Search results

1. ghostintranslation

I2S audio chip support

Perfect thanks for the quick reply.
  2. ghostintranslation

I2S audio chip support

Hi, I'd like to confirm something. In the GUI tool on the I2S output we can read that the following chips are compatible: I have been using the CS4344 for a while and it works very well, unfortunately this chip is now discontinued and so I am looking at other chips. Would any I2S chip...
  3. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 Multiplexing 32 audio inputs

I have reworked this class and the best I can get is 16 inputs at 44.1Khz and 32 at 22.05kHz: https://gist.github.com/ghostintranslation/7804fd1ef46d85e38ad0f74df730480e This time the process is to separate the multiplexers by ADCs, so for 8 inputs there is just 1 multiplexer on A0 controlled...
  4. ghostintranslation

Strangely if I run the ADCs like that: adc->adc0->startContinuous(A0); adc->adc1->startContinuous(A1); instead of: adc->adc0->startTimer(AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE * 16); adc->adc1->startTimer(AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE * 16); it manages to get 128 samples in 2403ms.., but with the timer the limit is at...
  5. ghostintranslation

I tried the async as you suggested but I couldn't get it right.. I did try again with DMA though and the timer provided by the ADC lib and I get better result than before, I can get the 32 inputs at 22.05kHz, so sampling frequency is only divided by 2 now. I have a simple procedural code if...
  6. ghostintranslation

Thanks for the suggestions, My understanding was that Teensy 4.0 had 2 ADCs yes but that only ADC0 was on pins A0 to A9, so that's one thing I learn. I gave it a try by setting up adc1 like adc0 with the fastest settings and using adc0 on A0 and A2 and using adc1 on A1 and A3, and calling...
  7. ghostintranslation

Hi, I made a basic circuit with 4 multiplexers on A0 A1 A2 A3, and I coded an Audiostream class to sample those at audio frequency and be able to plug them to any other audio object. 8 inputs can be sampled at 44.1kHz each, 16 at 22.05kHz, and up to 32 at 11.025kHz. This is part of a larger...
  8. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 + CS4344

Makes sense, and I'm actually using an opamp after the CS4344 to get -5/+5v
  9. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 + CS4344

Thinking again about that, would it be that if powered with 5v it expects higher levels on the other pins?
  10. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 + CS4344

I retook a look at the old thread and I noticed there the chip was powered with 3.3v but I am using 5v, so I tried 3.3v and that makes it work... even though the chip is supposed to accept 3.3v and 5v. Thanks for the help anyway that made me have another look at it, and if I get in trouble...
  11. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 + CS4344

Is it supposed to work with Teensy 4 actually?
  12. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 + CS4344

Hi, I'm trying to use the CS4344 chip for audio output, I've read another thread that showed a working schematics: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/55137-I2S-output-with-CS4344/page2?p=197879 But I must be missing something because for me it is not working, I have tried soldering 5 chips in case...
  13. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 AudioInputAnalog and AudioOutputMQS

Hi, I'd like to get confirmation I'm not missing anything and that there is a bug in current version. I'm just trying to send a signal on A0 and hear it on the MQS, but when I use both together I just get a loud constant buzz, but if I switch the adc1 for waveform1 in this code it works fine...
  14. ghostintranslation

[posted] Teensy polyphonic FM synth

Awesome thank you, It all started with SimpleSynth 3 years ago, I should post more updates on the current state of v2 of my platform...
  15. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 - Why is this code crashing Teensy?

