Search results

1. B

C# HMI comm with micro

Thanks Paul, That was my general understanding, although you detailed it much better than I could have. For a while I chased down the CDC ACM path and didn't find my answer. At least I can start picking apart why the example luni gave works, and none of the other examples I found did even...
  2. B

C# HMI comm with micro

luni, You gave me a starting point, and I appreciate it. Thanks bo
  3. B

C# HMI comm with micro

OK, thank you, finally some sign of progress. I do get the console to start scrolling the numbers 48 through 57 and they aren't always sequential, so I'm a bit confused about that. I would have suspected that they would start near 0 and just continue to increment until you stopped or it went...
  4. B

C# HMI comm with micro

I guess I'm a little puzzled.... do DTR and RTS apply when you're doing serial over a USB port? I can see hardware serial, but I never thought they were used when making a serial-over-usb connection. I'm knee deep in another portion of the system and haven't looked at it yet.
  5. B

C# HMI comm with micro

I'll look into DTR. Is there any way to snoop the serial port and see whats going on there? Really don't feel like learning Wireshark or Lorris Toolbox (or something similar), and I'm not even sure if they could do what I need. This is turning into a strange roadblock for me. I didn't...
  6. B

C# HMI comm with micro

If any has familiarity with this process, I would appreciate you taking a quick look. I'm trying the simplest form of this and not understanding what I'm missing. The example of this is on https://www.hackster.io/haoming-weng/c-arduino-gui-to-control-the-led-0877f8. The Arduino code is...
  7. B

C# HMI comm with micro

bigpilot: From my understanding, the comm port defaults to that, but Ill look and make sure. defragster: I will look at that link and hopefully learn something. I have managed to find a VB10 program that acts as a terminal program and does turn on and off my LED. I'm going to dissect it and...
  8. B

C# HMI comm with micro

defragster, thanks for replying. I think I understand you to say that an EOL or CR being sent could be tripping it up as a "non 1". I'm not seeing that using SerMon or RealTerm, they both persistently change the LED. Changed it anyway to just to remove that ambiguity. if...
  9. B

C# HMI comm with micro

No success. Tried giving it delay(2000) and still nothing. Also tried RealTerm and it worked sending an ASCII 1 and 0. Still a serial terminal, but an independent one to see if there was a difference. bo
  10. B

C# HMI comm with micro

Sorry, the Arduino code works, and is very basic so I can test, so I didn't think to post it. const int LedPin = 13; int ledState = 0; void setup() { pinMode(LedPin, OUTPUT); Serial.begin(9600); } void loop() { char receiveVal; if (Serial.available() > 0) { receiveVal =...
  11. B

C# HMI comm with micro

Hi all, Trying to build an interface with some buttons to communicate with a micro. No joy. Win10, VS17, Arduino 1.8.5. Eventually going to be run on a Win7 tablet. I can successfully sent commands in the Serial Monitor, but C# will not open the comm port (COM5 in this case) and do the same...
  12. B

Teensyduino Install Error

Thanks loads guys. Turned out to be a combination of both of your suggestions. The root of this was that I blew up a Teensy (or at least bricked it pretty good) and had to replace it on an assembly. Tried to go back and reload the new one and no joy. Of course, by now, I was on a new laptop...
  13. B

Teensyduino Install Error

Sorry to revive an old thread, but the issue is new to me. Arduino 1.8.5 on Win10. Revisited a project that used a Teensy 3.2 and can't get it to install 1.42. Originally the Arduino was installed from the .zip, so I went back and used the installer. They are in the default location. The...
  14. B

Atfr212b-zu

They're working. problem its on an installed system, and I need to add another node to it. I was trying to understand it before I did, like be able to read the ID and such. May have to get a bit more creative. Thanks bo
  15. B

Atfr212b-zu

I have been doing that for three days, Otto. And ATRF212B-ZU, ATRF212B, ATRF212, and anything else I can think of. For some bizarre reason, I'm coming up with nothing but AT86RF212, hence the request. Even been reading the AT86RF212 datasheets to find the magic words "this is a direct...
  16. B

