Search results

1. mjs513

ILI948x_t41_p - a parallel display driver for Teensy 4.1

Just pushed up a new branch to the Teensy_gfx library that starts support for frame buffering, https://github.com/mjs513/Teensy_Parallel_GFX/tree/framebuffer_wip. Just running a modified graphicsTest sketch - quite a bit of a delta - still testing though. Bus speed: 30 Mhz Div: 8 ILI9486...
  2. mjs513

This is similar to way we do it with the cameras as well. Mine is showing the same thing but if you translate the chinese to english from the 17allinonr link looks like its in the airlines possesion now:
  3. mjs513

FlexIO_T4 library: Removed which Teensy specific tables from the library

Sweet. That sketch I am sure will come in handy especially when I forget pin number conversions :)
  4. mjs513

Just by way of a quick update @wwatson fixed a couple bugs that he found and we also converted the init_commands to use tables so easy enough to add a new device without having to go through all the commandvalue setup. PS> also added scrolling text boxes like in our other display drivers.
  5. mjs513

teensy4.0 teensy4.0_lock GY521 calibrage

Not really a matter of skill. Its from experience working with the I2CDev lib. The lib actually supports a few different methods for I2C, one was standard wire, another was a fast wire type and a couple of others from what I remember. Its been a while. By doing your setup: // I2Cdev and...
  6. mjs513

before doing that try changing the commented out i2c clock speed in the sketch: void setup() { // join I2C bus (I2Cdev library doesn't do this automatically) Wire.begin(); //Wire.setClock(50000); // COMMENT NEXT LINE IF YOU ARE USING ARDUINO DUE TWBR = 24; // 400kHz I2C clock (200kHz...
  7. mjs513

@Rezo Just to add to what @KurtE said, since I am using the BuyDisplay ILI9488 versus the Arduino board which looks like its a ILI9486. We finally got the ILI9488 buydisplay working like shown he the Arduino Display image by reading 3 bytes of data (r,g,b) vs 2 bytes need for the ILI9486. The...
  8. mjs513

Teensy 3.2 End Of Life

The Teensy 4.0 or Teensy 4.1 do have I2S capability.
  9. mjs513

The lib you are using is based off of Jeff Rowberg's I2Cdev lib. Not sure if it was ever updated to work with the Teensy. Running the scanner may give a hint.
  10. mjs513

@KurtE - @Rezo - @wwatson I have been a little busy with this stuff over the last couple of days so here goes the latest set of changes. 1. Broke out the Graphics stuff into a separate library Teensy_Parallel_GFX so it can be used with the Teensy4.1 and Teensy4.0 versions of your lib...
  11. mjs513

Pretty much its going to be a copy/paste/edit operation from ILI9488_t3 lib. So just going to take time - lots of bits and pieces with what we did text :)
  12. mjs513

Thanks for testing the lib - now I guess for text :) and its never me :) :)
  13. mjs513

@Rezo It actually hangs on drawing circles Benchmark Time (microseconds) Screen fill 380144 Lines 287210 Horiz/Vert Lines 37025 Circles (filled)
  14. mjs513

Blocking. When tested before todays changes didn't seem to make much difference. Easy enough to give it a try though - stay tuned
  15. mjs513

Ok pushed the change that fixes fill rectangles so now works as it should. Now to decided if I want to add text. Benchmark Time (microseconds) Screen fill 129740 Lines 294814 Horiz/Vert Lines 10940 Circles (filled) 93865 Circles...
  16. mjs513

Just as a quick update with some observations: 1. When doing fill screens the fill lines look like they are filling on a diagonal versus just top down like with SPI. 2. Fill Rectangle: 3. Fill rounded rectagles not sure setAddr is working the same way with writing to the screen.
  17. mjs513

Ok all - managed to get some things sped up but still issued rounded fills of rect's and rect fills??? Screen fill 133319 Lines 355400 Horiz/Vert Lines 11284 Circles (filled) 95931 Circles (outline) 168032 Rectangles (outline) 6961...
  18. mjs513

NewPing library wont compile with Teensy 4.0?

Yes you can. but realize thats a mod to the existing PING library which is a standard for Arduino style boards.
  19. mjs513

A bit more info as I wake up and start looking. One of things that @KurtE does is define a continuation command and a last command: void writedata16_cont(uint16_t d) __attribute__((always_inline)) { maybeUpdateTCR(_tcr_dc_not_assert | LPSPI_TCR_FRAMESZ(15) | LPSPI_TCR_CONT)...
  20. mjs513

Well my guess is I messed up on how I did write16BitColor function works. Right now its set up as a modification to your push16bit function works: FASTRUN void ILI948x_t4_mm::write16BitColor(uint16_t x1, uint16_t y1, uint16_t x2, uint16_t y2, const uint16_t * pcolors, uint16_t count) {...
  21. mjs513

Ok at it again with the lib. Instead of incorporating all the graphic functions directly I decided to link in the AdafruitGFX library. Getting lazy in old age. Anyway saw a little improvement at 24Mhz: ILI9486 Initialized Benchmark Time (microseconds) Screen fill...
  22. mjs513

Teensy 4.1 what ultrasonic to use ?