I think I may have find what it was but I can't be too sure yet, it's hard to be sure because it would stop happening when commenting out some code but then commenting out another piece instead would produce the same result and those things have nothing in common, which makes me think there is...
  16. ghostintranslation

I upgraded to 1.55, still getting the freezing issue, and CrashReport does not output anything.
  17. ghostintranslation

By crashing I mean that it freezes during execution, it stops running, but it does not restart. Ah I was not aware about CrashReport, I see this is in 1.54, I am using 1.53 at the moment, but I could try upgrading.
  18. ghostintranslation

Those are just objects that can be instantiated anywhere, outside setup, in the setup, in a function, in a class. I've done that for a while without any issue. If the variables were out of scope it would throw an error right at compile time. Indeed in this example it does not crash if I...
  19. ghostintranslation

Hi, I'm working on a fairly large project in which I created derived classes from AudioStream. I started to see my Teensy crash while running. I managed to reproduce the issue in a much smaller piece of code: // project.ino #include <Audio.h> #include "CustomStream.h" AudioOutputI2S...
  20. ghostintranslation

[posted] Teensy polyphonic FM synth

Thanks, this project has evolved a lot since, I developed a modular platform, modular in the sense that the pcb itself is modular, and I created a few modules based of this platform including a new version of SYNTH: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHVmKrzhmw4/...
  21. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 external power burning hot

So I said I'd update... Since then I had to redesign entirely my PCB due to chip shortages... On the new design I'm using shift registers in place of the LED drivers and I changed the DACs, the LM7805 gets very hot but not as much as before, and the dc-dc converter (VX7805) works perfectly...
  22. ghostintranslation

TLC5916 SPI cascade

Actually I think I got it, when LE is high it's listening for data on SDI, and as long as it keeps receiving data it's pushing the previous data on SDO and when OE is low it's setting the outputs according to the data it received. Does that sound correct?
  23. ghostintranslation

TLC5916 SPI cascade

Hi, I'm usually using I2C devices, but this time I'm interested in the TLC5916 which is SPI: https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlc5916.pdf?HQS=dis-dk-null-digikeymode-dsf-pf-null-wwe&ts=1622292689320 Usually from what I understand is that each SPI device has a select pin so that it set the...
  24. ghostintranslation

So I just got my order and tested both MC7800 and VX7805-500: https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/on-semiconductor/MC7805CTG/919333 https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/cui-inc/VX7805-500/7350283 Result is, the 7805 is getting as hot as the smd one I had before, I burn my fingers on...
  25. ghostintranslation

I see, thanks, at the time I made this PCB I didn't think about heat so I didn't look into that subject at all, now I know a few things. Interesting subject for sure. Nice thanks for the feedback. I have ordered this one https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/cui-inc/VX7805-500/7350283...
  26. ghostintranslation

Alright I see, No I didn't consider reverse voltage, first time I'm doing anything with power really. Should I add a diode for that? Also I was looking at the Arduino Nano that actually can take 12v natively, it uses the LM1117IMPX-5.0 with just one 1uF capacitor...
  27. ghostintranslation

What's the benefits of the MC7805CDTG over the LM7805? I just checked to make sure, according to Teensy specs, it is supposed to consume 100mA, so it looks right, especially because I'm not using any of the other chips on that test: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy40.html, so yeah nothing...
  28. ghostintranslation

Well I use this Teensy every day, it seems to work fine. I was only following the datasheet: https://datasheet.lcsc.com/lcsc/1811052003_Changjiang-Electronics-Tech-CJ-CJ7805-3_C21706.pdf It shows a 0.33uF and a 0.1uF capacitors. But for the next rev of this board since I want to replace the...
  29. ghostintranslation

Would a soft start be problematic with Teensy?
  30. ghostintranslation

Yes that one might be fine, but I want to test also the dc converter that is pin compatible, but this one is a SIP package so it wouldn't work directly on that pcb
  31. ghostintranslation

True, well I'm ready to test now, I only need to unsolder the smt 7805 on the PCB and solder wires to be able to test from a breadboard. Because then I will order a new PCB with the new footprint for that part and that order will cost $100+ and take some time again so I need to make sure this...
  32. ghostintranslation

This is incredibly cheap, but 2 months delivery as usual from AliExpress, I think I'm going to order on DigiKey to test quickly and then I can look for cheaper options maybe like this one.
  33. ghostintranslation

I have looked it up a little more on DigiKey, doing a search for DC converters being of Linear Regulator Replacement type and 5v output...
  34. ghostintranslation