Atfr212b-zu

Hi all, Ran into an interesting challenge.. got handed a project that uses atmel ATRF212B-ZU radio chips and I haven't been able to find a datasheet for it for a few days. I can't remember when I couldn't find a datasheet!. It's in a system that has 6 or 7 nodes and I'm tasked with adding 2...
  17. B

OneWire device( DS18B20) reported present by reset but is actually abscent

Thanks Pete, I try not to ask stupid questions, but the flow of this one had me puzzled, and the searches I was finding weren't helping me. Thanks for taking the time to walk me through it. Mark
  18. B

Thanks for the reply, Actually, that was just a copy of the example so I left it intact. I am looking for 0x28 and 0x3B in a test program that I'm exploring, but that wasn't the heart of my confusion. I'm looking to understand how to properly use the OneWire library. Mark
  19. B

OK, maybe to elaborate on my ignorance a bit, from Paul's Example: #include <OneWire.h> /* DS18S20 Temperature chip i/o */ OneWire ds(10); // on pin 10 void setup(void) { Serial.begin(9600); } void loop(void) { byte i; byte present = 0; byte data[12]; byte addr[8]; if (...
  20. B

If someone wouldn't mind explaining this a bit more, or pointing where I can learn it better, I would appreciate it. Currently, I'm reading 5) DS18B20's and 4) MAX31850's individually and hard coding the addresses, but would like to read them while they are all hooked, pause after a valid...
  21. B

EEPROM confusion

I admire your depth and willingness to offer so much help to us. I can only imagine how frustrating it can be at times. If its any comfort, I will try to use as many Teensys as possible to keep it worth your while. ;-) Mark
  22. B

EEPROM confusion

Thanks Paul, Of course, once you give in and write a question to a forum, you seem to find a solution and look like an idiot just before you can edit your post. Oh well. Actually, your answer helps me understand why I was having problems. I found a way, but didn't see it the way you explained...
  23. B

EEPROM confusion

Hi all, I have been trying to use EEPROM on a Teensy 3.1 and I am having problems. Can anyone point me in a useful direction? (arduino 1.6.5, Teensy loader 1.25-beta2) #include <EEPROM.h> int i = 0; int os; int value; int cond; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); for (int i = 0; i < 12...
  24. B

How to override built-in libraries reliably

Thank you. That explains bunches. I'm trying to get caught up on this platform and there are a few bumps. Onward and upward... Bo
  25. B

How to override built-in libraries reliably

Would you mind expanding that explanation a bit? I'm having a similar problem. Just upped to 1.25-beta2 and the latest teensyduino and I'm getting all kinds of issues. I'm not at my home machine, so I cant post the code or errors just yet, but I'm getting a couple of errors: redefinition of...
  26. B

Two blown Teensy 3.1's

Actually in the middle of a board layout for something along those lines. Got a ways to go and I don't want to make a coaster, so a bit more testing (and learning) before I commit.
  27. B

Two blown Teensy 3.1's

I agree with it being a good subject for the wiki, and I look forward to it. I guess my concern in the short term is to emphasize somewhere just how easy it is to breeze past this important step. Maybe i'm just sore at myself for making a dumb mistake twice, but the pain of waiting for new...
  28. B

Two blown Teensy 3.1's

My issues are not directly related to the same conditions as mentioned in the thread, but the title reflects it best. Recent convert to a Teensy, and have already blown up the second one. Hopefully, the next two that I have coming will arrive shortly. I am not new to electronics or...
  29. B

Questions on Teensy 3.1 components

Wow, your Teensy must be getting pretty popular, Paul. I went to Digikey to look for the dual diodes, and the suggested "what other people are looking at" at the bottom of the page was the Freescale MK20 processor and the 16Mhz crystal. Big leagues now! The reason for said search was a stupid...
  30. B

Sanity Check: custom teensy pcb design (circuitmaker)

I wish I could produce a final version of a PCB on the first try. Doesn't happen often enough and I have just resigned myself to planning on a blue wire on the first version and a redo. There always seems to be assumptions that you make and later find out were wrong. You have been likely...
Back