Search results

1. A

About the use of tweaking teensy cores

Hey wwatson, thanks to point me that,i will try now the alex6679 tweaks (y)
  2. A

About the use of tweaking teensy cores

Hi to all, i would like to replace files in the teensy core,like alex6679 wrote in his github fork: https://github.com/alex6679/teensy-4-usbAudio "Tested with Teensyduino 1.59In order to use it, copy the files of 'changedCorefiles' into cores/Teensy4 and replace the original files.Examples can...
  3. A

USB connection from D+ / D- pins with external supply

Personnally i always used FDTI modules for tweaking prototypes and never had problems, maybe because they regenere the purety of the signal and avoid impedance or capacitance driftering...
  4. A

USB connection from D+ / D- pins with external supply

I don't think D+ & D- are related to the ground,they must be differential inputs to avoid noises,due to the cable length,look at that: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/469796/what-exactly-do-d-and-d-on-a-usb-connection-do
  5. A

Need help for a CS42448 nightmare serial-breakdowns [SOLVED]

Problem solved,all the cs42448 boards work now allright, it was because the wiring was getting not so well tighten with the time,i made a solid rock connector upon the cs42448, cold sweat away :giggle:
  6. A

Hello Paul, All my breakdowns did not come with those pcb,it is with a prototype on the fly wiring,also the new pcb i made needs a little correction,but is not involved at all. I want to be sure why it was not safe before i use the last new cs42448 that i took from ali express. I think you have...
  7. A

Hi everybody, I'm not really happy since 3 of my CS42448 boards from aliexpress had a "failed to config CS42448",and don't give no sound all at the 4 outputs,unless a small humming sound. Checked the I2c and it's was ok with one ADS115 found,i tried also a sine-generator on each outputs,but i...
  8. A

CS42448 board ( 6 audio inputs / 8 outputs ) ?

Now i did my PCB with teensy 4.1 and a wiring sandwich that put the cs42448 at the bottom side,the pitch that works is 2.0mm There's a connector on the up side to connect a TFT 7" RA8875,and also and EXT SDCARD reader because the building SDCARD of teensy card was in conflict with the TFT
  9. A

Can't get WAV file to play from SD card: Audio Guestbook for friends wedding

Are you sure the caracteristics of "greeting.wav" or "greeting.mp3" : fit the player to be played correctly? Also,some mp3 players don't like too high bitrate and generate what you call "choppy, robotic and slow-sounding audio playback" if 125kb/s is a good beginning to test a mp3...
  10. A

Teensyduino version number available in code?

Hi, i,ve just done a 1.59 install with the EXE file : https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_159/TeensyduinoInstall.exe but i noticed the libraries haven't been updated,i erased them all and did a new install of 1.59,then they did get updated!
  11. A

CS42448 board ( 6 audio inputs / 8 outputs ) ?

Hello everybody, i got this board,works like a charm,and i want to rely it with a pcb that have a teensy 4.1, like a sandwich plugged into the "audio interfaces female pin header" of the CS42448 board. But the distance separation of the pins is not 2.54,not 1.27,it's like ~1.5 to 1.7. Does...
  12. A

Can't get WAV file to play from SD card: Audio Guestbook for friends wedding

Hello Marimoose, I had some issues too when i began learning with teensy,about the sd card wav player the monitor said the song was playing but no sound was heared,all the examples were written with the names in upper cases,then i tried with lowercases or mixing upper and lower in the name and...
  13. A

Teensyduino version number available in code?

Hi,just want to know if i have to erase the teensy libs directory before updating,or is it automatically erased and / or overwrite within the install?
  14. A

Teensy 4.1 and External Sd card on SPI1 gives no sound on CS42448 TDM out [SOLVED]

Ok i solved it,somewhere i've seen on this forum that somebody had a trouble like me and he changed the MISO & CS pins,chance for me to have looked at this,Big Thanks to this person :) so i change the Sd Card settings: Serial.print("Initializing SD card..."); bool ok; const int chipSelect =...
  15. A

Teensy 4.1 and External Sd card on SPI1 gives no sound on CS42448 TDM out [SOLVED]