I have used those as well with great success on my robotics projects (most of which I posted on the forum).
  23. mjs513

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

https://github.com/techtoys/HDMI-Shield/blob/master/Ra8876_Lite/HDMI_Shield_DTE20190610.pdf
  24. mjs513

https://www.hackster.io/news/bring-hdtv-capability-to-small-mcus-with-techtoys-hdmi-shield-bf3694d4af41 but that uses SPI. May give you a few ideas though
  25. mjs513

AHRS library for Teensy 4.1 and MPU6500 gyro/accel sensor (Reefwing?)

it does for example void setAlpha(float a); void setBeta(float b); void setGyroMeasError(float gme); void setKp(float p); void setKi(float i); You need to learn algorithms (not the detailed math) but how they generally work. then experimenting will be easier
  26. mjs513

Ok had a chance to play with this. Unfortunately didn;t have a Mpu6500 handy but did have a 9250. This example works but I did have to make a mod to the AHRS lib: #include "mpu9250.h" /* Mpu9250 object */ bfs::Mpu9250 imu; #include <ReefwingAHRS.h> ReefwingAHRS ahrs; // Display and Loop...
  27. mjs513

Just created a new branch in my fork of the library with the changes I have so far. If you are interested in playing along: https://github.com/mjs513/ILI948x_t4_mm Also I added a new branch in my PXP with @KurtE's and my changes along with a ILI9488p example...
  28. mjs513

@Rezo Been hacking away at your library - basically copying stuff from the existing ILI9488 and trying it out. Right now got some stuff working. Forwarned - really had to hack to get it to work with the push function - probably not the best way to do it Lines 354370...
  29. mjs513

The convergence speed of the filters depend on setting the gains correctly. The ones used probably are giving you that slow response. They can be changed but would have to optimize them. Right now in the middle of updating another library so as soon as I get a chance will try and get it...
  30. mjs513

yeah thats because of the reasons I listed with setdata and structure not being initialized when you call setdata you can drop the ahrs since you include it in the sketch
  31. mjs513

Oh forgot to mention - use the interrupt version with brian's lib. Works better.
  32. mjs513

I may give this a try today but just looking at your sketch a couple of things pop out. 1. You do not need to define the structure in the body of the sketch - its already defined in imutypes.h. 2. you need to populate the structure. For instance, at the begining of the sketch you have...
  33. mjs513

T4 Pixel Pipeline Library

As you know @KurtE and I have been making a few more mods to the PXP library which seem to resolve a couple of other issues we came across with further testing. Including fixing decimation which has now been tested down to a scale factor of 10 (anything smaller just shows a dot.). So decided...
  34. mjs513

Sorry been out of pocket for awhile so just catching up. Cool you added CAN-FD. @tonton81's lib does support alt can pins so nice you added them
  35. mjs513

Its been a while. I think without a cap you are only going to get to about 198Mhz. (not sure about that value since its been a while). Not sure you want to go faster than that though since that is way over the spec anyway's
  36. mjs513

I will give you a hint. After you get the data from Brian's library you will have to cast it into a data struct which reefwing is looking for: struct SensorData { float ax, ay, az; float gx, gy, gz; float mx, my, mz; uint32_t gTimeStamp, aTimeStamp, mTimeStamp; };
  37. mjs513

Oops think I miss understood you - think @KurtE was referring to the Pin Number Column not the MM pin. I would use the pin number column
  38. mjs513

Probably a good idea. Oh - if you have enough room then definitely, and then you don't have to change what you already have on the inside of the headers. Sorry still early for me
  39. mjs513

Sorry got distracted by the pictures. Think if its available I would add the pins numbers instead - lot easier. For instance for SPI would be easier if you should 11, 12, 13 instead of B0-00, 01, 02, if I remember right
  40. mjs513

Sweet - and definitely easier to read.
  41. mjs513

Well I actually have a Aoyue hot air gun and soldering station: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FA481G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KSPXZE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 With that said no clue how to use them...
  42. mjs513

Yep that agrees with what @KurtE identified in post #1009
  43. mjs513

There are lots of examples already bundled with the libraries I cited. I would start with getting the sensor working @brtaylor's library first then can try and link to madwick or mahony ahrs
  44. mjs513

I would look at this example and try it, Your not giving me much to work on - is it just saying not detected. Are you sure you are using a 6500, check the wiring - use I2C scanner to make sure the i2c address you have for the device is the same as in the library
  45. mjs513

@Rezo Received one Arduino style parallel display last night. Hooked it up this morning and it seems to be working. Currently working on more changes to PXP so this on back burner for now. Then see how it works with PXP
  46. mjs513

serial.print vs interrupts priority

You might also want to use one of Hardware Serial's instead of using SoftwareSerial. Sure that won't help either. Note there are 8 Serial ports you can use if you have something attached.
  47. mjs513

Getting too old to solder and resolder those small parts. Easier just to order one already set up :)
  48. mjs513

If you look at the source file for the MPU65x0 it is only supporting SPI. However, if you use the https://github.com/Reefwing-Software/Reefwing-MPU6050/tree/main MPU6050 library that supports I2C. You would just have to modify the start of the sketch like this: #include <ReefwingMPU6050.h>...
  49. mjs513

I got curious about the Reefwing library and it actually looks rather interesting. So I decided to check it out. The issue is that the library defines board types that are supported and it is not configured for the Teensies only arduino boards. I have managed to get it to compile by adding...
Back