Search results

1. C

Artnet to OctoWS2811?

Interesting .. Why would the pixel I added to the beginning of U0 be completely useless -- it does not light up at all -- and yet still cause the rest of the strip to be in correct sequence? Also, U0 only had 156 pixels on it. That's 468 channels - quite a way from the 512 ceiling for U0.
  2. C

Artnet to OctoWS2811?

See comments below:
  3. C

Artnet to OctoWS2811?

Ok --- tried a hardware hack since I suck at software. I physically added one pixel to the start of the second universe chain, and changed the patch to be 1 instead of 0. Works perfect now. So apparently there IS something in the code that offset by 2 channels! I COULD just leave it like it...
  4. C

Artnet to OctoWS2811?

LED's shifted by 2 on second universe? I thought I was chasing a lag/sync issue, but maybe it's just a math thing. I have a 13x22 array, split into two universes. Top one snake-line from top-left (pin2). Second one snake-line from top right (pin14). Second universe seems to be off by 1 (or...
  5. C

Wireless ArtNet w/ 3 Teensy's for 3 live actors

Tested the TP Link tonight in client mode with my partially functioning array. Good news is that it does connect and receives the artnet output as expected. From power up to a good link takes about 40 seconds, so if anyone else tries this method, be sure to give the TPLink enough time to...
  6. C

Thanks nlecaude - I took the chance and bought the TP-Links and grabbed the WIZ820io's. Should have the equipment in hand by tomorrow and testing. Morzoule - the ethernet adaptor (WIZ820io) plus the TP-link is the the part that you would be interested in if it does work. Other wireless...
  7. C

Goal: 3 live actors with ~300 pixels per actor, connected wirelessly to PC, each actor being the continuation of a single output, creating one "screen". Items to accomplish: 3 Teensy 3.2's, 3 TP-Link TL-WR702N's in client mode attached to WIZ820io's for each Teensy, 3 WIZ820io adaptor boards...
  8. C

xbee and octows2811

Is this correct? It still does not operate as written but perhaps I've missed something? // Lucas Morgan - www.enviral-design.com // #define USE_OCTOWS2811 #include<OctoWS2811.h> #include<FastLED.h> // ------------ Change these as neccesary -----------// #define NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP 400...
  9. C

xbee and octows2811

The intended application is to have a xbee (from Pc) transmit the output from Geopix LED (coordinator AT) to a teensy 3.2 with xbee shield (router AT). If I get it working, then I am planning 3 identical teensy/xbees receiving identical data and having different pins attached to led strips.
  10. C

xbee and octows2811

This was originally intended for use via usb which is why (I assume) that there is check of values. Would that be a correct assumption? If so, what do I need to add code wise to correctly implement?
  11. C

xbee and octows2811

dannydulai - did you ever get the xbee working? I am working on a similar project and have the xbee connected to serial1 but cannot get it to work. // Lucas Morgan - www.enviral-design.com // #define USE_OCTOWS2811 #include<OctoWS2811.h> #include<FastLED.h> // ------------ Change these as...
Back