Search results

1. B

PROGMEM use on Teensy 3.0

Thank you Paul. As always, I appreciate that you take the time to help those of us stumbling along (I took a handful of comp sci and elect engr courses over 30 years ago, and am trying to teach myself how to work with boards like the teensy). I will use 'const' as you suggest. bongo
  2. B

Tutorial on digital I/O, ATMega PIN/PORT/DDR D/B registers vs. ARM GPIO_PDIR / _PDOR

I've updated my chart with the missing pins.
  3. B

PROGMEM use on Teensy 3.0

Context: I am working on using the adafruit plasma code for a 16x16 physical array of RGB LEDs using LPD8806 strips. [See https://github.com/adafruit/RGB-matrix-Panel/tree/master/examples/plasma_16x32 for the original.] Here's my more general technical question about using PROGMEM on the Teensy...
  4. B

Is there something like OctoWS2811 for LPD8806 led strips

!!! Daniel, that's great news!
  5. B

It's 6a in Oregon! Another kindred soul who is up early - I've been up since 5:30a on the east coast. Thanks Paul. I will certainly be looking into the WS2811 vs LPD8806 as I scale up what I am doing. And thanks for pointing out the potential memory limitation and your Teensy++ 3.0 plans...
  6. B

Paul & Daniel - I am humbled and thrilled by the work you do! Paul, thanks for letting me know about Daniel's current work. And Daniel, this latest work on FastSPI_LED sounds like it could be exactly what I am looking for. I am presently working with 256 pixels on LPD8806 strip, but hope to do...
  7. B

Tutorial on digital I/O, ATMega PIN/PORT/DDR D/B registers vs. ARM GPIO_PDIR / _PDOR

Yes, thank you! I have been searching for this info for a few days, and your explanation is very clear. I made the attached image for myself as a reference, which might be helpful to others.
  8. B

Thank you Paul for the quick reply. I checked the thread you linked to , and I understand that there may not be much demand for an "OctoLPD8806." I would try to create it myself, but I don't think I have the skill to do this. And I know you have far more important tasks demanding your time. I...
  9. B

[Quick intro, as I'm new to Teensy + this forum: I'm Bongo, and I have been making digital musical instruments for a few years. I have recently been working on combining this with addressable LED strips.] I am working on a project which may end up driving 1024 or more addressable RGB LEDs. I...
Back