Search results

1. KE4EST

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Sorry guys I misread I thought I only had to add the new URL to 1.8.19. Installed fine now of course.
  2. KE4EST

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

I can't get it to show in Arduino 2.2x refreshed the package index a few times.
  3. KE4EST

Teensyduino 1.57 Beta #4

Works great here with RC9! Glad I can now use 2.0 with Teensy boards!
  4. KE4EST

New Programming Resource

Then you sir are a good candidate for Jacks book. It does not do the same ole same old thing as all others. If you read it AND do the exercises, it WILL teach you C. It will up your skills. I have read both and they are worth their weight in gold.
  5. KE4EST

Planned Forum Migration

Those can be turned off in the user preferences. :) Along with signatures and most other things that can be annoying. That is another thing I like about Xenforo so much more control for the users.
  6. KE4EST

Planned Forum Migration

We moved our forum over to Xenforo 4 years ago and have never looked back. You will find you will like Xenforo much, much better. Way more customizable, and their support is great and normally very fast!
  7. KE4EST

Teensyduino 1.49 Beta #5

So far so good...Win 10.
  8. KE4EST

Teensyduino 1.47 Released

Yes, Please. :)
  9. KE4EST

Yep that is how I knew. ;)
  10. KE4EST

Thanks, I will give it a try!
  11. KE4EST

I am using the one that came with Teensy install. I checked to make sure.
  12. KE4EST

I am getting the below error while trying to compile 4.0 with a RA8875 TFT. Will RA8875 be fixed in in 1.48? If this is another issue feel free to move this post, but all works fine on a 3.5 or 3.6 Teesy.
  13. KE4EST

Problem FreqCount Lib No read after 12MHz

Thanks for your thoughts. If this is the case that is most likely true. :(
  14. KE4EST

That makes sense. I will just compensate in software. Of course, I was just using that as an example, probably not the best. :) Yes, uint32_t is plenty. :)
  15. KE4EST

Paul I have another question. Could the library be optimized for the teensy 3.x boards that are a real 32-bit. Or perhaps have a library just for 3.x boards. Just thinking out loud here. The accuracy of the counter gets worse the higher in frequency you go, still pretty good for a home-brew...
  16. KE4EST

Thanks Paul. Looking at the data sheets, I really like the first one. I may just give that a try. :) Was hoping for a DIP chip but I can make that work.
  17. KE4EST

Thank you very much Paul, for making the video and thoroughly checking this out! The whole goal here is to make a full homebrew Frequency counter. Now if I could just come up with a divider circuit that can handle at least 150MHz. I tried the 74HC4017 and after around 50MHz I got erroneous...
  18. KE4EST

OK, getting somewhere here! Using an Si5351 circuit and rotary in encoder on another board as a test I got it to read up to 65MHz. I bypassed the circuit all together and fed the signal out of my test setup straight into the pin on the teensy, watching that voltage didn't go over 3.3V. Trying...
  19. KE4EST

Thanks for the reply! Funny how you just posted this and not only 10 minutes ago I bypassed the 74HC14 buffer. Still have the transistor circuit in place but now it is worse, it starts cutting out at around 5 MHz just like an Arduino uno. :( I looked at the data sheet for a 2N2222 and it says...
  20. KE4EST

Hello All first time poster. I have searched and search so I apologize if this has been asked or explained before. I am using the FreqCount library that Paul wrote on a teensy 3.5. It works really great until after about 10 MHz. Then it starts losing accuracy and then after 12 MHz it starts...
Back