Search results

1. G

Stereo Plate Reverb for Teensy4.x

I will try to see if I can manage to get it working on my box. I haven't yet tried to use the `OpenAudio_ArduinoLibrary` stuff. Have you ever ventured into making a compressor or limiter? I'm trying to put a stereo compressor at the end of my stereo signal chain for a master compressor effect...
  2. G

@Pio that sounds great! Looking forward to trying it out. Is the delay RAM heavy as well, and could it be made to use RAM2 / DMAMEM so as to not take up space in RAM1? I'm looking to use a delay with tempo sync in my xr-1 groovebox, but I'm pretty limited right now on RAM1 space.
  3. G

Thank you! Nice, would love if it this delay could tempo sync as well!
  4. G

Just curious, how much RAM does the Stereo Spring Reverb use?
  5. G

Some new audio objects (STK Instruments / Effects, Bytebeat, Slew Limiter, etc)

@mattkuebrich Would be so sweet if you or someone made a variant of Teensy's Delay effect with an input for synchronizing the delay time to a clock signal. Not sure how difficult it would be, I assume you'd need to know the clock division interval time in milliseconds, and you'd probably need to...
  6. G

Thanks, yeah I'm currently trying to get it to a good enough place to send some units out to some people so I can start getting feedback and improving it, I still want to add live recording, sample recording, and some other stuff, but just gotta prioritize things. I used to have a TX81Z, would...
  7. G

This is great! I plan on incorporating some of these into a groovebox I'm making. I've just recently gotten dx7 / dexed emulation from the Micro Dexed Touch project ported over, for the most part. I'm posting videos of the progress on my personal YouTube channel.
  8. G

Yet Another File Player (and recorder)

Hi h4yn0nnym0u5e, I was trying to private message you but your private message inbox appears to be full and I'm unable to send you a private message. I was wondering if you'd be willing to consult with me on my project. If you'd like, can you maybe message me an email address I can contact you at?
  9. G

Newb: How do I read large data from NOR Flash to EXTMEM without increasing heap size?

I think my issue was due to using a complicated nested struct object which was probably too deep/complicated for LittleFS. I ended up just using the SD card to store the data and was able to read it back into PSRAM correctly, which is fine for me.
  10. G

Newb: How do I read large data from NOR Flash to EXTMEM without increasing heap size?

Hi, I have a newbie question. Let's say I have the following outer struct which I store in EXTMEM (8MB PSRAM chip soldered onto Teensy 4.1) as the variable _data_ext, due to it being a very large variable: typedef struct { uint8_t datapoints[1024]; } ITEM; typedef struct { ITEM...
  11. G

Another question, are you planning on having your audio library incorporate variable playback, like what's supported by the teensy-variable-playback library? It would be great to be able to play buffered stereo WAV files and do some things like vary the play speed, lower the bit rate, loop, etc...
  12. G

Don't know why I assumed this to be true haha, it was some other encoder max value limit code. uClock is not limited to a min/max bpm AFAIK. Just wanted to correct that.
  13. G

Works great!! Thanks a bunch!
  14. G

Yes the sketch I posted above can reproduce this (at least for me). It definitely happens at faster BPMs like 170 (like in the sketch). 170 is uClock's max BPM. Here are the samples
  15. G

Wow, great, thanks! So, the timing is spot on now, no locking or lag with respect to the clock timing, I've experienced no crashes. However, one thing I now notice is that sometimes a sample may not play here or there, like one of the files may fail to play occasionally. It seems to be fine...
  16. G

Thanks. If it's more so just a conflict with the way the uClock library works, I can try and find a different clock solution that doesn't rely (as much) on interrupts. Another thought is just that I think it would make sense to cache these smaller mono samples in memory so I don't have to...
  17. G

Ok, so I am able to replicate the issue. I'm able to consistently get my Teensy to stutter and hang with the following sketch. I can provide the audio files as well, but they're just some one-shot 16-bit mono WAV samples. #include <uClock.h> #include <Audio.h> #include <SD.h> #define sd1 SD...
  18. G

Thanks, but I am using MacOS, I had to download addr2line through homebrew (`brew install binutils`).
  19. G

addr2line was just outputting ??:? for me, odd. Yeah, I was able to get a sketch going with just the sequencer code and the audio files being triggered, no other hardware (OLED updates, encoder scanning, LED driver updating, etc), and it works fine at 170 BPM with the same samples and drum...
  20. G

