Search results

1. T

Teensy 4.1 "dual boot" capability?

Thank you so much for all the details, this should certainly get me to what I need. Really appreciate it, thanks again!
  2. T

@AndyA Thank you so much, this sounds like the perfect solution! I wonder if it could be further simplified by combining the bootloader app with one of the main images (probably the stripped down one) and just jumping to the other immediately after start if needed? I'm not sure if any of...
  3. T

Thank you much for the testing/confirmation. My app was 2,177,024 bytes, and I measured 43s for the move and 30 for the erase. We're definitely in the same ballpark. Would be interested to hear if you find a way to move more towards the 13 second number! :) So, you can see why I started this...
  4. T

Hmmm... My implementation is taking about 20 sec to parse/write the hex file from SD (a little over 2MB of code data after parsing), however, the copy/erase portion takes another 73 seconds(!) I've always thought that was a lot, but I'm using flash_move() exactly as it was written. Any...
  5. T

That's basically what I'm currently doing, and have borrowed (with credit given) from this lib extensively for easy flash update capability. :) What I primarily don't like about this method is that it's very slow writing to flash, so the user has to wait longer to switch. Also concerned about...
  6. T

Interesting, thank you for the thoughts. That definitely sounds like a potential path, similar to what I meant by a 3rd image to make the decision at boot. It would just choose which image to load, very short. I'm a bit surprised if this hasn't been needed before by others? Seems like it could...
  7. T

Hi all- I have a project with two FW options and would prefer to be able to execute either one at startup, probably based on an "EEPROM" (upper flash) byte setting. They will both fit in the flash together, no problem there. In fact, I'm doing that now and have code to copy the alt flash...
  8. T

Teensy 3.6/4.1 USB Support for CCID USB Card Readers

I was hoping to use the ACR122U NFC Reader Writer. For the short term I'm using a PN532/CH340 combination via USBSerial host, which works OK for low level communications. That might be fine for my app, but it's not available as a nice off-the shelf solution w/ enclosure.
  9. T

Teensy 3.6/4.1 USB Support for CCID USB Card Readers

Been a while on this thread, but thought I'd give it a shot... I have a similar application where I'd like to host a USB NFC card reader via a Teensy 4.1 host port. Were you able to get this going, and is there any code released? Thank you!
  10. T

[queued] TeensyROM cartridge for Commodore64/128

Keeping retro computers connected to the modern world thanks to the Teensy 4.1! TeensyROM is a ROM emulator, super fast loader, MIDI Host/Device and Internet interface cartridge for the Commodore 64 & 128 See design details, documentation, and more pics here...
  11. T

Faster way to read a single byte from Flash (or ext PSRAM)?

Tried to edit the message, but not sure if it worked...
  12. T

Had to try one more thing, toggling the trigger signal between setup/readback commands: digitalWriteFast(TriggerPin, HIGH); FLEXSPI2_IPCR0 = 0; //address in flash digitalWriteFast(TriggerPin, LOW); FLEXSPI2_IPCR1 = FLEXSPI_IPCR1_ISEQID(5); digitalWriteFast(TriggerPin, HIGH)...
  13. T

Thanks for the ideas, and the location in the datasheet! :) Unfortunately it didn't help with my issue, but there were some interesting results... All testing was done with 132MHz SCLK and CPU speed of 816MHz. (code pasted below) My initial shots didn't include CS, so I added it to these...
  14. T

You got it, somehow I missed that in my searching. Thanks! Unfortunately, yes, I have a similar application and am coming to the same conclusion. :( Even using the FlexSPI registers direct and clocking at 132MHz, I get this: I count 16 PSRAM clocks, which is close to my assumption of 14 for...
  15. T

Hello all- I have a Teensy 4.1 project that would greatly benefit by being able to read a single byte of a >1MB array in the order of 200nS. Unfortunately, I can't squeeze enough space out of RAM, so I'm looking to read directly from the on-board flash (preferred since there's plenty) or...
  16. T

code to restart SD card if lost mechanical contact temporarily?

I had a similar problem in that I wanted to be able to remove an SD card, edit some files, and place it back in to read without doing a reset. I did some searching and found that a root.close(); is needed in the lib to achieve this. It can be added to the begin() function as shown here, or as...
  17. T

Limits of delay effect in audio library

Wanted to let folks know that I was able to successfully get 6ea CY15B104Qs on Franks memory board and can now delay/loop >35 seconds of audio! :) There were hurdles: * To solder the (wide) chips to the board I bent the leads under and soldered carefully. A scary proposition with these...
  18. T

Teensyduino 1.41 Beta #3

Thanks Paul, that works. Didn't realize that pitch had its own handler... Thanks again!
  19. T

Teensyduino 1.41 Beta #3

Hi Paul- I have a little USB MIDI keyboard I'm using for a project. It has decoders, pads, keys, and mod/pitch sliders. Everything works great except for the Pitch slider (the modulation one works fine). I've attached the debug log, hoping this is an easy fix. This isn't a new bug, but...
  20. T

Teensy 3.6 USB MIDI host development status

Wow, thanks for the quick response and sorry for my slow one. Confirmed, this fixes the issue. Thanks Paul!
  21. T

Yes, this is the one!
  22. T

Hi Paul! I've been putting together an audio project and have incorporated your USB MIDI host, it's working (nearly) perfectly! :) I bought a Pyle PMIDIKPD50 which has keys, pads, and encoders. I'm using a "stacked" (4+4=7) hub and am able to receive messages without problem. I did see one...
Back