Search results

1. H

Using a 10k Potentiometer as Steering Wheel with teensy 3.1

Nobody is saying anything different from that, in fact, they are the same thing however, the interfaces are different in such a way that Teensy has a specific library for flight simulators, I see no reason not to have one for rancing/car simulators (support for steering wheel). And finally I...
  2. H

Hi Gavin the connections/wiring are correct, I can debug the results from serial output. Maybe vary from game to game. I tested all examples and tested my own code with all objects from Teensyduino USB Joystick without success. I have a Teensy LC here and I'll test, but I think it's not the...
  3. H

I tried all suggestions without success. I got something when: 1. Used the pot to control the movements of a mouse mapping the values to Mouse.move function; 2. Used the pot to act like the Joystick X; In both cases I've to change game settings to mouse or joystick, I can't make the game works...
  4. H

Thank you Paul, now I've a base to start. I'm already trying with jstest. I'm trying to build a steering wheel to my 6 years old son to play Truck Simulators(American/Euro). I already see someone on youtube make this with Arduino Leonardo and 10k Pot, so I have various Teensy boards here, from...
  5. H

Hi KrisKasprzak, I'll try this code and see if it works as a Joystick. Hi Gibbedy, this is one of my questions, this library is the same used in Arduino and I can cofig the joystick as steering? I can't find this specific information in the docs. Thanks again.
  6. H

I have a spare Teensy 3.1 and I would like to use a 10k potentiometer as a steering wheel. I put the board in mode "Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick" but I can't see in the library documentation how I can use the 10k Pot as Steering Wheel. The Joystick class is the same used in Arduino? Or this...
  7. H

Any Chance of a Teensy ++ 3.1?

I just want more pins that can be accessed like AVR PORTS and correctly sequenced as the sexy Teensy ++ 2. I think I'll make a breakout for Teensy 3.1 like the tall-dog one. Good idea!
  8. H

Tutorial on digital I/O, ATMega PIN/PORT/DDR D/B registers vs. ARM GPIO_PDIR / _PDOR

Thank you!!! I'm searching for this informantion! Now I'm praying the Teensy ++ 3 (if Paul release it someday) comes with the GPIO ordered like the beautiful Teensy ++ 2!
  9. H

Teensy 3.1 I/O Ports

Thank you Paul! If it is not asking too much, you could add the information on the page with some examples... :cool:
  10. H

Teensy 3.1 I/O Ports

One of the things I like the teensy 2 family are the I/O Ports, because I can, for example, work with 8 bits at once, very useful when you're reading and writing EEPROM's. How can I work this way with the Teensy 3.1? Anyone can say what are the T3.1 I/O ports? Thanks for answering my dumb...
  11. H

Teensy 3.1 based custom design?

Hi, I had the same question as you sometime (as you can see here: http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25048-Standalone-Microcontroller), but I continue to work with my Teensy and Arduino are collecting dust. Teensy is better and Paul is a fantastic person, this is the Teensy differential. About my...
  12. H

OSH Teensy 3's - problem with USB connector SMD soldering

Hi! I've the same problem and post on the announce topic: There's something weird... I already order a replacement directly from PJRC. Now I only have to wait more 2 long months... :( Good to you stevech. You can send the board for OSH analyzes and have a fast return, but me... living on a...
  13. H

OSH Park currently selling Teensy 3.1 at an amazing price

Hi Paul, thanks for the help one more time, I already ordered other 3.1, this time, directly from PJRC, because I thinked this was a quality problem (seriously, I did not force the connector). But I realize that is a more common problem than I thought. Please, can you confirm to me if I've to...
  14. H

I know that everyone is happy with the price offered by OSH Park, but it was frustrating for me... Living in Brazil, I waited more than 2 months to receive my board, but after I welded the headers, I connected the board to test the pins with the multimeter... do not need much, just plug the USB...
  15. H

Problem compiling blinky with WinAVR and Windows 8.1

I don't use this Comodo, but appears to be an anti-virus thing. I use KAV and sometimes he blocks some applications that I know secure. So I pause the protection... generally this kind of programs has a "pause" button somewhere, try it.
  16. H

God hear you! And we've to pay a tax of 6,XX% because it's a import and sometimes we've to pay a tax +60%... it's to cry!
  17. H

Better alternative to arduino IDE ?

I'm using Sublime Text 2 + Stino: http://www.sublimetext.com/ + https://github.com/Robot-Will/Stino
  18. H

:( I buy the board Feb 20, 2014 and I didn't receive... But it's a problem of Brazilian Postal Service... :( I'll try to enter in contact with OSH to see if they have a number or anything to track my order.
  19. H

Noob question: converting Teensy++ 2.0 to 3.3v

Like Robin said, this a "pirate" Teensy ++ 2.0 board, but to help you, I think you soldered the voltage regulator in the wrong pads... You've to solder the part in the first set o 3 pads: After this procedure, you've to cut the trace indicate by the arrow and link the the two pads indicated...
  20. H

Noob question: converting Teensy++ 2.0 to 3.3v

You can find the explanation here: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/3volt.html Part: http://www.pjrc.com/store/mcp1825.html But... where did you buy this board? My original Teensy++ 2.0 don't have this ugly silkscreen: "Development Board Teensy 2.0 ++"...
  21. H

