Search results

1. S

FlexCAN_T4 - FlexCAN for Teensy 4

I'm not so skilled in C++ with templates. Can you show me how to declare a method that accept any FlexCAN_T4 instance as parameter?
  2. S

FlexCAN_T4 - FlexCAN for Teensy 4

Am I the only one who finds the pattern of FlexCAN_T4<CAN1, RX_SIZE_256, TX_SIZE_16> myCAN; very inconvenient? The generics are exploited as parameters here, which makes it very ugly to pass this variable around or even make the used CAN port dynamic. FlexCAN_T4 myCAN =...
  3. S

Teensy Ethernet without MagJack J1B1211CCD

@buched Thank you for your input. Do you mind sharing the HR601680 schematics? Did you connect it like I did?
  4. S

Do I have to add the resistors this way? Edit: Okay the post explains it very nicely: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/619568/why-is-this-75-ohm-resistor-present-in-the-ethernet-connector-10-100base-tx I need to a cap to ground. Edit2: I think this is the correct...
  5. S

Hi Paul, thank you so much for the examples. Helps a lot! I will stick to the more expensive parts, but thank you for even providing multiple options. Have a nice weekend :)
  6. S

Hi, I have a device that needs to be waterproof to some extend. I want to use the common M12-4 pin connector to attach ethernet. I surely can't just use the TX+ TX- and RX+ RX- pins and connect them to the M12 connector, or can I?
  7. S

Teensy 4.1 CPU frequency steps?

I've noticed that the Teensy 4.1 page mentions very specific MHz on the product page: Is there any reason for this? I run my teensies through PlatformIO settings mostly on 240MHz and I'm wondering if this cause any problem to run Teensy 4.1 on "odd" frequencies?
  8. S

Teensy 4.1 ethernet with mongoose network library

I just saw that it has GPLv2 license. This makes it unusable for anything else than private projects, as your entire code becomes GPLv2 with all obligations as you compile it. Are there similar projects like this with more free licenses like LGPL or MIT?
  9. S

Teensy 4.1 ethernet with mongoose network library

When I try to use it, it expects a mongoose_custom.h. Can you explain how to set this up correctly?
  10. S

Slew rate limiting for SPI

I've tried to set these pin modes. Unfortunately SR flag and SPEED settings did nothing to the signal. But DSE did: Grid: 10ns; 1V; 20MHz SCLK Maybe Paul could add something convenient to the API like: pinStrength(pinNumber, strength & 7); Thank you for the hint. Now I don't need to put...
  11. S

Slew rate limiting for SPI

How can I turn on the advertised "Slew Rate Limiting" that is advertised on the T4.1 product page for SPI? I have a SPI at 20MHz communicating with an ADC and rather big overshooting on the clock and MOSI. The ADC creates a nice relaxed signal on the MISO line. I want to achieve the same.
  12. S

Looking for a good kiosk broswer-device

What about a Pi 3? It's a bit weaker in perfomance but much cooler. Other option is Odroids SBCs. If you have a Pi 4 already a bigger cooler could also make it run passive. There are passive enclosures too that act as large heatsinks.
  13. S

DIY Teensy 4.1 kicad files

Amazing job! Thank you for these files as a starting point, can't wait to make my own design. For the BGA I would've tried a heat gun soldering station... thanks for the tip with the hot plate, never seen these for soldering. I hope to get all parts together and post a picture soon :cool:
  14. S

Schematic question

Looking forward to this! I don't know if I will succeed in soldering a BGA though :D
  15. S

Precise injection with Teensy 4.1 AND ethernet?

Hey, I have a setup where I have a diesel engine injector that needs to be measured. injection time -> mm³ injected. (essentially setting a injection time for example for 600µs and inject 1000 times into a bottle and measure the outcome) I already have everything working but I made some quick...
Back