Search results

1. J

Reading float values from EEPROM reboots Teensy 4.1

I am using the EEPROM library via the #include <EEPROM.h> include.
  2. J

Reading float values from EEPROM reboots Teensy 4.1

Hello = have an issue I have not been able to track down, hopefully someone can help. I have a Teensy 4.1 which is doing pressure testing and comparing the tested pressure to some set levels - 3 levels in fact. The Teensy then reports the findings via USB to a Windows program. So all went well...
  3. J

Best Motor Controller To Use For 2 Phase stepper

Many thanks to all who replied on this thread - you have started me in a good direction - thanks again!
  4. J

Thanks guys, appreciate the information. Looks like they have several of the MP6500s lying around, I'll see if they work as well.
  5. J

Was hoping someone with some stepper motor experience could help me on which motor driver would be best suited. I am using a Teensy 3.2, and was given a Newport CMA-25PP stepper motor to control. There are other motors available, but this one was the best physical fit so they already went out...
  6. J

For I2C experts

I have a question for the I2C experts, it comes from a project that involves an ESP8266 workign with a Teensy3x. The ESP8266 takes Wifi commands from a source, and routes these commands to a Teensy 3.2 which controls a stepper motor. I have my master (ESP8266) which essentially receives liner...
  7. J

Teensy 3.2 and ESP8266 communications

So I have a question that might help others as well. I have my master (ESP8266) which essentially receives liner actuator movement request via WiFi and then must tell the Teensy 3.2 (basically in the role of motor controller) what direction and how many steps to take in that direction. I...
  8. J

Wow - now that is a nice way to do this - thanks for telling me about it! I found ESP8266 was, oddly, more refined than the ESP32 especially in the SoftAP mode. However ESP8266 runs out of IO and I had to constantly tend the watchdog timer as long periods of motor control would upset the...
  9. J

I think you are right - I was thinking about doing that as well. Would definitely save some connections since I already have a I2C OLED to display the IP Address. So in this case I would have the ESP8266 as the master and the Teensy and OLED as slave devices. This might work since I would rarely...
  10. J

Hello, I have a Teensy 3.2 that controls a DM320 motor driver. It also receives interrupt information from optical switches when the linear actuator that is controlled by the DM320 reaches physical actuator endpoints. This all works well and Teensy is ideally suited for this type of...
  11. J

3D Point movement from MPU9250 or any 9 DOF sensor

Thanks brtaylor, but it looks as if there is no accurate way to do this.
  12. J

3D Point movement from MPU9250 or any 9 DOF sensor

Hello, I was hoping someone who has worked with any of the 9 DOF sensors can help me with this. Using a Teensy with a MPU9250, I create a quaternion from the 9 sensor outputs (accel, gyro, and mag) and can rotate a 3D WPF object in space with sensor fusion. So that works, but I'm missing how to...
  13. J

Teensy 3.2 and PFC8523

Hello Don't know if it's my mis-interpreting on how to use the DS1307RTC library or possibly that the DS1307RTC Teensy library is not compatible with the PFC8523 RTC unit from Adafruit I was given. It looked to me as if I could use the Unix epoch time that I get from the NTP server and put...
  14. J

uNav AHRS

Thanks Brian!
  15. J

uNav AHRS

Ok , so assuming a physically level table where the MPU resides on, and the MPU vector markings as below: If +X and -X are the extremes to measure, then should the the X vector be perpendicular to the table up, and then perpendicular to the table down?
  16. J

uNav AHRS

First, thanks for writing the library class, great job. I found my Nan issue (it was essentially an unformatted EEPROM entry). I basically used a Teensy 3.2 to run your class library and sent the results over a USB connection to a Windows WPF program. The program had a 3D object whose movements...
  17. J

uNav AHRS

Brian, I am having an issue with the calibrateMag method of the MPU9250 library. The calibrateAccel methofd seems to give me reasonable bias and scale float values, but when I call the calibrateMag method and then the getMagBiasX_uT, and getMagScaleFactorX methods I get nan. I retried this...
  18. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Thanks mjs513, you've been very helpful. That info means I can take each quaternion subsequent to the first one as a rotation quaternion for display purposes in WPF. I needed to find out where the real component was and where the x/y/z imaginary vectors were. Bit of a learning curve for a...
  19. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

