Search results

1. W

4.0/4.1 crystals and 1 more thing.

Hey All, Do to the IC shortage and all, I need to know a few things to make sure I have selected the correct components. The crystals for use in the teensy 4.0 I selected what seems to be available FC-135 32,768KA-K0 I think it matches to the spec's the link it sent me too from here. The...
  2. W

4.0/4.1 crystals

Anybody have idea what are the part numbers of the crystals used on the 4.0/4.1 teensy. Currently updating an old design from the 3.2 teensy to either 4.0 or 4.1 (4.1 less all the fancy parts) I tried reading the tops, but cant locate the product. And forgot how to determine the pF values...
  3. W

Custom Teensy 3.6 - K66 not booting

PC will not see serial until you program something. When I get a new board, hooking it up the PC see nothing.. I then program it, the teesy loader does its thing and walla, serial pops up. I then can use the loader to do the rest of my boards. I looked over your schematic and the last one I...
  4. W

Creating pulse 5us width

"It works great".. This is from the company that wanted this handset. Thus I duplicated the signals correctly! I tell you, that's a lot of pressure off this old man. With everyone's help, it amazes me what can be done. And just how great a program Paul has made with the Teensy. The 1st...
  5. W

Simblee Help.

I had to use Simblee again and found arm-none-eabi-g++ had been updated which look as if it broke Simblee upload. I renamed the new to allow for the older one to work. Thanks for keeping this up and running.
  6. W

Creating pulse 5us width

I will look into pads.. had looked into Altium..
  7. W

Creating pulse 5us width

Ok, I like to fix the program flow for this project. It is working good, but I think using if else statements is kind of a problem. I use the if statement to digitalRead 1 of 16 inputs going low. I also in the statement added conditions to block out any other digitaReads from working...
  8. W

Creating pulse 5us width

Live and Learn.. You can if you do not place a pulseIn(xxxx,HIGH) right after pulseIn(xxxx,LOW) Also, I know the code repeats at 75ms. So when I get a value over 74000 I should start my reads. I however loose the 1st pulse I think.. I had to stop and program a old Simblee chip to find out...
  9. W

Creating pulse 5us width

I'm back.. Now since this is working.. I need to make a test fixture. (Machines cost $$$).. This is a Manchester code.. So here is the original scope image of a NOKEY condition (no buttons pressed) NOKEY And here is the Teensy 3.2 image of NOKEY NOKEY Teensy Here are some other for...
  10. W

Can't run project.

This is amazing.. I have yet to have any bad loader chips when used in pre-production boards that I soldered components on. I have done a few.. over 25 if I recall. The only issue that the schematic software that I used to make the PCB pulled the wrong foot print for the IC. This has happen 2...
  11. W

Arm and Engage relays with 1 button

Success... Works really good. Did lower the >1000 to >300 and works great. Thanks a bunch.. If -Then are good. I did use Switch Case on another project of which PJRC ends up selling a few bootloaders once in awhile. Note to Paul, If the 2800 project (not this one) goes and works with the...
  12. W

Wow, never did I think of switch case. I'm going to give this a go.. This is a great help. Note: don't type and hiccup at the same time.. Does not work well when typing..
  13. W

Code: Not at all clean... unsigned long time_now = 0; unsigned long time_now2 = 0; int LED = 25; int LED2 = 26; int SW = 23; int SWwasLO = 0; int noGO = 0; int norepeat = 0; void setup() { Serial.begin(115200); pinMode(LED, OUTPUT); pinMode(LED2, OUTPUT); pinMode(SW, INPUT_PULLUP)...
  14. W

Yup, if I do it pass a few seconds or before the timeout of 9 secs, the Engage relay pops on and off.. quick but it could cause an issue.. If I do it within a sec or a little more it does not engage the Engage relay..
  15. W

I'm trying to use millis() in this setup and have an issue.. Here is the info: The conditions: (one pedal) Press pedal once activates the ARM relay. If pedal is not pressed in 9 secs drop ARM relay. If pedal is pressed within 9 secs engage the Expose Relay and hold the ARM relay until pedal is...
  16. W

Simblee Help.

