Search results

1. B

System works when powered by USB, but behaves weirdly on switching power supplies

Thanks everyone! So far it seems like putting all the wires between the MCU and the motor drive through the same ferrite bead, plus adding bypass caps on the inputs has solved the problem. Because the positional switches take >150ms to fall and rise again, I'm also going to change the code to...
  2. B

System works when powered by USB, but behaves weirdly on switching power supplies

Is this any chance that the ground wire between the Teensy and the motor driver (with the ferrite bead) is forming a ground loop?
  3. B

Thanks so much for the quick reply, Paul. I'm embarrassed by the first drawing I posted, so I made a new and accurate one below. Both power supplies are connected to mains earth, but I'll double check all the connections to make sure they're ok.
  4. B

Hello! I've found this forum incredibly helpful in the past, but this is my first time reaching out with a question. I'm working on a project that seems like it should be simple, but I'm being deviled by a problem that I think is electrical, rather than rooted in the code. I'm using a Teensy...
Back