Search results

1. T

Drum Pad coding help requested

Writing to the LCD... I use this technique to avoid the LCD hogging the main loop: 1. Set up an interval timer to run every 1 ms 2. Create a basic ring buffer for your characters, 128 characters is more than enough and Teensy isn't short of RAM. 3. Create consumer and producer pointers into the...
  2. T

Teensy Audio Library - thanks

I just wanted to say a couple of words about the Teensy audio library. I've been designing synths for more years than I can count although I only came to the Teensy library a few years ago. I've always wanted to build a good little poly synth on a decent well supported platform and, well, as...
  3. T

Stereo Plate Reverb for Teensy4.x

Was this wonderful module ever added to the Audio Library? Can't see it. Maybe I'm not up to date.
  4. T

error while trying to synchronize Audio and Midi (Logic Pro)

No crackling at all but then the test was not exhaustive i.e. I set it running and it worked as a proof of concept. The intention was always to migrate the project over to a Teensy 4.1. Looks very much like it. It's Midi data from Logic to the synth - Midi Clock for syncing and Midi Notes...
  5. T

Yeah, tried that. Not the highest quality cable but it's reliable. I use it to transfer movie footage off my phone so I know it works. Pretty sure this is down to the MacMini. It dates from 2011 so... yeah... not the zippiest of machines.
  6. T

Wondered if it was a Logic thing and recorded a brief passage into Audacity. The result was the same, lots of crackles and pops. When I look at the recorded data, there seem to be samples missing. Not many, but enough to mess the recording. I tried changing the latency of Logic - made no...
  7. T

Doubled the Audio memory to 300 and can confirm that there are no Interval timers running. Weird.
  8. T

Yet another update: 1. I've removed several of the debug messages that the instrument generates in the background and I can record into Logic without the error message 2. That said, the audio that is recorded is incredibly crackly. It's not what I heard on the phones coming out the back of the...
  9. T

Some additional information - it's a four oscillator poly synth. The oscillators are the usual waveMod oscillator generating band-limited waveforms. The synth architecture is very vanilla - single oscillator into the SVF. Two envelope shapers and one LFO, feeding into a couple of mixers and a...
  10. T

Hey, I'm using the normal 'Serial + Midi + Audio' option in the Tools->USB drop-down coupled to the standard Teensy audio library. Hence, the sample rate should be 44.1 kHz. I've programmed the same board (Teensy 3.5) to function as a bi-directional sound card so I know that works in that I...
  11. T

Good evening, This error pops up if I try to record a synth (running on a Teensy 3.5) in Logic Pro. I'm also sending Midi down the same USB cable. Theoretically, it should cope with the load. I've tried searching the forum but can't find anything obvious. Am I pushing the Teensy too hard...
  12. T

Audio GUI : Newbie problem

Hi Paul & Mark, Thanks for your help. I tried Mark's solution without success. Each time I export, the modules from the previous session are included in the GUI build. Following on from the above comments, I tried opening a Private window and that has worked as it should consistently. I'll...
  13. T

Audio GUI : Newbie problem

Exporting a design ready for the Teensyduino/Arduino IDE, I see a collection of objects apparently inherited from previous projects in the Export file. I can't figure out how to get rid of the unwanted nodes and start over from fresh. I tried wiping the Browser cache plus everything else I can...
  14. T

Teensy 3.5 versus Teensy 3.6

Ah ha! I added the Teensy 3.5 to the development board this morning (replacing the Teensy 3.6 I blew up in July) and, thus far, all is well. It runs smoothly with no obvious glitches. I've not tried the processor on anything too demanding (certainly not the Moog Ladder filter) but this processor...
  15. T

Teensy 3.5 versus Teensy 3.6

Cool Components in the UK have a stock of 50 off Teensy 3.5 units. My development platform runs on a Teensy 3.6, which are rarer than Hen's teeth these days. I've checked and checked the pin-outs for both boards and they look very close. Could I plug a Teensy 3.5 into the Teensy 3.6 slot and...
  16. T

I blew up my Teensy 3.6

We'll survive. I have a 3.6, two 4.0's and a 4.1 I can keep going with the current projects on the 3.6 but will design new base boards for the 4.0 and 4.1. Getting PCBs fabricated is no longer the expensive nightmare it used to be so... just keep plugging along! :)
  17. T