If you had RFduino installed, it is still on your system. I made a document on how-to move it and to get it working on Windows. I've attached the txt file.
  17. W

Creating pulse 5us width

Well, I just compared the original to the teensy emulated device waveforms. I have 17 conditions in a IF and ese if's after 1st if statement. The action call voids to complete the waveform. So I have a start waveform and if no action of a button, defaults to a void nokey. If you press a...
  18. W

Creating pulse 5us width

So I decided to try a SAMD21 type board using the same routine.. Wow what a difference.. It did not work as well, in fact it was pretty bad.. I could not get the pulse to 5 us at all. The waveform did a bit of breathing.. Kind of a wave at a game. I even tried all sorts of times and...
  19. W

IntervalTimer is not precise

Well, as it turns out, the teensy 3.2 is duplication the code nicely. It compares to the original handset really well..
  20. W

Simblee Help.

Yes it is.. I did do the same with the tools added and it works as well. Loaded the blink sketch into the RFDuino and it worked ok.. Simblee works as well since I loaded my file into it.
  21. W

Simblee Help.

Ok, I was on the right track, but I went a bit to much in the adding folders. Found on Arduino website that a user posted this structure: {sketchbook folder} |_hardware |_zvipesh |_avr |_boards.txt He stated this is how you add boards, but I decided to use the hardware...
  22. W

Simblee Help.

If I find away I'll let you know.. How to install without a URL if we have the file..
  23. W

Simblee Help.

Just do not go to the board manager if you have the links in preferences or you end up in the same boat as me. I have 2 Microsoft tablets and another laptop with files on it. I will try to backup the arduino15 folder and delete the url's and hopefully I can move it back to my main computer. So...
  24. W

Simblee Help.

Yup, I still have the complete simblee located in the arduino15 which I moved to the main program location on my C drive in hardware. Fixed the missing txt stuff but ended up with Platform tools being unknown Not sure if I need to edit something, but I have all the files.. Maybe I need to look...
  25. W

Simblee Help.

Ok, I know this is only PJRC, but, I'm trying to recover the lost of the simblee board on the arduino IDE. I think when I went into the board manager and still having the url in preferences it deleted the boards because the link has been taken down. I still have existence of the simblee in...
  26. W

Creating pulse 5us width

Thanks Paul, Looking into now.. Accuracy a bit off on what I'm doing, like 5 us is 5.2 us.. I was called back into work today for something else and I can stay and play.
  27. W

Creating pulse 5us width

I have so far created the actual code. Still hard coded. Need to figure out how to do it with not using delayMicroseconds option. Elapsetimer I think I need to use. Scratch the above.. I was looking over Delay and Timings Functions and saw noInterrupts(); mentioned. So I know I'm not using...
  28. W

Creating pulse 5us width

Using Micros, and setting up for 5 off/5 on, I could never get to 5 us. It was like 6.9 us and would change width every so often. I set speed to 120 overclock and faster with pure code and LTO. The 3.5 handled it great. I'm playing with ShiftOut now but moving to SPI. Seeing if I can just...
  29. W

Creating pulse 5us width

So I tried both my Teensy 3.1 and the 3.5 and found the 3.5 can produce a accurate 5 us square wave. I'm will now look into using SPI. I think I might be able to create 10000110 code or like to send. I looked at it yesterday, if I can make it 5 us wide. wish there was something like...
  30. W

Creating pulse 5us width

well all, this is more likely my last project for work before I retire. (unless they want me to work from home which will be somewhere in Arizona and out of cold Utah.) I'm thinking of using the Teensy 3.2(3.1 I have to play with) and or using the teensy 3.5 which we have in our current products...
  31. W

Custom Teensy 3.2 Board: Board Not Recognized by PC

The MK20 has no loaded software. The MKL02 if bought from PJRC will have the bootloader. I have had 3.2 type devices on my own PCA's and now moved to 3.5 type on newer PCA's and have little to no issues. Well, the 1st runs are my mistakes but the work out was ok and went ahead to produce...
  32. W

Custom board using MKL04 - yield problems

These are the crystal that I have been using ABM3B-16.000MHZ-10. I have used them on our older boards (3.2 types) and the newer boards (3.5) using the same IC you are using. 50 boards all programmed.
  33. W

Teensy Qt

Koromix, That did the trick. Reset Application did the trick. Thanks man..
  34. W

Teensy Qt

Works on the laptop fine. This computer is a new Dell and still reports can not upload and that it is not a Teensy 3.5 connected. The original Teensy 3.5 from the store reports good. Again, the bootloader on this board has the leads and is the only difference.
  35. W