In the MadgwickQuaternionUpdate function, the last piece normalizes the resulting Quaternion. Mathematically, a quaternion is w+xi + yj + zk where w is the real component. quaternion[0] = q1 * norm; quaternion[1] = q2 * norm; quaternion[2] = q3 * norm; quaternion[3] = q4 * norm; So am I...
  20. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Thanks mjs513, will try to remove the clear function and test later this week.
  21. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Hello, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here as I am a newbie to AHRS system. Just playing around with Brian's library which works well for Teensy 3.2 using SPI. My issue deals mainly with the readings I get while moving the MPU9250 around in space. Below is a sample showing...
  22. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Well I guess reading the InvenSense manual should have been my first approach - so the gyroscopic output is angular rate in rads/sec.
  23. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Brian (or anyone else that could answer this) - sorry for this question but since I am new to AHRS I wanted to ensure I had the correct idea while working with the MPU9250. So the MPU9250 seems to work OK, created a WPF Widows program to help the user view the results and calibrate the unit...
  24. J

Best way to communicate with Windows program

Good points all - thanks. Looks like the HID driver is probably the most optimal method and one that doesn't require a (serial) driver install for clients not up to Windows 10.
  25. J

Sorry, should have made my question clearer. I have implemented the HID driver on other projects to talk to Windows and of course it does take somewhat more effort to do. I ended up having some issue getting .net to work with rawhid and compiled a 64 bit dll version which worked fine. My...
  26. J

I am using a MPU-9250 to talk to a WPF Windows program for primarily gyro axis updates in a 3D program. I can't rule out accelerometer and magnetometer axis updates presently since the project could eventually include those as well. So, worst case, I have 10 bytes (AX/AY/AZ/GX/GY/GZ/MX/MY/MZ...
  27. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Thanks mjs513, appreciate that. So my next task is to take the calibrated values and input that info into a WPF 3D model via the Quaternion APIs. Looks like a lot of fun!
  28. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Thanks for the reply mjs513, If you look at the calibrateAccel function in the MPU9250.cpp file it doesn't matter which axis you do first. It looks for the min/max in each orientation for ax, ay, az and then does the scale and bias calculation. So you do not have to worry about which axis you...
  29. J

MPU-9250 Teensy Library

Brian, First off thanks for your effort, got the lib to work with Teensy 3.2 on SPI with little effort. Since I am new to the AHRS field, I had some questions: 1. Orientation, specifically the Accelerometer. I saw some of your example where the calibrateAccel() function was called 6 times with...
  30. J

Wiz850IO and PHYCFGR register

Yeah, I used those functions from the w5500.h and w5500.cpp files I got from Ethernet2/3 library I believe. I used that since the W5500 chip is used on the 850IO network module. Like I said, it works only after initializing the module, then repeated requests for information fails.
  31. J

Thanks for the response Manitou. I was using the Teensy Ethernet library as well, so I'll try it your way and see what happens - thanks!
  32. J

Wanted to know if anyone else has run into this issue using the Wiz850IO network module. On the Wiznet site, they specify that the 850 uses the W5500 chip which they describe as TCP/IP hardwired chip and PHY embedded. So getting things like link state/speed/duplex info should be rather...
  33. J

Good way to debug DHCP library in Visual Micro?

Just wondered if anyone out there working with Visual Micro and Teensy 3.x have found a decent way to debug into some of the libraries (specifically the dhcp.cpp one)? I wanted to find out why the dhcp lease request at times hangs on a specific controller I have. I know the issue is most likely...
  34. J

Teensy 3.6 to ESP8266/Wifi

I had a similar issue and you can do several things: 1. If you can store the dataset on the Teensy, then you could use the RawHid library to connect to the computer and transfer the dataset that way. Of course, it will require a Windows client but .Net makes this a much less demanding task...
  35. J

Some Questions on 3.1/3.2 ADC use

Just to add that I do have 10 uF cap across the output of a LM3940x 5 to 3.3 VDC regulator that feeds the teensy.
  36. J