Thanks, yeah I have the latest commit pulled down, and I have the calls to createBuffer as follows: rraw_a1.createBuffer(16384,AudioBuffer::inExt); rraw_a2.createBuffer(16384,AudioBuffer::inExt); rraw_a3.createBuffer(16384,AudioBuffer::inExt); I will try to make a simple enough sketch...
  21. G

Hm, ok so I tried your buffered-sd Audio lib branch out, and I'm playing back a sequenced drum pattern with only 3 mono 16-bit WAV samples that are all only like max 1s long, using the AudioPlayWAVstereo objects. It's okay at a bpm of 120, but going to a bpm of 170 the Teensy crashes with this...
  22. G

My only concern is that I'm using platformio and I'm not sure how to properly overwrite the audio library in that context. Is it the same process as when using the Arduino IDE? Also, what is the most up to date link to the code to use, and is there documentation on how to integrate the project...
  23. G

Is there any way this can be made into a separate library instead of having to replace the official audio library?
  24. G

Power delivery issues with JST vs dupont cables

Plot twist, when I added thicker individual wires ~20-22 AWG, then I saw the same problem as before. I checked one of the dupont wire gauges and they are more like 26-28 AWG, much thinner. I then swapped out each individual signal wire and found that when either the ground or 3.3V wires are...
  25. G

Thank you all. I will probably just try and use a couple terminal blocks with some guaranteed 20 AWG wires instead of using pre-crimped cables. This was a very frustrating issue, thank again!
  26. G

Hi, I'm building a music sequencer device using the Teensy 4.1, and I'm really confused about an issue I'm encountering involving power delivery (I think) when using JST cables vs. typical Dupont cables. Project info: - The project uses various components: a 2.42 SSD1309 OLED display (SPI), a...
  27. G

Teensy 4.1 with 12V power supply for 0-10V CV signal (beginner)

Hi, I'm currently trying to understand how to get a 0-10V CV output from a Teensy 4.1. I think 0-5V is also common but I'd like to get more than +/-2 octaves of CV. I'm planning on using the following components: 1. Teensy 4.1 2. MCP4822 (DAC) 3. LM358 (dual op-amp) 4. Mono audio output jack...
  28. G

Teensy 4.1 crash, using ILI9341 and ArduinoJson

Wow, thank you so much! I'm not an experienced embedded developer, and as such I'm less familiar with good design patterns and how to manage memory properly, so this is very helpful.
  29. G

Ah, I was able to eke out a bit more memory by also deleting the object instantiations I was doing in nested for loops. Maybe I assumed calling `delete` on a parent object which has several child objects instantiated with `new` also gets its memory freed up.
  30. G

In regards to the heap, @KurtE and @tonton81, yes it appears to be growing. Using Kurt's method above, I have an initial heap value logged at 539152384, and then right before it crashes there's a heap value logged at 539480064 -- it grew by 327680. I'm also using `delete` on the structures that...
  31. G

Hi, My project is a MIDI sequencer, and I'm using two Teensy 4.1's. Here's a picture of the unit: One Teensy handles the MIDI sequencer programming, MIDI output, USB host devices, and the button input processing. The second Teensy handles updating the ILI9341 display. I did this because...
  32. G

USB MIDI clock jitter with ILI9341 display calls -- use two Teensys?

I eked out a little bit more flexibility by using a coroutine library. I didn't want to try and implement a fully fledged RTOS or multi-threading just yet, but now I'm at least able to push relatively infrequent updates to the display while the sequencer is running without the internal clock...
  33. G

I think Problem #2 is actually not display-related. It has to do with changing the step length while the sequencer is running, not sure why it freaks out though. I may just not allow the tempo to be adjusted while the sequencer is running.
  34. G

Thanks -- I'm not familiar with DMA, but on reading about it, looks like it may work for what I need. Just not really sure how to exactly implement it. The examples in KurtE's ILI9341 repository seem a bit complex, it'll take me a bit to wrap my head around it I think.
  35. G

