Search results

1. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Just made a new release (0.9.8), with: - Support Teensy USB Type Serial + MTP (@KurtE) - Support infinite log size Here you go: https://github.com/Koromix/tytools/releases/tag/v0.9.8
  2. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Thanks ;) Indeed, I broke some stuff in 0.9.6.. :p Should be fixed in 0.9.7!
  3. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Just made a new release (0.9.6), with: - Fix support for big firmware files (for Teensy 4.0 and 4.1) - Signal Serial readiness to Teensy in SEREMU mode - Increase wait delay after board reset Here you go: https://github.com/Koromix/tytools/releases/tag/v0.9.6
  4. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Just made a new release (0.9.5), it adds a per-board setting to change RTC programming (localtime, UTC or ignore) Here you go: https://github.com/Koromix/tytools/releases/tag/v0.9.5
  5. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Just made a new release (0.9.4), with support for Teensy Micro Mod and RTC programming :) Here you go: https://github.com/Koromix/tytools/releases/tag/v0.9.4
  6. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Perfect, thanks :)
  7. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Just released 0.9.3 with a fix for Teensyduino 1.54 (thanks to luni and Defragster for the report). Could a "member +" edit the first post and replace all the text after the screenshots with this: This way we won't have to update the first post for future releases. Thanks!
  8. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Okay :) Thanks!
  9. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Just made an (official) release with Teensy 4.1 support, based on the patch from @KurtE! https://github.com/Koromix/tytools/releases Is there anyway to update the first post of this topic?
  10. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Perfect, thanks!
  11. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I've pushed a new version (0.8.10), the main changes are : - Detect Teensy model without bootloader (if built with Teensyduino 1.42+) with bcdDevice field - Fix support for Teensy 3.5 firmwares compiled with Teensyduino 1.42+ (with RAM = 256K) - Fix rare Intel HEX parse errors I can't update...
  12. Koromix

Teensy Qt

@Wayne: The board model can only be identified while the Teensy is in bootloader mode. TyCommander keeps the serial <=> model information in cache to remember it. If the cache is wrong, you can reset it in several ways: - simply reboot the device, using the button (if your board has it) or the...
  13. Koromix

Teensy Qt

The serial setting in the IDE is ignored because it poses more problems than it solves. First, in non-Serial modes you could not select the board you want. This is especially bad if you happen to have another Serial device plugged in, because then it will probably be selected in the IDE even...
  14. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I've just switched to "TyCommander" for the main GUI and TyTools for the whole project. Hopefully it's easier to type :) The UI thing sounds like a bug, I'll look into it tomorrow. Actually, it's pretty easy to add a way to monitor all kinds of serial devices. I remember trying it in the early...
  15. Koromix

Teensy Qt

First, this whole project is being renamed TyTools because it is a collection of three tools at this point, and TyQt is just one of them (though it is the biggest as of now). The name "ty" was just ugly. The TyQt GUI has been renamed to TyCommander, and the command-line "tyc" tool is now called...
  16. Koromix

Teensy Qt

There's no setting to do that at the moment, but I'll try to add it soon. Along with font settings for the serial monitor. Thanks for the report, it should work correctly in the latest build TyQt-0.8.0-4-g5be2fe1. The Teensy Loader uses the information in the ELF file to check the model a...
  17. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I'd like to add something like that. When I have some time it could make a nice addition to TyQt. The log files are written to as soon as something comes up on the USB serial. I'll fix the two small UI problems you noted. The serial log needs work but I did not want to delay 0.8.0 forever...
  18. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I have just released TyQt 0.8.0. It supports the new Teensy boards and fixes some long-standing issues regarding device enumeration on Windows, such as invisible Teensies on some USB 3.0 host controllers. You can find the binaries and a (more or less) complete changelog on GitHub...
  19. Koromix

K66 Beta Test

Be careful that Teensy Loader is not running or that its autoflash mode is disabled when you do a reset (or upload) with TyQt. The reset button puts the Teensy in bootloader mode first, and then it triggers a reset without uploading anything... But if the Teensy Loader starts to flash the board...
  20. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Sorry for the delay, I moved to a new city and things are finally settling down. And now I got a nice 100 Mbps down / 100 Mbps up fiber connection, which is always nice! Thanks for the information. I don't have much time to look into it right now, but later on I hope to. You posted this...
  21. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Very interesting, thanks for the report. I'm really interested in finding out where it comes from (when I have more time), could you tell me what kind of hardware is running on this server, or any of the computer where it fails? Did you use a fully updated Ubuntu distribution, what kernel...
  22. Koromix

