Search results

1. J

Possible to determine which teensy board from bootloader?

Hi, I have a custom program that knocks Teensy 4.1 into bootloader mode then programs it from a hex file. Is there a way to detect which teensy I am connected to while in the bootloader? There is a chance people will try to use it to program a teensy 4.0 which I don't want to happen. I have...
  2. J

Issues powering back up after using super cap

Hi, I've had a look around and can't see anything definitive, so any help is appreciated. I have set up a 1.5F super cap which keeps the teensy running for a short time after power is removed. If you wait for the cap to discharge then reconnect the power, the teensy starts up fine. However...
  3. J

Known CAN hardware bugs on old CPU

OK no problem, thought it was worth asking. We are doing some quite important CAN communication including not just data logging but firmware upgrades as well, so slightly concerned about potential (although unlikely?) issues or bugs with the older chips. Suppliers still seem to be sending out...
  4. J

Known CAN hardware bugs on old CPU

"Teensy 4.1 manufactured after July 2021 has U1 part number MIMXRT1062DVJ6B. Prior boards had the older version ending with "A". The "B" version fixes obscure hardware bugs with CAN bus and USB device isochronous mode." I am using the teensy 4.1 that I have for CAN bus and 2/3 are the "A"...
  5. J

Writing to PROGMEM variable/struct

Thought it might be useful in case someone else is looking to do this, but I came up with a way of being able to write as well as read to PROGMEM located variables. In my real project we had several nested structs that we need to be able to access "normally" in program code, but we wanted to be...
  6. J

Command line only compile (not upload) with arduino-builder

Hi Paul, You didn't have to explain yourself but thanks for the info, it is interesting. Maybe not a teensy but I definitely got an arduino of some sort completely stuck rebooting in the past and it was very difficult to program it again. The backup method of programming the teensy does make...
  7. J

Right thanks. I did read p2 but the reasoning wasn't there. If it is needed when the board might be in some strange state then sure, fair enough.
  8. J

Sorry edited previous post while you were typing. Not sure what the point of the post build hook is, if it doesn't actually end up doing anything.
  9. J

arduino-cli was the first thing I tried but it wasn't working, I need to try it again really. I did try newer versions of arduino IDE as well but they were segfaulting just from arduino-builder runs.. so that's why I'm on 1.8.13 I found a solution for now, I ran strace to find out what was...
  10. J

Thanks, I just tried with compile and a few other options, it still tries to open the loader. I just realised that it does actually work in general (compiles) but then complains about not being able to open the teensy loader which was making my script exit with an error level set. The hex file...
  11. J

Hi, My goal is to run a compilation only test (think CI/CD), I have searched and found lots of info but can't figure this out quite. I am trying to use arduino-builder, it does work but for whatever reason it really wants to open the gui version of teensy loader, even when not carrying out an...
Back