Search results

1. F

Shooting chronograph using a teensy 4.0?

I'm fairly sure its possible. but no idea how to do it. or what parts to use. any help or any one done anything similar
  2. F

Performance measurements with a logic analyzer

arent ws2812 leds rather on the slow side? max speed of like 800khz or something?
  3. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

thanks! I can say it does assemble easier, even though theres more parts :)
  4. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

okay, got the first one assembled except for the socket kit, now to do the teensy. loglow can you send me a second socket kit for the other set?
  5. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

got my 2 boards. they look good! will examine them a bit more later. but the d+ d- traces look okay. will examine the sd card signals too. but this looks like we might have a winner..
  6. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

no joy for me yet. maybe thursday.
  7. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

well I didnt get mine yet. maybe today. as its 5am at the moment. back to sleep for a bit for me.
  8. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

yes, happy hollidays to all! I hope everyone has a good holiday!
  9. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

awesome! cant wait to start assembling and testing.
  10. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

alright I have my 2 purple teensy 4.0's now. I'm ready to start assembling :) just need the updated pcb.
  11. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

same here as well
  12. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

welcome loglow
  13. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

okay so I just checked the pcb, and I cant see anything wrong with it, no shorts to any other sd card pins. so fixing the flex would fix the sd card I do believe. I might see if I can patch the pcb to fix the issue on one of these, waiting on 2 fresh t4's from osh park first though. it looks...
  14. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

I also am seeing what defragster and etmoody3 see on the flex cable.. teensy side pcb side dat1 -> dat1 dat0 -> dat0 clk -> d- this d- -> clk and this signal need to be swapped.. d+ -> d+ cmd -> cmd dat3...
  15. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

just got my kits as well. and I like what I'm seeing so far. very nicely done! maybe tomorrow I'll get time to work on one and get to testing.. I work a lot now. so not as much free time :)
  16. F

Future Teensy features & pinout

so she is the glue that holds the whole thing together?
  17. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

this version of the a2 board marked 2019-8-29 has the correct pinout for the sd card as far as I can tell.. for the sockets we have now the a2 version I have. dated 2019-8-30 looks exactly like the 2019-10-19 marked a3, well not exactly but close.. they are in the same sequence.. so unless the...
  18. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

yes welcome back dan!
  19. F

Pins to bring out on a hypothetical larger Teensy4

we have had people ask for concurrent port pins. port0-7 and 8-15 to be able to do faster I/O dont know of thats possible but I'm sure some people would love to have this.
  20. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

It's okay take your time. M
  21. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

so dan, any news? good or bad dont matter. :) can't wait to try the updated version. I have somewhat horrible vision and I didnt have a lot of issues soldering things. even that tiny cap and power chip. :) dont have the proper no clean flux, but some rubbing alcohol and a tooth brush just for...
  22. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

glad you had a safe trip. and its gonna be fun to try and fix it with enameled wire
  23. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

I got a message that said stuff would ship this past thursday. so no idea what happened. Have to wait and see I guess. havent decided if I'm gonna desolder the sd card socket and try and rewire it myself but thats lots of tiny wires :) I dont have any wire wrap wire. might have some enameled...
  24. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

anyone heard from @loglow lately?
  25. F

SdFat SDIO for Teensy 4.0

the issue seems to me a bad pcb design. so cant test code. the sd wires are flipped
  26. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

its okay, its good to have my conclusions double checked
  27. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

if you look at the pinout card, pin 39 at the red end actually connects to 34 I used a 'scope probe and actually tested under power. and saw the signals I did and recorded on that post. those signals are in the wrong spots for the sd card
  28. F

Teensy 4.0 First Beta Test

loglow pcb error. check your pcb with a dmm and a sdcard pinout and you should get the same result I did on the breakout comment. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/57122-Teensy-4-0-Breakout-Kit?p=216296&viewfull=1#post216296
  29. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

also my breakout is TD-T40B-A2
  30. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

dont forget when you put the sd card in the socket. you flip it over. so pin one is now on the bottom
  31. F