K66 Beta Test

It's a desktop computer, I plug the Teensy directly in the USB 2.0 port (tried all of them). The computer is quite a few years old, made from spare parts that include a Seasonic BG-500 S12II-520 alimentation and a M5A78L-M LX motherboard (AM3 socket). It runs mainly Arch Linux, but also Windows...
  23. Koromix

K66 Beta Test

I can reliably prevent my Teensy 3.6 (round 3) from starting, with the Blink sketch loaded on the board, when I: - shut down the computer and remove the power cord - wait a bit for the capacitors to drain, until the plugged in Teensies stop blinking (and then wait a bit more) - plug it back, and...
  24. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Glad you like it :) I have to say that except for loading the always useful Blink sketch and testing, I don't use the Arduino IDE. So I'm not sure what it does when you switch board type but it seems like it may delete the previous HEX file in at least some cases. TyQt only keeps the path to...
  25. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Sorry, I can't find anything going wrong. The Teensy Loader does basically the same thing as TyQt, according to strace. Still, you might want to try the Teensy Loader on the server, to see if it gets the same kind of failure. You don't need to install arduino, just extract the Arduino archive...
  26. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Thanks for the log. Everything seems to go as it should, but the baudrate change does not trigger a Teensy reboot. You did not change the Teensy core code, by any chance? I've pushed a workaround to GitHub for the only thing I could think of. I've gone through the Teensy2 core code and the...
  27. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Sorry, I messed it up. Should have checked, here is the correct version: "TY_DEBUG=1 strace tyc reset >tyc_log.txt 2>&1". Indeed without the strace statements the log is useless :)
  28. Koromix

Teensy Qt

You can pull from GitHub to change the 'Unknown' label thing. For the actual problem, it's... weird. It looks like things are done correctly, but for some reason the board won't reboot. Could you run "TY_DEBUG=1 strace tyc reset 2>&1 >tyc_log.txt" on the latest version and give me the log? Of...
  29. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I did a test on the Live CD of Ubuntu 16.04.1, and both TyQt and tyc worked well after installing the udev rules file. At least the latest GitHub version. You need to unplug / replug the Teensy after installing this file, but I guess you already did that. When you can, try to do a couple resets...
  30. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Does TyQt report a permission error? You can see the log in "Tools > Open Log". I develop TyQt mostly on Arch Linux, and I haven't tested it on Ubuntu in a while... and it was 14.04, I believe. I'm downloading 16.04 to check it out, I'll get back to you.
  31. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Did you install the udev file available at https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/49-teensy.rules? Without it, only root can open the Teensy device files, so upload / reset / serial actions won't work. The "Unknown" label is misleading (I'll change it), it means the Teensy does not have a unique serial...
  32. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I've just found that I introduced a pretty bad leak a few commits ago, which could also cause weird issues in some cases (board swaps, upload, reset, etc.). You might want to update your copy to the latest version on GitHub. You can just give the BinTray file link, I think. BinTray is pretty...
  33. Koromix

Teensy Qt

The -187 build is the same as -184, the three commits are small build and documentation changes. In the latest builds, boards without a valid S/N are named "Unknown", instead of "0-Teensy", and board settings won't be saved until TyQt gets a valid S/N. On Teensy 3.6, it's caused by the fact...
  34. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I know Windows XP 64 exists, but it had many problems and the driver support was poor. The number of XP-64 users is probably *much* lower than XP, so not worth any effort. If anything, in a year or two I may drop XP support entirely.
  35. Koromix

Teensy Qt

I just pushed a commit that fixes the "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git" error above. This one was on me. You can find the change needed here: https://github.com/Koromix/ty/commit/3e08a8793648f6c22dc288b5133ab76e85ac9f3a
  36. Koromix

