Search results

1. Moo

changing pitch of audio samples - TeensyVariablePlayback library

i was thinking to revert all the bells and whistles with variable playback, like interpolation and looping and then there won’t be as much noise. also you can set this up to debug on your local mac or linux if you are that way inclined. let me know if you wish to go down the rabbit hole :)
  2. Moo

Aw its lovely to hear that! thanks man, I don't know how many silly hours of my life I lost to this code!!!! :) LOL PS> Pull requests to add keywords like close, absolutely welcome my bro.... (or maybe I'll add it if i remember when I there next)
  3. Moo

Hi h4yn0nnym0u5e, Sorry for a long period of silence from me. Reading the SD card during an interrupt is less than ideal so your async method could avoid that, and thats a great thing. I would love to, but I don't have much time to write 'recreational' code, at the moment. I'm coding up to...
  4. Moo

Hi M4ngu, the more recent versions are slightly worse for performance, I added abstractions for SerialFlash and sacrificed some performance. I have been dreaming of using 'functors' for the best of both worlds but its not top on my list at the moment. There is also an improvement to the...
  5. Moo

hi otemrellik. i’ll have a look when I have a chance. in the meantime it’s probably best to revert to a previous working version … thanks for letting me know, much appreciated cheerz
  6. Moo

@positionhigh, @phantomchips - I have made an experimental branch with SerialFlash support: https://github.com/newdigate/teensy-variable-playback/tree/feature/SerialFlash
  7. Moo

hi, I've integrated LittleFS with TeensyVariablePlayback (for playback samples from flash memory), but I've not had a chance to test it - if anybody would like to give it a try, and let me know, that would be great! Thanks :)...
  8. Moo

yes, Im pretty sure that will be possible... If you use a record queue to save a raw file to SD, you can then load the raw file and playback at different pitches. :P
  9. Moo

New Guy Looking For Teensy DSP programming tips

before you write an audio class, you could write a simple arduino sketch which takes an array and writes the gain for each sample to the serial port. int16_t sig[10] = { 0, 1, 2, 1, 0, -1 … } double gain = 0.5; for (int i=0; i<10; i++) { gain = …; Serial.printf(“gain for sample %i is %d”...
  10. Moo

New Guy Looking For Teensy DSP programming tips

have a look at the source code for existing components in the audio library and try to change them. see if you can make small changes and then try compiling them. see if you can add a parameter, perhaps an extra gain param to start with. copy AudioEffectGain.h and .cpp in the audio library...
  11. Moo

Just FYI, this is merged to main branch now.... feature branch is deleted. (unit tests are passing now, but not tested on teensy yet)
  12. Moo

hey. thank you. I have implemented positionMillis() for AudioPlaySdResmp on a feature branch https://github.com/newdigate/teensy-variable-playback/tree/feature/sd_position_millis but unfortunately the tests are failing, which indicates there is possibly something wrong.... But you are welcome...
  13. Moo

Hi Andy! First off, try padding the beginning and end of your sample with a couple of samples of silence. I think 4 samples of silence will probably be enough. Hopefully I will fix this someday. Also, if you are playing multiple samples, make sure they are not full volume - two loud samples...
  14. Moo

I've managed to fix a few tiny issues and it sounds great in stereo now. I tested on teensy 4.1 with 8 stereo voices and it sounds good. I merged the stereo branch and release TeensyVariablePlayback 1.0.7, it should be available through the Arduino library manager soon. I also have a few...
  15. Moo

Interested to see how you get on... I've been testing stereo, but somewhere between my sample loader, polyphonic mechanism, im getting a few tiny audible pops on the lower notes...
  16. Moo

Fixed a thing or two... feature/stereo branch is probably ok now, but its still not been tested much on teensy yet.
  17. Moo

stereo still needs a tiny amount work....
  18. Moo

Hey Danny I have made a branch now which supports stereo (actually should work with any number of channels). https://github.com/newdigate/teensy-variable-playback/tree/feature/stereo I havent managed to test it on the teensy yet, but the algorithm seems to be ok..... you fancy testing it ?
  19. Moo

Thanks. In the mean time, you can get around this using two mono samples and routing one to left channel and one to right channel.
  20. Moo

It works with any 16bit mono Little endian 44100Hz raw sample data. So it should be able to do voice. I'll make a demo....
  21. Moo

yes, the rate can be calculated pretty easily given the original sample note and the desired note. Since the calc only happens once when you play a sample, I don't think it'll make much difference.
  22. Moo

a crude audio compressor

Opened a new pull request: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/pull/399 Let me know if theres any other improvements I should/could make. Thanks! Done. This file is not shared between other files, so makes sense to include in the effect cpp Yep, exactly - this is the duration in samples...
  23. Moo

a crude audio compressor

the "bitcrusher" as described above is a different repo... https://github.com/newdigate/teensy-audio-multipressor
  24. Moo

a crude audio compressor

That is a separate component I use for side-chaining "compression" / ducking. It's not much of a compressor as it is a wave shaper. It makes a punchier kik when using the kik to suppress the bassline.
  25. Moo

a crude audio compressor

Thanks Frank! Good suggestions... I'll close the PR and re-open a new one when Im ready...
  26. Moo

a crude audio compressor

Hi Frank, I've created a PR to add this to the audio library. https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/pull/398 Although I have subsequently realised that it really should have updates to the audio-gui and perhaps add #include in Audio.h
  27. Moo

