Search results

1. M

is TeensyTransfer built for Apple Silicon?

If i can get one of those MTP sketches going on my teensy, what do i then use on the Mac side?
  2. M

is TeensyTransfer built for Apple Silicon?

Hi, I'm trying to find the teensytransfer utility, so I can throw a sound on my good ol' Prop Shield. The github repo for this tool seem to be shifting around a little bit; a lot of pointers to that repo here in the forums are 404 . Googling around, I've found versions of this tool compiled...
  3. M

teensy 3.6 USB host hangs when USB device plugged in

I think that was the problem. It must be getting called automatically by the Arduino environment somewhere, and i was calling it a second time so something was getting doubled up. Without that, it's behaving better now. Thanks!
  4. M

Hi, My test devices are full-speed, 12mbit. I turned on the debugging and got this at startup: USB Host InputFunctions example sizeof Device = 36 sizeof Pipe = 96 sizeof Transfer = 64 power up USBHS PHY reset waited 5 USBHS_ASYNCLISTADDR = 0 USBHS_PERIODICLISTBASE = 1FFF3000 periodictable =...
  5. M

Hi all, Is there general pointer to gotchas/tips for solving USB Host-mode problems, on Teensy 3.6, or in general? Today I've got everything wired together, using the USB host cable from PJRC. But at the moment the symptom is that Teensy hangs the moment I plug in a USB client device. (Log...
  6. M

My working sketch is broken after Arduino 2.0 and/or Teensy 1.57 upgrade

Thanks for all the ideas! I finally figured this out, and it's not directly due to Arduino or Teensy versions at all. In fact, the compile succeeds (on various versions) with optimization->Fast, but fails with (the default?) optimization->Faster . I never ever touch that setting; I thought...
  7. M

Hi, I've been experimenting with this and found a curious clue, but still basically no success. TLDR: I got it working just once with an older version, then I tried a newer version that failed ... and then the older version didn't work any more either. I deleted ~/Library/Arduino* many times...
  8. M

Thanks, I think I follow you ... but all my computers are Macs. What else can I try? Reinstall from scratch? Or can I manually delete-out the 2.0 files that 1.8.x is finding?
  9. M

Thanks for the advice. I tried it. 2.0 let me uninstall, and then 1.8.16 was still able to build ... but the bug remains. For the record, I also tried restoring the Arduino15 directory from yesterday, and things are still screwed. So maybe it's something else? (I wish I had done a test build...
  10. M

Hi all, i'm having a weird issue & could use some advice: I thought it would be a harmless experiment to try installing arduino 2.0, but the firmware it compiled malfunctions on my board -- and furthermore I can't figure out how to back out of the upgrade! Everything was working fine with...
  11. M

Raspberry Pi Pico

As I understand it, Teensy Audio makes significant use of the DSP/vector instructions of the Coretex M4 instruction set to do high-performance audio processing. RP2040's cores are just M0+ cores ... perfectly nice, friendly cores but they lack those DSP instructions. I'd love to be wrong about...
  12. M

using an isr to set a boolean vs. just looking at the flag ...

Yeah, the last two things mostly. =) I'll try it out and see if I can measure the difference. Thanks!
  13. M

I guess my point is: I want to use the polling paradigm. I assume it's cheaper, because I don't need to poll nearly as often as the signal goes high. I just need to know that it went high at least once since the last poll. But in fact I cannot use polling here, because the PWM signal I'm trying...
  14. M

Whoops, no I didn't. I'm using the 3.2 . =)
  15. M

Hi, In my code I've got a minimal ISR that sets a volatile boolean. Later in the main loop I test the boolean. Very simple, works great. But this ISR gets called at 2000hz, and I'm hunting for more cycles, so I am wondering about optimizations. As I understand it, the mcu is configured so a...
  16. M

Teensy 3.2 won't wake from deepSleep after low battery is replaced

Hi, My current Teensy 3.2 project is powered by 2 AAA batteries, which provide somewhere between 2.5 and 3 volts. Less than it's supposed to be, I know. And yet it all pretty much works. However I'm sometimes seeing a curious problem with waking from sleep. Using the Snooze library, the...
  17. M

Apple's new M1 (ARM based) Macintosh

I have a Mac Mini M1. Teensyduino seems to work just fine, but OTOH I have been seeing occasional kernel panics only when Teensyduino is left running. I don't know for sure they're related, but I had no panics at all until I started up work on my Teensy project. I can give you more info if...
  18. M

