Search results

1. S

Teensy 3.2's ADC Internal Reference Voltage and its Analog Resolution

With the PGA the "on paper" resolution is even better than that, I've successfully used the teensy's internal adc and PGA to measure signals smaller than what the op is describing, (I was directly reading a load cell with the teensy) but I had time to do a lot of averaging.
  2. S

Simplest possible way to read load cell on teensy

I am not really an expert on this so others can feel free to correct me if I go wrong, but I'll do my best, this is my take on it. You do not want to connect the signal- to the ADC REF EXT First let's take a look at if this is even possible. You said 1.5 mV/V and full scale of 200kg, I...
  3. S

So you're just sensing if there is over or under some amount of force? Do you have any details about your load cell? Exciting with the 3.3 volt supply from the teensy? What sort of mv/v at how much force, etc... For what reason are you using a load cell sensing force and not just a simple...
  4. S

Vincenet what are you using the load cell to do? "...only toggle inputs not for precise measurement...." This makes me think it's something like a weight sensor that is used to actuate something, I would think the built in hardware of the teensy should be able to handle that.
  5. S

Vincenet I ended up doing some tweaking on the version of my device that used an arduino compatible and an hx711 and found it to be satisfactory, so I never followed through with the teensy experimentation. I haven't used the device in several months anyway. The thing that I didn't like about...
  6. S

OpenLog keeps creating new files when powered with Teensy by battery

I would do what Constantin is saying. Are you using software serial? Teensy has 3 hardware serial ports, unless you are already using them for something else why not use hardware serial. In what way are you interrupting your code to write to openlog? If you are using an actual interrupt, I...
  7. S

The folks who are replying should know that an openlog is this: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530 It's basically an Arduino uno chip with uno programing but it is dedicated to reading serial input and writing to an sd card. It has more advanced functionality but in it's simplest form it...
  8. S

You need to post the complete code you're using and how you have everything connected for anybody to really help you. Also, I happen to be somewhat familiar with openlog, but most people on this board probably are not, it would be a good idea to at least post a link to what an "openlog" is.
  9. S

The suggestions are appreciated. I did experiment with an INA125 amplifier but it adds a lot of complexity, (relative to the simplicity of a bare teensy) and since it looks like I can get the teensy alone to do what I want I'd prefer to avoid it. I will take a look at the LTC2053, but initial...
  10. S

That is it at the moment, it is a pretty ugly result of a convoluted trial and error process and I plan on tidying it up quite a bit, but currently it's working as is to simply measure force on the load cell and print force and some diagnostic items to the serial monitor.
  11. S

#include <ADC.h> ADC *adc = new ADC(); void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: Serial.begin(9600); //analogReadRes(16); //analogReadAveraging(32); pinMode(A10, INPUT); //Diff Channel 0 Positive pinMode(A11, INPUT); //Diff Channel 0 Negative...
  12. S

I hear you, I'm aware that what I'm doing here is kind of "hackish", but my application is honestly not very demanding, simplicity is very high priority, so far it is looking like this is working. I think I found an even easier way to account for any variation in the 3.3volt supply that is...
  13. S

I seem to have answered number 1 myself. Set up the load cell and the teensy as described and it is working quite well. Haven't tried to do the voltage divider for measuring 3v3 yet but the PGA set to 64 measuring the differential signal is working nicely. So it is true differential, doesn't...
  14. S

I need to read a load cell, trying to do it with the greatest simplicity possible for physically assembling things together. Load cell puts out 2mV/V at full scale, so if I excite it with the 3.3volt supply from the teensy I will be reading a nominally 1.65volt signal with a +-6.6mV...
  15. S

Teensy acting as USB memory stick?

Does this mean I could use a teensy 2.0 (or teensy 2.0++) to log data to an SD card then access the SD card from a computer via usb? I was under the impression that was nearly impossible. (something that Paul describes as "difficult" is something that that I consider "impossible") If this is...
  16. S

SRAM augmented SD card

At what rate might this setup be able to record continuously?
  17. S

SRAM augmented SD card

If there was something that functioned (as far as the user could see) similiarly to openlog except using SPI rather than serial and the various advantages of Teensy over an Atmega 328 to allow much higher rates of writing data, I'd sure be interested. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530...
  18. S

Teensy 3.1 analog input safe voltage limit ?

I stand corrected. Searching old threads confirms what you are saying. Learn something new every day!
  19. S

Teensy 3.1 analog input safe voltage limit ?

Aren't the digital pins still limited to the same absolute maximum as the analog only pins when they are used for an analog read? I was under the impression that whatever circuitry was used to make the pins 5v tolerant only works when they are configured as digital inputs.
  20. S

Detecting value changes

If your value was increasing, then changed direction and decreased, without ever having been steady in between, wouldn't this set both pin 7 and pin 8 LOW? Also, this would detect any change in val of more than .01, no? (because it's muliplying by 100 then truncating to an integer. aren't you...
  21. S

Is there a market for a Teensy 3.1 48 pin ARM stamp?

Like the one 20 posts back on this thread????
  22. S

2Hz analogWriteFrequency on Teensy 3.1

Because I don't really understand how it works. :) I'll probably give it a try. If nothing else it can be a learning experience, but for the sake of understanding what's going on better, I'm curious what the actual problem is or if I even have a problem. For example if it's something as simple...
  23. S

Teensy 3.1 and 5V TTL Serial?

I have two of those which I have used both with a Teensy LC and a 3.1 with no extra circuitry in between and they worked fine. I did have to be a little bit careful with a delay after certain comands like fretless_kb said, but for a very "newb" programmer such as myself it's very simple to...
  24. S

2Hz analogWriteFrequency on Teensy 3.1

What happens if you have analogWriteFrequency() set to a value lower than it's minimum value? I have an application where I need a PWM signal that is adjustable from 1-20Hz, I have it running using analogWriteFrequency with a user input to change it's value. Setting it to 1Hz and simply watching...
  25. S

Is there a market for a Teensy 3.1 48 pin ARM stamp?

This is so slick it makes me want to come up with a project that uses all those pins just so I have an excuse to buy a handfull of these boards.
  26. S

Need help programming Teensy 2.0 for digital arcade stick

I'm pretty sure he means "Debounce" library rather than "denounce" library. Just throwing it out there in case somebody new to this finds this thread and is googling "denounce" and coming up with nothing. Yelling at their keyboard "WHAT THE DUCK!!!!???" I've been in similar situations myself! :-)
  27. S

Github documentation

Ah, now we've gotten somewhere. Download and open with web browser. I had actually tried that already but I didn't unzip the file. For whatever reason it didn't work until I extracted the file and then opened the "HTML" file with a web browser. Now I just need to study up on my C++ so I...
  28. S

Github documentation

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I view "HTML Documentation" on Github? For example, I'm trying to figure out how to log some data to an sd card, I'm digging through example sketches but it would really be a lot easier if there is some place where I can see an explanation of what...
Back