Teensy Qt

The boards on a windows 7 get the teensy 3.5 correct. Do not know why this computer does not. I have a laptop and will check it on that. it is also windows 10 64bit.. Lets see what it shows tomorrow.
  36. W

Teensy Qt

This seems to be a problem on my computer Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. On a windows 7 it shows correctly.. I will dig into this more to find out what is different.
  37. W

Teensy Qt

Listing USB host controllers and root hubs Found root USB hub 'USB\ROOT_HUB30\5&2BE7B85E&0&0' with ID 0 Found root USB hub 'USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&2688FB7A&0&0' with ID 1 Examining device node 'ACPI\PNP0501\0' Unknown device type for 'ACPI\PNP0501\0' Examining device node...
  38. W

Teensy Qt

Ok, took a screen shot of the TYcommander and the PCA..
  39. W

Teensy Qt

Let you know, on a designed board with MK64FX512VDM12 and bootloader MKL04Z32_TQFP32, the software reports it as 3.1 and not 3.5. Thus, Teensy QT will not flash the software. Teensy Loader works fine. Thought I pass this info to you.
  40. W

Teensy 3.5 RX1 PTB16 RX1

Ok, how much faster is the 3.5 vs the 3.2 uPc. I dug up my old notes from when I was developing this back in 2014 and found the string of code from the workstation. HEX (Decimal and Action) Start: 0D (13 '5' CR's) 3C (60 Software Reset) 44 (68 Report Transfer On) 32 (55 Get Error Report) Send...
  41. W

Teensy 3.5 RX1 PTB16 RX1

Don't do anything. I might be missing something in the code. I did a compare of reads between the old and new and find the last code needs something. So hold the phone and I will report back.
  42. W

Teensy 3.5 RX1 PTB16 RX1

Paul, The recv is Decimal that I read in, but I send HEX back out because the machine understands that better. You should see that in that part of the code. So besides this, we have an IT guy looking for Hard drive and pulling me away. They wanted me drive that I use from my computer.. They...
  43. W

Teensy 3.5 RX1 PTB16 RX1

I will post the code that has the issue. Maybe too big, I zip it up. Code is uploaded. I think I have most info rem'''
  44. W

Teensy 3.5 RX1 PTB16 RX1

On the system, it would read Decimals. 1st is 55, when I saw that I would send HEX back. The 50, then send a HEX back and the last 42 and start touch screen. More info: This is on a workstation for C-Arm systems. I have used the Teensy 3.2 IC's and boot for a few years (3 I think) and has worked...
  45. W

Teensy 3.5 RX1 PTB16 RX1

On the system, it would read Decimals. 1st is 55, when I saw that I would send HEX back. The 50, then send a HEX back and the last 42 and start touch screen. More info: This is on a workstation for C-Arm systems. I have used the Teensy 3.2 IC's and boot for a few years (3 I think) and has worked...
  46. W

Teensy 3.5 RX1 PTB16 RX1

I seem to be having an issue with the RX1 input to the Teensy 3.5 Serial1.begin(9600, SERIAL_8N2); seems to fail reading in correctly. The older 3.2 I use to use would read the values from a system as 55 then 50, and last 42. This program would respond to each code and send a HEX code out. This...
  47. W

LEDs flicker when switches are pressed

Is this on a UNO board and if you are using the 5vdc from the board, are you maxing out the 5vdc current. Are you possibly seeing the scan of the outputs of the IC's. Long ago on old portable vcr's, you could see the leds blink a little
  48. W

Serial's and Teensy 3.1 to Teensy 3.5

But as it turns out, I'm not using those anyways. Never hooked them up which means.. Boards be ok. I'm getting forgetful.. Time to retire...
  49. W

So I looked over what I did and why this confusion came up. It is different on the MK64 manual vs the MK66 manual. Starting at Pin 23 to Pin 26 for the LQFP column shows that the MAPBGA changes between the 2 data sheets. Pin numbers used so you can find it faster. MK66...
  50. W

Ok, I got a 3.5 Teensy, and one of our original boards using 2 Teensy's 3.2 circuits and wired in the 3.5 onto the board (I did remove the IC's) and added the 1 additional cirucits. I have combined the previous software into 1 and made changes for selection using a switch. Condition are...
Back