Serial glitch after deepSleep() on Teensy 3.2 and Teensyduino 1.53

Incidentally, the Snooze HAL for teensy 3.2 seems to have a lot of #ifdefs for doing different things at different clock speeds. So for the record, I'm testing this at 72mhz.
  19. M

Wow, thanks for digging into this! It is weirder the closer I look. =) FWIW: in the original code I didn't use the usbserial component of the Snooze library, and the same sort of error was triggered after every sleep but the first one. Also, it looks like Snooze's usbserial.flush() is just...
  20. M

Same here. To put a finer point on it: I have added a call to usb.flush() immediately after every single Serial.println() in this example, and I still see the bug. And as I said before, I've already tried some pretty long delay times waiting for the Serial port to reconnect, but it doesn't...
  21. M

Still glitchy Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and added that to my example, and it improves things, but it does not completely fix the bug. Before calling usb.flush(), I had correct output after the first sleep, but scrambled output after subsequent sleeps. Now that I'm calling...
  22. M

Complicated sleep problems with Teensy 3.2 (Snooze not snoozing)

Okay, after a lot of trial & error I have it working. Here are some things I wish had been more obvious to me when I started. Note this is only applicable to Teensy 3.2 . 1) The AudioOutputAnalog object of Teensy Audio is incompatible with Snooze.sleep(). It sets up DMA channels to the DAC...
  23. M

Hi, While working on getting my board to sleep and wake up, I've isolated a pretty strange behavior. After the *second* time teensy wakes from deepSleep(), and after all subsequent wakeups, the first two Serial.println() statements have their output swapped. I found this while running a...
  24. M

Teensy 4.0 back in stock?

Hi, The PJRC store says Teensy 4.0 is out of stock! I see it available from other stores, but I do like to support my local PJRC, esp. since the local Portland post office always seems to get my orders to me next-day. Are 4.0 or 4.1 expected back in stock soon? (Like, in May or June of...
  25. M

Advice on complicated sleep problems?

Update: I got the provided Snooze library examples to work, then began adding the features from my sketch & noting how things get broken. For the record, here's what I'm seeing as I'm debugging with Snooze, Bounce2 and TeensyAudio on Teensy 3.2 : * Teensy Audio prevents sleep(), and causes...
  26. M

Complicated sleep problems with Teensy 3.2 (Snooze not snoozing)

(Reposting, because i posted in the wrong place before. Oops.) Hello! I'm working on a project that embeds a Teensy 3.2 which is doing quite a lot .. it's running Teensy Audio, sending MIDI over USB, providing some debug over USB serial, and talking to an IMU/accelerometer chip over I2c. All...
  27. M

Advice on complicated sleep problems?

Hello! I'm working on a project that embeds a Teensy 3.2 which is doing quite a lot .. it's running Teensy Audio, sending MIDI over USB, providing some debug over USB serial, and talking to an IMU/accelerometer chip over I2c. All of that works, which is amazing! But now I'm trying to...
  28. M

tricky teensy power situation

Yeah, I thought I had once read something about the Teensy being able to run at lower clock speeds on less voltage ... but I can't find that now. I just tried it on the breadboard for a while & never saw it be a problem. But now I wonder, are there other symptoms besides spontaneous reboots...
  29. M

Aha! Due to yet another bug in my schematic, I did not have it wired up like I said at all. The USB 5v connection (Vin) was connected direct to the battery+ on the PO! Which I would have thought would boil the batteries, and I don't get why it would make the regulator overheat ... but anyway...
  30. M

Thanks for the advice but I'm not sure I follow what you said. The teensy runs just fine on 2.8vdc coming from the 2 AAAs. It's only when the USB is attached & the teensy is getting a full 3.3v that I see this problem. I've been reading a little bit about reverse current flow being a problem...
  31. M

Hi, I need some power mgt advice: My current project is a daughterboard that attaches to the back of a Pocket Operator drum machine. The PO is a 3.3v device; it presents power and ground pads on the back, and my board routes its 3.3v pad to Vin and Gnd on the Teensy 3.2 on my board, and that...
  32. M

bitbang i2c without pullup resistors?

That is a great idea! Thanks for the advice. I'll add that to my to-do list for the next board.
  33. M

Thanks, this was exactly the same wisdom my friend Tom gave me. Fixing it in software always seems easier to me, but actually the hardware hack wasn't sooooo hard. Took an hour & looks grody, but it's up and running! Thanks very much. -m-
  34. M

Howdy, I just figured out that I made a couple of extra-dumb mistakes in this board I designed. Mistake #1: I ran the i2c pins from my Teensy 3.2 to my accelerometer backwards! Clock is data, data is clock. D'oh! Mistake #2: I neglected to add pullup resistors on the i2c lines. Sorry...
  35. M

Clicking envelope with Audio Library?

multi-note envelope? Maybe you could assemble the kind of envelope you're looking out of two standard Envelopes. If your MIDI-or-whatever handler can alternate between triggering the two envelopes with each new note, you can feed both of the envelopes a simple +1 constant instead of the tone...
  36. M

Can I get a faster sample rate from Prop Shield IMU?