I've made a polyphonic sampler to go with the variable playback rate, Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDfv6R2WrX4 and code here https://github.com/newdigate/teensy-polyphony If you get latest of the variable playback v1.0.6 the interpolation sounds much better (using float) - but...
  28. Moo

github.com/newdigate/teensy-variable-playback I started this endeavour a few years back, I needed samples played at variable playback rate. The initial implementation was a hack but it worked okay for non-interpolated resampling, a little buggy with linear interpolation - especially in...
  29. Moo

a crude audio compressor

Yes thats a very nice example of a real compressor with bells and whistles. I absolutely love it, except for the fact that it applies a constant gain to an entire audio buffer (not so good when delta RMS is big between audio buffers - perhaps I am using it incorrectly...) It was more of an...
  30. Moo

a crude audio compressor

I think I've found the issue with my "compressor" distortion effect -- it was a divide by an int, causing decimation - effectively it was a bit-crusher! I've committed a fix for that now, but its a theoretic fix because I haven't tested it, unfortunately.
  31. Moo

a crude audio compressor

ok. thanks for checking it out. appreciate the feedback.
  32. Moo

a crude audio compressor

yep theres definitely alot of noise on the comp.mp3 signal compared to the original signal. not sure if thats a result of the effect, input noise, or output noise.
  33. Moo

a crude audio compressor

btw: no, I don't think it is a wave-folder. a wave folder is a subset of wave shapers, but wave shapers aren't necessarily wave-folders. a rectifier is an example of a wave folder... a wave shaper basically maps an input value to an output value, as far as I know, thou I stand to be corrected.
  34. Moo

a crude audio compressor

awesome. thanks :) looks like the comp.mp3 has much smaller dynamic range - the quiet bits are amplified and the loud beats are quieter.
  35. Moo

a crude audio compressor

FYI, I've updated and deleted line 62 of effect_compressor.cpp :) but I've havent tested it....
  36. Moo

a crude audio compressor

Hey Mangu :) I was just looking at the code and spotted something that looked very wrong... line 62 in effect_compressor.cpp I think if you comment that line out it will probably work -- looks like the output sample is being overwritten by the post-gain sample, ignoring the compressor... If...
  37. Moo

SD Audio playback speed

ResamplingSdReader is a substitution class which replaces the Sd file reading part of the SD raw player. It has the simple function of returning altered audio buffer. in the simple case, lets say at 0.5 rate, it should return 2 samples for every one read. at 2.0 rate, it should return every...
  38. Moo

more color definitions for 16bit rgb565 displays

Clearly my OCD got the better of me when I ran out of pre-defined 16-bit (rgb-565) colours using the st-7735 display.... ... so I wrote some javascript to scrape the hex colour values and names from wikipedia, and generate a .h header file... So now we all have lots and lots of colours...
  39. Moo

DMA SPI Transfer on Teensy 4.0 using KurtE's SPIDMA T4 branch

I updated to latest teensyduino, and connected Pin 11 to Pin 12 it started working. Thank you, really appreciated...
  40. Moo

ah. that makes sense. for some reason i had thought i was using the latest... thank you for pointing that out...
  41. Moo

When I run the example sketch on a teensy 4, I get some unexpected behaviour: Is this expected? Is there a better library to use? Thanks, really appreciate any insight/suggestions. Regards, Nic * Teensyduino 1.51 * https://github.com/KurtE/DmaSpi/tree/T4 * Macos catalina (fixed with: sudo...
  42. Moo

Quad channel output on Teensy 3.6

i’ve adapted the cs42448 circuit for teensy 4.0 using kicad here: though it’s not fully tested yet thou.. https://github.com/newdigate/teensy-eurorack
  43. Moo

SD Audio playback speed

Not sure about map function... If you want to use variable playback rate using memory, you would need to slightly alter the source code, play_serialflash_raw.cpp in the audio library. Or better, copy the .h and .cpp to a new class name, and do adjustments in the new class. I found it easiest...
  44. Moo

SD Audio playback speed

Awesome, Im really glad to hear that! There is still a little bit of work required - when playing in reverse and the pointer reaches zero, it currently freezes. It should be fairly easy to fix, just haven't had much time to spend on it lately. At some point in the future I will need to sort...
  45. Moo

SD Audio playback speed

Oh... I didn't realise it wasn't compiling for teensy 3.2 - Im sure it should be able to - I'll have a look when I get a moment, thanks for letting me know... I got alot of satisfaction from turning that knob back and forth, it sounds just like an old vinyl being scratched....
  46. Moo

SD Audio playback speed

Subsequently I’ve tested it between -4.0 and 4.0... works successfully. beyond that I’ve not tested.
  47. Moo

An artists' impression of a cs42448 eurorack module...
  48. Moo

daydreaming about using cs42448 with a teensy...
  49. Moo

Thanks again. I've made the corrections you've suggested, although I was slightly unsure of these things: if the decoupling caps for VA should be before or after the ferrite bead. if the CAT811T is wired correctly. if PIN1 / CS is setup correctly with two resistors and solderable pad...
  50. Moo

Thats great feedback! Thank you Paul - really appreciate that... I will make amendments...
Back