Very interesting and probably a good alternative to not redesign anything. It is pricy though, $9.41 CAD as opposed to $0.2738 CAD for the 7805. I guess I have a few options to decide on and try now. Thanks for the help!
  35. ghostintranslation

Interesting, I didn't know about those. The down point is that it seems bigger and it require a few more components than just the 2 capacitors of the 7805, which I'm not sure I could fit on my board. But if it can fit that would be an option. My only concern then would be missing space on the...
  36. ghostintranslation

My multimeter seem not to want to measure current... it's a cheap AstroAI AM33D, when I set it on "200m" it's going over the limit, if I set it to "10" it's reading 0.00... so between 200mA and 10A... Also even if that would be nice to be able to support anything in between 5V and 35V, I need to...
  37. ghostintranslation

Or is it only that the power regulator is dropping so much voltage that it is normal and would require a heat sink?
  38. ghostintranslation

Hi, I'm working on a complex board for a Eurorack module, that includes a 7805DT power regulator that can take 12v and convert it to 5v. I'm so powering the board and the Teensy 4.0 with this 5v. Everything on the board works, it runs the program, I can address all chips etc..., but after 10s...
  39. ghostintranslation

Teensy 4.0 serial optocoupler 6n137s

I can't help you with that. You should open a thread of your own to get proper help.
  40. ghostintranslation

Mixer and Amp gain really noisy

So I tried your solution, I set "slew(true);", but I can still hear some noise, it's very low volume though so I have to pay attention to hear it, it's already an improvement. I compared it again with mine to be sure and with mine I hear nothing.
  41. ghostintranslation

I will try it later today :) You can get the code here: https://github.com/ghostintranslation/drone , if you look into Voice.h there is the GUI design of one voice, and then this synth has 4 of them. As you will see, I made also other modules, all are based of the same platform, the...
  42. ghostintranslation

I haven't tried your version yet but I intend to. In the meantime here is a video of the synth I had the gain issue with, the Mix parameter does a "spiral motion" to mix the 4 voices in little by little and that was the one that was getting noisy. It is using my AudioSmoothAmplifier from above:
  43. ghostintranslation

I see, I guess if that were to be added to the library that could be the right implementation. In my case my simple "multiplier += (smoothness * (multiplierTarget - multiplier)) / 1000;" seems to do the trick. That was interesting though, thank you all for the help, I'll post a video of what I...
  44. ghostintranslation

Indeed, I did a little something starting from the mixer object, might need some tweaking but it works, no more noise and adjustable slew: #ifndef audiosmoothamplifer_h_ #define audiosmoothamplifer_h_ #include "Arduino.h" #include "AudioStream.h" #include "utility/dspinst.h" class...
  45. ghostintranslation

So first with this code: #include <Audio.h> AudioOutputI2S i2s2; AudioSynthWaveformSine sine; //xy=243,108 AudioConnection patchCord3(sine, 0, i2s2, 0); AudioConnection patchCord4(sine, 0, i2s2, 1); AudioControlSGTL5000 audioBoard; elapsedMicros counter; float i=0; void setup() {...
  46. ghostintranslation

Yes well beyond what a pot do if it is directly linked to that setting, but I do smoothing on it to avoid noise and hearable steps. I read the pots every so many ms to set a "value target" and then the actual value reaches the target little by little so that we can't hear any steps. In the case...
  47. ghostintranslation

Ah I will definitely try that! Well I would like to be able to do a change from 0 to 1 of the gain in no more than 1 second and smooth enough that it doesn't feel steppy. In my example above, I get noise when I update every 100us with steps of 0.0001, most likely because of the 2.9ms for the...
  48. ghostintranslation

I see, An object for a gain slew could be a solution, that sounds a little out of my capabilities though but I can have a look. and there is no way to boost the Audio processing so it updates more often than every 2.9ms?
  49. ghostintranslation

So it depends on the step increment and the frequency of increment. For exemple with an increment of 0.0001 I need to increment a step every 1ms to stop hearing it, which means it takes 10s to go from 0 to 1, which is insane in the case of turning a potentiometer from min to max because in that...
Back