Some Questions on 3.1/3.2 ADC use

Hello, Need to do some ADC conversions using an external trigger. The trigger will be tied to an interrupt vector where I plan to start the ADC conversion. The analog waveshape will be positive from 0 to about 3.3 volts. Initially, I planned to use the internal reference, but I was wondering...
  37. J

RawHid for 64 Bit Windows

:o(Sheepish grin) Well, it looks like I may have manufactured my own trouble by inserting one wrong digit into the PID during development and that looks to be the problem with the C# to C dll problems. Honestly I don't know how that slipped through but it did. So everything is now OK, and I even...
  38. J

Slightly cleaner version.... int rawhid_managed_open(int max, int vid, int pid, int usage_page, int usage) { int r = rawhid_open(max, vid, pid, usage_page, usage); if (r <= 0) { r = rawhid_open(max, vid, pid, usage_page, usage); if (r <= 0) { return -1; } } return r; }
  39. J

Solved the problem, although the exact issue is not been confimed yet. The issue, at least from the view of calling the rawhid dll functions from managed code, appears to be the way initialization static variables in the dll are treated. When called within a c command line or window, the dll is...
  40. J

Well I compiled the C code supplied for the rawhid tester and it does indeed see my teensy. Interestingly, the rawhid_open initially fails and then succeeds on the 2nd attempt. In rawhid_open c source the HID_GetAttributes function succeeds on the 2nd function call where it failed on the first...
  41. J

Thanks for the help so far everyone, appreciate it. So I set the build type in VS2013 on the .net assembly for x86 versus "Any" and now the incorrect format exception went away. So Windows just thunks the 32 bit code in a 64 bit environment, fine so far. So I built a teensy rawhid sketch that...
  42. J

Hmmm so if everyone else has got this to work in Win64 OS, then maybe I just got a bad file or something. I just downloaded this from pjrc's rawhid page and I'll try it out tonight.
  43. J

New USB Type, RAW HID Without Serial Emulation

Jerwood, Are you using c# as the Windows interface to your rawhid project? I am having a fit trying to mate my rawhid teensy to a xaml application...
  44. J

3D printed case for Teensy 2

Nice - will need to do an enclosure box up for my Teensy 3 and nrf24L01 combo soon. I don't own a 3d printer, but Tinkercad looks to be just right for what I would want to do.
  45. J

Recently I had a need to implement RawHid for a project I was working on. Specifically needed to configure a NRF24L01 radio channel and power setting that my Teensy 3.1 was using. So I created a Windows program to do this and tried the RawHid dll to talk to the Teensy. Unfortunately...
  46. J

Weather station working on PC USB, not wallwart USB

Check to see how much current the wallwart USB power supply can source, it may not supply enough. I'd suspect that the PC USB supplies enough to feed the Wiz but the Wallwart does not.
  47. J

Teensy3 and SSD1306 SPI help!

Well it seems like it's been a while since the last post, but in case anyone runs into this again, I got my 128x64 SPI OLED from ElectroDragon for pretty cheap and just needed it to display the temperature readings from a GY-906 infrared thermometer running on I2C. I used the Adafruit_SSD1306...
  48. J

Teensy 3.1 and ESP266 UART communication issue

So I increased the buffer size in serial1.c from 64 to 640 and everything started working correctly, i.e. the ESP8266 returns a list of access points that the user can now choose via dual encoders. However, I'm really not fully satisfied with this as it doesn't appear to be very dynamic, and...
  49. J

Teensy with built in Wifi Capability

Paul, I know you must be very busy - just a suggestion when you get a break. Many projects now are turning toward wifi capability over existing ethernet simply for the portability. Is there any idea floating about to build in wifi capability to the Teensy 3.x platform? Would be a killer combo...
  50. J

Teensy 3.1 and ESP266 UART communication issue

I did not check out the delay fully. My home net only has one AP so the problem doesn't show up there. I will find out Friday when I go to a shop with multiple Aps scattered throughout the building. Thanks for the library - I'll check that out as well.
Back