Background: I'm using the Teensy 4.1 to build a MIDI program change sequencer/orchestrator. I wanted a device that acts as the main clock source for various MIDI instruments, and I wanted a device that can sequence program change messages. Most existing sequencers do way more than that, so I...
  36. G

General help understanding memory management on Teensy

Oh, actually an out_of_range exception is thrown when using the vector .at() method: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stdexcept/out_of_range/
  37. G

General help understanding memory management on Teensy

I've run into array index errors, where trying to access an undefined vector index causes a crash. Coming from the web development world myself -- is there a way to "catch" exceptions like that? I assume you'd have to just build it by making wrappers around things like the vector library or...
  38. G

Trouble with USB host MIDI devices

SOLVED: Had to use the MIDIDevice_BigBuffer class instead of the MIDIDevice class, as the instruments have a max packet size of 512, and the MIDIDevice class is capped at 64. The conclusion at this thread helped: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/55142-MIDI-SendSysEx-on-USB-host/page3 Might be...
  39. G

My suspicion is that the two instruments I'm trying to connect over USB to the Teensy have drivers which the Teensy can't make sense of. Here's the latest debug output using both devices connected Start USB host... USB2 PLL running reset waited 6 USBHS_ASYNCLISTADDR = 0...
  40. G

Are you referring to this sketch? If so, that's the one I started from.
  41. G

Looked at some other threads, and saw there was a line I could uncomment (#define USBHOST_PRINT_DEBUG) to have the Serial monitor spit out some debug info, here's what it printed out after starting the Teensy again with one instrument connected to the hub, and the USB hub connected to the...
  42. G

Hi, I have a couple of hardware instruments (synthesizer, drum machine) which have bi-directional USB MIDI, and I'm having trouble connecting them to a Teensy 4.1 using the USB host library. I know that my USB hub is connecting to the Teensy, since I used some of the library's code which scans...
  43. G

Noob question: Measuring Teensy 4.1 CPU and RAM utilization

Thanks so much for the reply with helpful info, that sort of low level explanation as to how it works under the hood was more what I was after. Absolutely, and honestly apologies for posting this thread. A cursory google search seems to have provided me with just what I was looking for...
  44. G

Noob question: Measuring Teensy 4.1 CPU and RAM utilization

I'm an artist who fell into software engineering who also fell into hardware tinkering, so please forgive my ignorance here, but how would I go about logging the specific load on the Teensy 4.1's CPU and RAM? Is there a helper function that spits this sort of information out? While building my...
  45. G

909 drum machine using realtime dynamic sample selection?

Hi, I've been tinkering with using a Teensy 4.1 with the audio shield to try and emulate a TR-909 drum machine. See my post demoing an early prototype here. I've been trying to use the Teensy audio synthesis components to model the analog drums, referencing the original circuit designs as laid...
  46. G

MIDI Synth Shield for the Teensy

@Davidelvig - I am not planning on using the ADCs through the Audio Shield, but rather through the Teensy's I2C pins. I'm pretty sure the Audio Library will work without the Audio Shield, and the input from the ADCs will only be used for pitch detection, not for reproducing the signals via the...
  47. G

Hexaphonic (6 discrete channels) passive guitar pickup for pitch detection

Awesome project, wolke! Seems like you're really able to get rid of any audible latency, great job! Yeah, I would probably try to use the yin based detection then. I'm still not sure, from a hardware perspective, if the components I plan to use will do the job. I'm not using the 1/4" guitar...
  48. G

Looks great! Just a side note to re-iterate: I think 2 of these multichannel ADC boards (please see linked multi-channel ADC board from Adafruit) would provide the 6 digitized signals for processing, so I don't need 6 ADCs or 6 I2Cs. I just need the two multi-channel ADCs that provide at least...
  49. G

I was thinking that I could go with two of the ADS1015 boards for 8 ADC channels total, I would just need 2 I2C connections which I think the Teensy 3.6 can handle. The ADS1015 also has a programmable gain amplifier on it as well, I assume I'd need to amplify the pickup signals. The ADS1015 is...
  50. G

I was thinking it would fit nicely with the project I'm planning, which is to put an embedded poly synthesizer (Teensy based) inside the body of an electric guitar so I don't need to connect to a PC/Mac for using guitar-to-MIDI tech. Although, a DIN input wouldn't be necessary for what I'm...
Back