Teensy Qt

This means you built Qt for 64-bit builds. You should probably omit "-T v140_xp" for 64-bit builds because there's no point to XP support in this case. I had to put a few workarounds in my CMake files to make "-T v140_xp" work (again, thanks Microsoft) and I didn't test them for 64-bit builds.
  37. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Oh, I see. You need to build the whole project, not just "src/tyqt/CMakeLists.txt" which is only the GUI part of the project, without all the lower-level parts that make it work. So the "build\msvc32" directory needs to be at "C:\ty\build\msvc32". I guess the mistake comes from me calling the...
  38. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Yes, sorry, I've been meaning to put VS2015 instructions. First, you need to build static Qt for MSVC (see the qt5 instructions above). Then, to generate VS2015 project files for 32-bit builds: - 1) in the project directory, make a subdirectory "build/msvc32" (the name does not really matter...
  39. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Cool :) Qt static builds are a pain. I have a bunch of workarounds in https://github.com/Koromix/ty/blob/master/cmake/FindEasyQt5.cmake to make it work with this particular set of flags, but it's hard-coded. I'm sure it can be improved, but as you can imagine this is really not something I...
  40. Koromix

Teensy Qt

It's funny you mention that because I got my first crash in this function yesterday. Mine only happens if you have used "Reset Application (& Settings)" at least once. Did you? I have pushed a fix for this particular bug. I'm not sure it's the same because "board->monitor" would be NULL if it...
  41. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Yes, you can open CMakeLists.txt with Qt Creator. For a while I maintained a set of qmake .pro files in the repository for Qt Creator, but I dropped them because they were regularly broken and Qt Creator supports CMake files pretty well. This wasn't so true a year ago. Building TyQt this way...
  42. Koromix

K66 Beta Test

Got my gift today! Thank you :) I haven't done much yet. It blinks! I knew from defragster that early boards report "00000064" as the USB S/N in bootloader mode, and I figured it was only the case for "MAC-less boards". But my Teensy 3.6 also reports "00000064" in bootloader mode, instead of...
  43. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Thanks, glad it's useful. There are many things I don't really like about the current code, but it's not all bad. A bit over-engineered, I guess. But hey, that's how you learn. My next project, currently in early development (still Arduino and Teensy related) does / will benefit from the many...
  44. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Thanks for the report, I saw your posts a couple hours ago. It's a silly mistake in my code, where the wrong exit code is used from the command-line client used by Arduino. Until 1.6.10, the IDE did nothing with the exit code so it had no consequence, but now it prints its own error message...
  45. Koromix

Teensyduino 1.30 Beta #1 Available

I can't build Blink for my Teensy LC, with Teensyduino 1.30b1 + Arduino 1.6.10 on Linux: /home/niels/bureau/arduino-1.6.10/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "/home/niels/bureau/arduino-1.6.10/hardware" -hardware "/home/niels/.arduino15/packages" -hardware...
  46. Koromix

C++ how to call one constructor from another, happy to pay for some consulting time

There are various ways to initialize member objects, you can use initializer lists in your constructor (classes A and B below) and or the new C++11 brace-init thingy (class C). class Base { int value_; public: Base(int value) : value_(value) { } }; class A { Base...
  47. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Tiens je n'avais même pas réalisé que l'ECN médecine finissait en même temps que le BAC. C'était donc ça tout ce bruit à la bibliothèque :) Thanks, I will do so. I'm very interested, though I'm not sure how much I can contribute to the beta test. I don't do anything fancy with the Teensy...
  48. Koromix

Teensy Qt

Hi raflyer, and sorry for the delay. I just finished my exams and I can come back to life now, and fix stuff. In theory there is no limitation to how many Teensy you can plug... but right now, the code that tracks which USB port the Teensy is plugged in is quite fragile on Windows. It...
  49. Koromix

Teensy Qt

So first, I want to thank Theremingenieur for his gift, which got my MacBook back in working order :) I had not been able to actually test TyQt on OSX for many commits prior to 0.7.5, it seems to work relatively well. So I'll be quite busy until June 22nd, and I'll be relatively free after...
  50. Koromix

Teensy Qt

RawHID should work, and indeed it does on my system. Did it occur again? Could be a transient problem, which tends to happen when the Windows driver installer does its thing. Probably need to add a "retry" of some sort to this code, for this kind of thing. However, Serial + HID does not work on...
Back