you
  20. L

Amazing, I just set it up. Thank you Don't know why it opens both TyCommander and the standard one, I guess because the arduino builder is set to do that, but not big deal. I also reported a quick issue in Github, the latest release is missing make.exe, causing the build to fail.
  21. L

Thank you for the amazing response times and for the amazing tool! Very happy with it with the arduino-builder option, just use VScode as code editor and being able to quickly build and load Now I have another question, when compiled, the standard teensy loader application loads. I saw before...
  22. L

I already replied on github but fot thread completeness I will leave it here as well. This fixes the issue Opening Teensy Loader... Using library Ethernet at version 2.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\Lorenzo\Desktop\Arduinos\Teensy\arduino-1.8.13 - TeensyDuino...
  23. L

So it looks like that libraries="C:\Users\lutz\Documents\Arduino/libraries" is extra and should be removed from the make file? Or am i misreading what you wrote?
  24. L

Ok, so I found the issue(s): First, you have to use the following LIBRARIES path for the portable version, not the one I used before, both seem to be fine but this is taken from the Arduino log. LIBRARIES += -libraries="C:\Users\Lorenzo\Desktop\Arduinos\Teensy\arduino-1.8.13 -...
  25. L

Ok so, spacing is not the issue, I tried a standard blink program and it compiles both with or without spaces in the path folder, while my program does not compile. Blink output with spaces: > Executing task: C:/Users/Lorenzo/Desktop/Arduinos/Teensy/VisualTeensy_v0_9_9_0/make.exe all <...
  26. L

Ok, that was dumb me... I'm using the portable version of Arduino (I like to keep each version of arduino and teensyduino separated for legacy reasons). I added this: and it seems that the include error has disappeard. But now the problem got worse, make.exe quits with Error1 on line 49...
  27. L

not finding libraries? Hey there! First of all thanks for this amazing tool, wanted to escape arduino IDE for years but always struggling (i'm quite a noob) I'm trying to import an old project I made and I want to load it using the standard Arduino builder, it uses an external library. I...
  28. L

Song identification from PC into the line-in jack

a cool thing will be connecting it online, make some kind of song fingerprint and send it to some recognizing software with API, but I don't know how much of that is actually possible...
  29. L

Realtime Beat Detection and Audio Analysis + DMX Master Demonstration

thanks for your inputs, I will have a look at those in the future!
  30. L

Realtime Beat Detection and Audio Analysis + DMX Master Demonstration

bump on this one.. I'm looking on implementing a BPM detector which will give me the 4/4 counts from an audio input. Every beat will actually send out a message to syncronize a device. Is this the right example? was never implemented in teensy libraries? can't find anything under examples thanks!
  31. L

Wiznet W5500 support

I can confirm the chinese modules are horrible, 2 broken out of 4 or 5 used... I went with the original Wiz850io, they are expensive but they work.
  32. L

teensy 3 MAC address

After a looong time I finally had time to test it, and the code posted here fixes the eeprom bug. thanks
  33. L

teensy 3 MAC address

@Paul, any chance you had a look on it? after a lot of months I now need to continue with this project and I was wondering to use the mac or serial for some security checking. Thanks Lorenzo
  34. L

Virtual Midi Cables - 8 ports OSX and PC

that's cool, I will maybe need more than 16 channels for a project in the future, thanks
  35. L

teensy 3 MAC address

will be back on this issue in the next days, any chance that you already had a look on that? Thanks Lorenzo
  36. L

Question about the XenGi's KiCAD library

If I remember correctly I used XenGi's libraries for both schematic and PCB. I printed out my PCB and seems fine, at least on the externals rows of pins. The under pins are set as thru hole pins, so be careful they will be printed when you do the PCB
  37. L

Wiznet W5500 support

Really similar numbers but for now the W5500 is the best option for price and performance... hoping to see the in-built ethernet of teensy 3.5/3.6 available in future
  38. L

teensy 3 MAC address

I will give it a try with my code and see
  39. L

teensy 3 MAC address

So you confirm you get the same behavior when using eeprom?
  40. L

PCB drope voltage

good question, what is the default status of "non declared" pins in teensy? output? I'm also working on a PCB for teensy I don't want to have the same issue
  41. L

Wiznet W5500 support

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/45365-Wiz850io-no-handle-of-multicast-and-no-answer-to-ARP-messages have a look here, I think I had the same the same issue. I don't remember if I changed something but now seems to work properly, try to recompile and use the full Ethernet.begin(mac, ip, dns...
  42. L

Artnet to OctoWS2811?

Nope, I'm using only one universe for my project (no led driving), but somebody said it was not working with 2.x.x.x range, but it is.
  43. L

Artnet to OctoWS2811?

Recalling this old (but great) thread because I'm working on an artnet project now. seems everything works fine here with chamsys outputting multicast at 2.255.255.255 and teensy set at 2.0.0.x with 255.0.0.0 netmask. The only difference in my code is the artnet.begin routine, I'm using...
  44. L

Wiz850io no handle of multicast and no answer to ARP messages?

Ok, looks like the problem is not only related to artnet but is something wrong in the ethernet or udp communication stack. For this test I didn't use artnet but standard UDP messages I loaded in teensy the UDPSendReceiveString esample: /* UDPSendReceiveString: This sketch receives UDP...
  45. L

Good to know, thanks, I will give it a try but I think I will keep with the standard begin for now because I want to filter out too many broadcasts. About free artnet software for linux I don't know, my lighting software is available for linux but needs a bit of configuration. Maybe with OLA...
  46. L

I'm currently testing some Artnet input for teensy using my teensy 3.6 with Wiz850io. Software is the one in the examples of the artnet library: ArtnetReceive with some basic changes to make it work for me /* This is a basic example that will print out the header and the content of an ArtDmx...
  47. L

teensy 3 MAC address

Sorry Paul, I didn't want to upset you. I always try to post the code, but this time the code is the same of Frank's library. #include <TeensyMAC.h> void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); } void loop() { delay(500); Serial.printf("Serial: %u\n", teensySerial()); Serial.printf("MAC...
  48. L

teensy 3 MAC address

wow, this is super strange so, the only thing I have different is some data saved in the eeprom I will try to erase the entire eeprom and test again, but this is really funny...
  49. L

teensy 3 MAC address

Tested now With Ubuntu 17.04 - Teensy 3.6 - Arduino 1.8.3 and Teensyduino 1.37 Same issue here running at 180Mhz Settings: USB Type: Serial or Serial+Midi CPU Speed: 180MHz Optimize: Faster (edit: tried also Debug, same issue) If you have any idea to test, I'm really willing to do that, I...
Back