Hi, I have a Prop Shield hooked to a Teensy 3.2. Out of the box, it appears that the sample rate of the IMU is about 100hz, when I query it with the NXPMotionSense library. So the max delay between a detectable event and a reaction to the event is about 10ms. ATM I’m working on a...
  37. M

motion sensor

I have a Prop Shield hooked to a Teensy 3.2, and it appear that imu.available() returns true about once every 10ms. So the sample rate in that context is about 100hz. (I think if you read faster than that you just get repeated values.)
  38. M

Teensy 3.1: usb not found (was working) ... related to pins?

HA! Okay, never mind, problem solved. One other thing changed: I accidentally grabbed one of these stupid power-only USB cables! New cable, no problem. Funny, sometimes I need to ask someone else before my own brain will keep working on the problem. So ... thanks! -m-
  39. M

Teensy 3.1: usb not found (was working) ... related to pins?

Hi all, I have a Teensy 3.1 with a SparkFun TeensyView on it. I've successfully programmed a couple times before. But now I find that when I plug it in to my Mac's USB port, Arduino 1.8.7 is no longer detecting it as a USB serial device. The thing that's changed is that I hooked up a 4x6...
  40. M

Teensy 3.6 (alone) as FM transmitter -- possible?

That is interesting, but can it play arbitrary digital audio? Or drive an antenna? The Pi project is a real, useable FM transmitter.
  41. M

Hi Frank, I saw that on the Hackaday posting. How does it work?
  42. M

Hi, I just stumbled across this brilliant hack, wherein people are turning the Raspberry PI into a FM radio transmitter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXedC5dQyNk This works by using the Spread-Spectrum Clock Generator feature (SSCG) of whatever chip the Pi uses (Cortex A7 or A53?). If I...
  43. M

Parts list for MIDI demo board?

Thanks! I am starting to pick the parts on Digikey. I know the MIDI connector is 180-degree 5-pin DIN (per the midi spec) but I'm not sure which part has leads that will line up with the holes in this PCB design. Is there a standard board footprint for such components? Or do all DIN jacks...
  44. M

Parts list for MIDI demo board?

Hi all, My friend wants me to help him build the PJRC MIDI demo board, made famous here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_MIDI.html He picked this because the board design is ready-to-go. All he really wants to do is translate/filter MIDI messages from the IN port to the OUT port, so even...
  45. M

Audio Library DSP object development : Faust / Max/Msp Gen~ / Pure Data libPD / STK

I think I get what you mean about float->fixed in general ... but in the case of audio samples represented as values between 1 and -1, i suspect that a fixed-point implementation could be more accurate than floating point for the same number of bits. For instance, I'm looking at this...
  46. M

And also: what's the type of a sample?

So I wonder if I should be trying to use floating point or not in this algorithm. All I want to do is average together a set of samples, using an adjustable coefficient for each sample in the set. It's easy to do, and clear to understand, if I multiply each sample by a coefficient between 0...
  47. M

Thanks for the pointer. So it does appear that these are signed int16_t values, which of course makes perfect sense for audio. Unfortunately, that's what I already thought they were, so this doesn't get me any closer to understanding my problem. :/ The crux of the problem is that this line...
  48. M

Hi, Okay, last dumb question, but I swear I cannot find this in the doc & I'm having a hard time finding it in github either. The 16-bit audio samples pointed to by block->data[] ... what is their type? uint16_t, or int16_t? Or something else? I'm getting bizarre crashes while trying to do...
  49. M

how to disable/enable the biquad filter?

Another quickie: What's the best way to tell a biquad filter "do nothing right now", i.e. pass all samples unchanged? Is there a preferred arrangement of the coefficients for that? I tried setting a lowpass filter with the cutoff frequency at 50khz, but it didn't work for some reason -- it...
  50. M

how to know when envelope is done?

Hello, A quick question about the envelope object: is there a way to fire a callback when the envelope is completely closed? Working on a polyphonic kbd system, where I want to work with a pool of voices, so I want to free up a voice for reuse when it's done playing. What's the best way of...
Back