Search results

1. S

Extended response circuit?

Yes PaulStoffregen, rising edge to trigger an oscillator sounds about right. It seems that Ian's schematic is designed to do so (thanks Ian!), but I do not understand why I need NAND there.
  2. S

Extended response circuit?

I have a circuit design question. My controller output gives me a short pulse. I have a speaker that I would like to sound when that happens. Given that I have only one output available to me from the controller and the pulse is the only signal I get, what circuit could I use to work the speaker...
  3. S

Using L298 Board to drive a dc motor

Thanks, Paul. I tried this approach. I connected 5V supply (it gives 5.7V though) and no luck. I believe the problem is, that L298N has just enough of a voltage drop, so the pump does not run. I guess if I had a 7V supply it might have worked :)
  4. S

This is info about the L298N board. Watch this tutorial if you need more info about L298N, and some more explainations here. This is all info I know about the pump.
  5. S

Thanks Legb, for the detailed explanation. It will take me some time to digest it all :) But I see your point. Elsewhere I found out about the overhead, but I am glad you explained how to work around it.
  6. S

I2C lcd display with teensy3

Thanks for the explanation! Let's see if I understand. Even though I am using 18,19 pins as outputs, we still do not want 5V there, as a precaution? I am using this opportunity to learn more. Pull up resistors are used to drive value of the output to a known level when the actual output is in...
  7. S

Thanks Peter! I will try that. But why would I connect to 3.3V, instead of +5 on VCC? How do I get an easy access to 3.3V for pull up, other than setting one of the pins to that level and using that?
  8. S

I've got an I2C lcd display and I followed a tutorial written for Arduino. It seemed to me that to adapt it to teensy3 I did not need to change any code (shown below), but use pins 18 and 19 to drive lcd. Nothing happens. I see that the lcd is lit and the bottom row of the display shows white...
  9. S

soldering my own pins.

I successfully soldered my own pins! It was not a problem at all. I used 275 F and I used 2 seconds on and 3 seconds off. Thanks for help everyone.
  10. S

I have L298N board, which I would like to use to drive a dc motor (pump). I have teensy connected to USB. First I tested the pump. I connect the pump to GND and +5 from teensy3 and the pump worked. Then I used teensy3's +5 and GND to drive the board (+5 went to VCC and +5 on the board). I...
  11. S

soldering my own pins.

I saw shipping confirmation. She is quick! Thanks for the info. I will give it a go!
  12. S

soldering my own pins.

Hello, I just ordered my first teensy3, I forgot that I wanted to order teensy with pins. The question is: is there anything special I need to do to solder my own pins? Or is it as simple as I think it is? The next question is, how do I access pins on both sides? When I look at the picture of...
  13. S

Multiple power supplies

Hello, I plan to control a couple of 12V motors and a 5V Motor (in a pump) with teensy3. What would be the best way to go about having access to these voltages. By default I envision a power cable from 110V outlet connected to two power adapters (one for 5V and one for 12V). I would use output...
  14. S

Controlling a pump with teensy3

Thanks for the diagram and the diode hint, given that I am new to this, such advice is very valuable for me. I assume I can use the same diagram (adjusting for a different power source) to control a 12V motor, am I correct?
  15. S

Controlling a pump with teensy3

Hello, I would like to control a small pump using teensy3. The pump requires 5-6V and I am looking at AQV112KL to take 3.3 output voltage from teensy3 pin and apply 5V to the pump. Is this the approach I should take, or there is a simpler way? I am also having dificulty understanding the spec...
Back