Search results

1. N

T4.1: DMA for asynch memory copy from EXTMEM?

This is all very good information! Is the TCM not on its own bus? Or is memory bandwidth shared between TCM and OCRAM? I had hoped I could run UI update code, which is mostly SPI traffic to the OLED, while doing the DMA copies. But if I'm sharing bandwidth between DMA and code execution that...
  2. N

T4.1: DMA for asynch memory copy from EXTMEM?

Hi, I'm working on a digital synth with Teensy 4.1 as the core. Part of my design loads a bunch of 4k-16k blocks of preprocessed synthesis input data (not PCM audio) from SD card to EXTMEM, and then needs to repeatedly copy individual blocks into an OCRAM buffer for use just in time as they're...
  3. N

How to "cleanly" reconfigure USB endpoints on Teensy LC?

I see, fair enough. Thank you! I'm mainly just asking, like from a software engineering perspective, how people manage and distribute the edits to those files? Is everybody checking in the core libraries to version control?
  4. N

How to "cleanly" reconfigure USB endpoints on Teensy LC?

I'm working on a project using Teensy LC as an assistive HID device: https://github.com/aubreyrjones/orbit_rat/ . I'm using PlatformIO and Teensyduino core. Right now I'm using `USB_SERIAL_HID` mode for mouse, keyboard, and joystick reports. This works great. Serial works great for debugging. I...
  5. N

Audio library on Teensy LC

That's fine. Thanks!
  6. N

Is there any central infrastructure that needs to be done before `AudioOutputAnalog` could be expected to work (if implemented)? Things like master audio bus, or timing, or unimplemented super classes, etc? I'm trying to get a feel for the shape of my immediate problem, whether it's just fixing...
  7. N

Fair enough. Are you accepting patches?
  8. N

Got the LC today, tried running the same audio code on it that I was running yesterday on a 3.2. Here's the snippet, which compiles and runs (blinks LED at expected rate) from the latest teensyduino: #include <Audio.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioSynthWaveformSine...
  9. N

How'd I fry my Teensy?

Wow, Teensy really is awesome! I'm stoked that I can get real bare-metal access to an ARM chip while still having an onboard programmer/loader. I've wanted something like this for a while, and the price just makes it impossible to resist. Having to push the button is a tiny, tiny price to pay...
  10. N

How'd I fry my Teensy?

That's awesome. And it's pretty much what I thought. Except I just figured the programming button caused the M0 core to rewrite the M4 core using the EzPort (or similar), after which the M4 would reset and run the loader code. Does all this mean Teensy is compatible with using an RTOS instead...
  11. N

How'd I fry my Teensy?

Are there docs on it? The schematic doesn't show a connection between the M0 core and the USB. And I can't find evidence of a loader in the arduino-style infrastructure code (which is linked in at 0x0000). Only way I could figure it works is that the M0 writes a loader into the M4 on button...
  12. N

How'd I fry my Teensy?

Thanks for the response, but I'm pretty sure it's fried. I precisely followed the steps in the post you linked, but nothing changed. I'm running linux... `dmesg` shows no connection event either on plugin or after the programming button is pressed (or released then pressed, if pressed on...
  13. N

How'd I fry my Teensy?

I'm trying to make a musical instrument from a Teensy 3.2. I had the Teensy's side pins plugged into a breadboard for structural support, with male headers rising from the Teensy for the end connectors. I had the A14 DAC output wired into the `+input` on a TI LM 386N-1 audio amp, which I was...
Back