Search results

1. E

I2C questions Teensy 4.0

I want to use an external DAC chip, most likely a MCP4725 together with the Teensy 4.0. In regards to that, I had a few questions about I2C communication. On the PJRC Wire library page it says that SDA and SCL need external pullup resistors for the Teensy 3.X boards. Is that still true for 4.0...
  2. E

ADC library, with support for Teensy 4, 3.x, and LC

Thank you, using 1.49 fixed it.
  3. E

Oh yes, sorry. I'm using a Teensy 4.0, I downloaded the ADC library from GitHub a few hours ago, so that should be the most recent one. Teensyduino is Version 1.48.
  4. E

I just tried to compile some of the examples(adc_test, analogRead) in the updated library and get quite a few "not declared in this scope" and "has no member" errors. The same happens with my own sketches. Did I not download the repository correctly or is there something else I missed...
  5. E

Teensy 4.0 seems broken after triggering MOSFET

I tried it again with a new Teensy and 470 ohms instead of 100 ohms. It worked fine, even running 20 minutes straight, so I assume everything is fine now. But I was also more careful with grounding, as UhClem suggested, and made it more tidy, so I'm not sure what finally solved it. If I feel...
  6. E

Ah, thank you, that makes sense. Yes, the power seems stable at 3.3V.
  7. E

I think that something burned up inside, since the Teensy shows the same shut off even if I disconnect everything from it and just give it power via USB. The resistor was not intended to limit the current drawn, but instead to reduce the steepness of the signal. I thought that there is no...
  8. E

I was testing if I can control a fan by sending different PWM signals from the Teensy 4.0 to a logic level MOSFET when the Teensy seems to have broken down in some way. If I connect the Teensy to power, either via USB or via a 5V power supply connected to the pins, the program seems to be...
  9. E

Teensy 4.0 which pins for which ADC

Great, thank you both very much. For the pins that can connect to both ADCs, the decision would be made by choosing an appropriate setting in the code while initializing the pin, correct?
  10. E

Teensy 4.0 which pins for which ADC

I have been unable to find a chart that maps out which of the analog read pins is connected to which of the two ADCs on the chip for the Teensy 4.0. Could anyone help me find this information? Thank you in advance
  11. E

Teensy 3.6 ADC Speed and multiple analog signals

No, there was no need for that. My code is rather small and I don't need to save any data I read for very long. I start overwriting the oldest data after about half a second and the Teensys own memory is more than enough for my purposes.
  12. E

I ended up not optimizing the adc input speed too much. After setting everything up I noticed that reading the data just with Pedvides adc library and using the fastest settings was quick enough for me. Reading three pins takes a little under 10 ųs, which leaves me enough time to complete all...
  13. E

Teensy 3.6 unwanted DAC output

Awesome, thank you. Adding the resistor solved it. I'll still look into the startup_early_hook you mentioned, that sounds very useful for other things.
  14. E

Teensy 3.6 unwanted DAC output

I am amplifying the output signal from DAC pin A21 with an op amp to get to the 0-5V range instead of 0-3.3V. During startup of the Teensy I can measure a voltage after the op amp that increases up to about 4.8 V, which I really don't want to have. If I measure directly on the A21 pin, on the...
  15. E

Thank you again, I will look into that.
  16. E

Thank you for your response. I had already found Pedvide's library you mentioned, but it seems I haven't read it properly. I'll look through the documentation more thoroughly. So in continuous mode I could basically set some kind of 10 kHz timer and read the values currently stored in the ADCs...
  17. E

Hello, I am rather new to microcontroller programming and electronics in general and would be very grateful for some help with a project I am working on. I'm sorry if all if that has already been answered elsewhere, maybe I didn't search for the right terms. I have three analog signals that I...
Back