Search results

1. J

teensy control of Reaper?

@Pio thanks! MIDI Comm Indicator: I do see a yellow square blinking in part of the track indicator. That seems to check out. MIDI Logger: Took me a while, but by experimenting I figured out how to parse the colors and the midi commands and the arguments. There's more data in the logger but I...
  2. J

teensy control of Reaper?

Hello, I'm kinda ignorant about both MIDI and Reaper. Hoping someone here can show me the ways. Using the Teensy example code "Buttons," I can send a note via button press to a Reaper track and get it to play using the ReaSynth VSTi. I'm now trying to use the Teensy example code "Analog...
  3. J

recommended DAC solution for 4.x?

Yes and since this one is R2R, that dovetails with another lab where they have to build a 3-bit R2R DAC by hand :cool: My laser galvo project is AC coupled, but if I decide to do anything where they have to measure a DAC voltage with an ADC, the DC coupled device is more attractive. When I'm...
  4. J

I've got labs already using the 4725 but with either an Arduino or a RPi; however, I've not been able to drive the I2C bus fast enough for my tastes at full bit depth. For teaching purposes this is ok but somewhat boring so I'm looking to up the game without going full-on audiophile. This is...
  5. J

Thanks Ed, I will direct attention to these. FTR "accuracy" isn't high on my list at this point. Speed and the fact that there are 2 DACs on the 3.6 are the best feature. This is a teaching environment and I'm mostly looking to demonstrate what is possible rather than do it with extreme...
  6. J

I’ve been searching the forums for my question but I feel like I’m missing something simple. I have 2 Teensy 3.6s and a bunch of 4.1s. The dual 20kHz DACs on the 3.6 are GREAT, but since 3.x are no longer made, my students have to get the 4.x boards, but those don’t have the DACs. Question...
Back