I blew up my Teensy 3.6

I got careless with my outputs and connected a power amp to the headphone output on my Teensy audio board, which killed my Teensy 3.6. Yeah, I know. I feel a right idiot. I have a spare 3.6 so development hasn't stopped but, if anyone in the UK has a Teensy 3.6 going spare and isn't asking...
  18. T

A DX7 (Fm synthesis) replacement with Dexed on a Teensy

Super happy! My little Echo / Teensy Development board now thinks it's a DX7. The solution to my earlier problems was to install the latest Arduino and Teensy bundles, and then compile on a clean platform, a MacMini running High Sierra. A couple of warnings but otherwise a clean build.
  19. T

Sounds like a good starting point...
  20. T

The most obvious culprit is the Newliquidcrystal Library, which is from an old legacy project. I moved it out of /documents/Arduino/libraries and that solved a number of problems. MD_Rencoder is causing the next round of problems, probably because it conflicts with the existing Encoder library...
  21. T

I spotted it... Doh! One of my other libraries is causing a conflict... :( Later : Nope, several other libraries are causing a conflict... Doh ^ 2.
  22. T

Puzzled... I tried to compile this on Arduino IDE 1.8.5 Teensy 1.47 and get loads of errors relating to the LCD and MS_Encoder libraries. Yes, I created the sub-directory 'libraries' in the sketch folder. :) I'll update Teensyduino later today and keep digging. Probably a config thing...
  23. T

Building and learning synthesis with Teensy - a resource I've made

Hi there, The link to supporting Github resource is a little broken. "This site can’t be reached githu.com refused to connect." Needs another 'b'... :)
  24. T

FLASHMEM error compiling output_spdif.cpp in new Audio library

I've encountered a FLASHMEM error compiling output_spdif.cpp in new Audio library (the Moog Ladder filter library). Hasn't held me up - just moved the offending files to another directory, recompiled and so far, so good. I'm not using SPDIF anyway. Tool chain works with the default Audio...
  25. T

Building and learning synthesis with Teensy - a resource I've made

Expanding upon what I said above, which was a little minimal, I liked the way you posted whole code examples, which work. There were several instances where I thought "Hey! That's better than my method!". I also liked the interactive apps. A useful tool for visualising the synthesis process...
  26. T

well done...

It's good, isn't it? I made similar progress with my own audio projects after years of wrestling with various platforms that ... just weren't good enough.
  27. T

Teensy 3.6 Development System

Here's our first "Milestone" video illustrating the progress with our Echo Synthesiser thus far. It presently uses any of the built-in audio functions, which sound rather good. https://youtu.be/aQtm3reWOAU 3 x PolyBLEP oscillators, each with it's own LFO White Noise generator 12db/Oct State...
  28. T

Teensy serial Tool seems to crash iMac

Third time this has happened. Pretty heavy development session using Arduino IDE 1.8.5 into Teensy 3.6 board. 2013 iMac running High Sierra 10.13.6, 8GB memory. Symptoms : machine slows down, activity monitor doesn't show anything useful. Teensy serial doesn't respond when attempting to...
  29. T

My bad entirely. I had the Delay connected up incorrectly - only one of the elements connected when I should have had all four. Sorted now. Presently trying to get the delay time to sync to MIDI clock.
  30. T

New Audio Object: polyBLEP Oscillator with bandlimited hard-sync

Tested on my Teensy 3.6 synth and this sounds good. Noticeable difference when compared with the standard oscillators.
  31. T

I now have a rather basic mono synth working. The sound quality from the audio board is good, and way better than the DACs on the Arduino DUE I had been using in a previous version. Adding pitch bend and modulation wheel today. Can't get the delay unit to work as expected. I also have a...
  32. T

Sure. Let me get it to the point where it's doing something interesting instead of the generic copied mono synth project and I'll upload a vid.
  33. T

It uses a routine PJRC audio board for good quality sound. In this initial build, I've set it up to use a couple of oscillators, LP/HP filter, envelope generators etc so it's a very conventional virtual analogue instrument that plays by MIDI and USB. Version 01-01 will use band-limited...
  34. T

Evening all, It took a while but I finally got my Teensy 3.6-based synthesiser development system up and running. Two of them actually, A and B, so we can develop on one and test the other in the studio.
Back