How to dispay date and time on gameduino 2

I think this forum is for discussions on projects using Teensy and your question does not seem related. Would not it be better seeking help in the community Gameduino 2? Anyway, to help you I checked the Arduino and Gameduino reference, and none of them has a "minute()" function builtin...
  22. H

Synchronizing data between python client and teensy

Hello, I am implementing a client in python to send and read data from an EEPROM, however, I am having trouble synchronizing. The EEPROM is SST28SF040A, datasheet: . My code works when I call the functions one by one, but here's the actual code: /* Teensy++ 2 / Teensyduino ** EEPROM...
  23. H

Automatically find a Teensy Board with Python and PySerial

Hi! I'm currently implementing a program in Python to send files to an EEPROM and came across the problem of automatically detecting the board. In this topic, I will show how to solve the problem using Python Programming Language and PySerial Library. So if you connect a Teensy to PC and...
  24. H

My Teensy 3.1 from OSH Park was sended Feb 20 to Brazil, unfortunately they not provide a code to track the package (the boards from PJRC I can track with the bar code provided), but I trust the service and I know I'll receive, the brazilian postal service is very very very ... very slow with...
  25. H

Good it worked for you too! In my work I have some free time... At this time I'm looking for solutions and noting, when I get home, I test. This was the solution that worked for me and I'm glad it worked for you.
  26. H

W8.1 / WinAVR

Yes, I found a solution. See this thread: http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25080-Problem-compiling-blinky-with-WinAVR-and-Windows-8-1
  27. H

Problems when trying to write and read an EEPROM.

Hi, I changed the EEPROM to a SST28SF040A and this Teensyduino code for Teensy++ 2.0 actually works! I've to fix and add more features (like the data pooling and chip erase), but I'm very happy with the success. /* ** Teensy++ 2 / Teensyduino ** EEPROM SST28SF040A ** 4 Mbit (512 Kbit x 8) **...
  28. H

My last code that didn't work... #define DATA_DDR DDRC #define DATA_PORT PORTC #define DATA_PIN PINC #define ROW_ADDR_DDR DDRB #define ROW_ADDR_PORT PORTB #define ROW_ADDR_PIN PINB #define COL_ADDR_DDR DDRF #define COL_ADDR_PORT PORTF #define COL_ADDR_PIN PINF #define SEC_ADDR_DDR DDRD...
  29. H

Usb connection/disconnection and eeprom

I think it'll be good to everyone if you show your code and schema.
  30. H

Thank you PaulStoffregen, tomorrow I'll try to add the data pooling or toggle bit to check the state of EEPROM and try again. I'll write what happened. I thinked if I only reproduce the mode table I'll achieve what I want, but I'm seeing this is more complex... But I'll try my best!
  31. H

:(, I tested the delays and the replication of waveform without success, I'll study the timing and see what happens... But I really don't know what's exatly wrong, probably is the timing as you said el_supremo...
  32. H

So I'll try to add delays and send the CE/WE/OE in order, instead of put all together in a fuction like setRead and setWrite. I'll write the results later. Thanks for the answer. EDIT: During the lunch time I tried to replicate the Waveform and set some delays without success. I found a...
  33. H

Anyone using Eclipse for development?

I'm using Sublime Text 2: http://www.sublimetext.com/ and Stino 1.2: https://github.com/Robot-Will/Stino You can easyly set a new build system if you prefer to work with AVR Libc.
  34. H

Hi! I'm having problems when I trying to write/read an EEPROM using Teensy++ 2.0 and Teensyduino. The particular model is EON EN29F040A, and the datasheet is here: . This is my code: #define DATA_DDR DDRC #define DATA_PORT PORTC #define DATA_PIN PINC #define ROW_ADDR_DDR DDRB #define...
  35. H

Hi, I found a solution for this problem on this website: http://www.madwizard.org/electronics/articles/winavrvista For WinAVR work on Windows 8.1 all I do is download msys-1.0-vista64 and send it to utils/bin in WinAVR directory.
  36. H

Hi I'm using a Teensy++ 2.0, my OS is a Windows 8.1 and I install WinAVR and Teensyduino. There's no problem with Teensyduino, but when I try to compile with WinAVR I got some errors. I change the make file to compile for AT90USB1286 and I got this: It appears that ".dep/" folder... This...
  37. H

W8.1 / WinAVR

I'm having the same problema with WinAVR 4.3.3.
  38. H

Standalone Microcontroller

Hi! The answer from PaulStoffregen is what I'm needing to hear... The project I've in mind needs to send and receive data through the USB to read and burn EEPROMS with a small and limited board area. The microcontroller used in Teensy is so small with usb support dicarding the needs of a serial...
  39. H

Hi! Thank you for the answer. I'm a newbie in eletronics, in learning process, I'm not interested in create a commercial product based on a "bare metal" Teensy microcontroller, I'm a hobbyst, if I create anything I would like to be open for anyone, but I would't like to force the people to buy a...
  40. H

Hi I've a Teensy++ 2.0, so... it's possible to use the at90usb1286 standalone? How can I write the teensy on a clean microcontroller? We need a special hardware to accomodate the TQFP? I'm thinking in something like this: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Standalone Thank you!
  41. H

Official Distributors

I can think in two excellent distributors in Latin America / Brazil: RoboCore (http://www.robocore.net) and Laboratório de Garagem (http://www.labdegaragem.org/loja/).
Back