Teensy 4.0 First Beta Test

there is a reason it wont. its not the teensy, its the breakout , the sdio pinout is flipped..
  32. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

dat2 is 312.5 hz dat3 is 156.5 hz cmd is 5.0 khz 3v is 3.36volt clk is 2.50 khz gnd is gnd dat0 is 1.25 khz dat1 is 625 hz so I know the teensy side is working. however it looks to be a bad routing. the connections at the socket are not where they should be going. okay so if you look at...
  33. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

So far I haven't gotten my t4 to read SD cards. Using the updated sdfat for t4. The same program reads the SD card I tried on the t4 on a t3.6 all my SD pins seem to work on the t4 breakout, is there something wrong with the layout maybe? I don't have the t4 mounted yet only have the flex in...
  34. F

on a 3.6 I need to put this BUILTIN_SDCARD but on t4 put it back to SS I guess my soldering job on the sd pins isnt good enough then as I get a error on t4 when running that says no sd card or bad wiring
  35. F

How do I use the Teensy 4.0 SPI feature to communicate with Protocentral's ADS1220

one thing I can see, is you have commented out the adc.begin line. thats probably needed before the adc.read will work. as for the rest, have you tried the demo code included with that lib (if there is such)
  36. F

Another Teensy 4.0 Breakout Board

its interesting.
  37. F

hrmm, for t3.6 I have to use BUILTIN_SDCARD I tried that on t4 and it gives me SdInfo:22: error: 'BUILTIN_SDCARD' was not declared in this scope const uint8_t SD_CS_PIN = BUILTIN_SDCARD;
  38. F

I had the beta version, but I just copied it over the older version, apparently that doesnt work :) Do I need to set it to builtin sdcard thing? or is that automatic for the t4? removed the directory and copied a fresh one into my lib dir and it now complies thanks, no idea if its gonna work...
  39. F

apparently I dont know what I'm doing, when I try and compile the sdinfo sketch I get a bunch of errors Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), TD: 1.47-beta7, Board: "Teensy 4.0, Serial, Faster, US English" D:\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware D:\Arduino\hardware -hardware...
  40. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

that little switch in the sd card socket isnt connected to anything, so it doesnt matter.
  41. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

once I have my headers, I can attach the t4 to the breakout board and give it a try.
  42. F

EEPROM.write

the t4 does the same
  43. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

okay, so resoldered pin 24 and it too functions. so now just need the low profile headers from loglow and then I can test the rest of it, btw if you put a thin bit of paper on the top side of the flex, it will hold better in the socket on the breakout. might also get better connections.. I...
  44. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

its documented in a lots of places.. its a anti brick thing programmed in the bootloader, and supposedly its a feature of all teensy's I think.
  45. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

remove the battery too. then try the 15 second reset.plug it into usb, hold programming button for 15 seconds..
  46. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

okay, so put the headers on, and the flex cable, according to the pintest, the only pin I'm having issues with is 24. I need to re solder that one and see if it comes back all the pins on the flex I could test work. does the D+ and D- have arduino pin numbers I can use with the test program?
  47. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

ah well then I wont put them on yet. need to make sure all the pins are working first. waiting for my socket kit to be shipped/get here.
  48. F

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

checked the connections between the flex and the breakout (flex wasnt soldered to teensy yet) and they are good. did a clean of the breakout with the 91% I have (ordered 99%) and it looks much better now :) found a tiny pair of tweezers to put the resistors on, (are they needed?) trimed the 2x5...
  49. F

indicator lights for buttons

I personally do not. I hope someone will chime in, but basicly. if you set the button for falling edge. then check for the next falling edge and unset it that way it will be off till you hit the button, then when you hit the button again it will be off.. basicly set a flag that you check during...
  50. F

indicator lights for buttons

there is a way to do that yes.
Back