Hi MarkT,you're right i did not give enough infos,here's the sketch where i have 1 stereo input for my ipod and the other outputs for the sd card: #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code...
  16. A

It seems there were issues with TDM and sd card spi pins with the builtin sdcard of teensy 4.1,so i wired an external sd card on SPI1 and using sdfat settings: bool ok; const int chipSelect = 0; // Different SPI port (Teensy 4.1 SPI1 is MOSI:pin26, MISO:pin1, SCL:pin27) ok =...
  17. A

TEENSY 4.1 : I2S output -> ESP32 DevKit I2S input -> Bluetooth

Hi ,everybody, My goal is to make my teensy stuff hearable via bluetooth,and build a little ESP32-Bluetooth HAT i will plug upon my teensy, :cool: The esp32 bluetooth sketch works well,the teensy sdcard playing works well too,but the sound goes to vanishing and reapparing (not a bluetooth...
  18. A

Trying to set another I2C pinout with Teensy 4X,but fails [SOLVED]

@KurtE It's not rusty,it works very well,very handy tool ! :) What is the procedure when you want to deal with differents modules with differents addresses on the same wire? Wire1.beginTransmisstion(0x38); Wire1.endTransmisstion(0x38); Wire1.beginTransmisstion(0x27)...
  19. A

@BriComp You're a Big Chief ! I was really mixing wire and wire1,just to try,i add those lines: Wire1.setSCL(16); Wire1.setSDA(17); But doesn't change the result to work,so why are those lines commented, proposed to be uncommented? is it because you can choose any pin to SDA & SCL? I'm a little...
  20. A

Here i made a try with a simple lcd (0x27) and that works with the default pinout (18,19) but fails with (17,16), with a teensy 4.0 and teensyduino 1.59-beta3. My code: #include <Wire.h> #define SDA_PIN 17 #define SCL_PIN 16 void setup() { // uncomment these to use alternate pins...
  21. A

Capacitive I2C touch with RA8875 and adafruit FT6206 - Teensy 4.1

Now that works too with teensy 4.1 and audioboard together but RA8875_CS needs to go to pin 36 because the conflict with the audiobard SDCARD_CS :10 RA8875 + I2C TOUCH + adafruit FT6206 + TEENSY 4X with or without AUDIOBOARD = PIECE OF CAKE !! 🍰🍰🍰 I2C TOUCH: SERIAL MODE: RA8875->1~2->TEENSY...
  22. A

@kd5rxt-mark: I have a buydisplay ER-TFTM070-7,i use 4 wire SPI and I2C for the touch I couldn't make the touch working with FT5206,so i tried the adafruit FT6206 with success. Now i just solved my problem with a teensy 4.1 and audioboard,everything works perfect,with this pinout: I2C TOUCH...
  23. A

Hi to all, to -> kd5rxt-mark, thank you for your infos and advices,but nothing works,i even tried a ft5206 touch test with your pinout and even declare SPI1 in the setup,because you use those pins: SPI1.setCS(38); SPI1.setMISO(39); SPI1.setMOSI(26); SPI1.setSCK(27); SPI1.begin(); But...
  24. A

Hello,everybody After done the settings of my buydisplay ra8875 i2c touch,successfully with teensy 4.1,no conflicts at all with sdcard or I2s,all play smoothly, I decided to do it again with teensy 4X and audioboard rev D,but now the problems occur because on the audioboard, the pins 18 & 19...
  25. A

Hello KurtE, i can't see any difference,nothing respond with the touch,i'm sorry but the adafruit FT6206 works very smoothly and i'm glad there is no interact with 4.1 and I2S and SDCARD the FT6206 is maybe an evolution from adafruit for the I2S touch
  26. A

Debouncing MCP23017 - i2c 16 input port expander - any need?

Hello, Did you have a try with this nice library ? https://github.com/madleech/Button I always use it and never have to complain about,but i didn't try to replace in teensy's sketches that use Bounce lib, i am too lazy and don't want to break the sketches performances.
  27. A

Hi, thanks for the help, i did it and had to take over the other other RA8875 lib from the teensy libs installed with the main installation, but #define USE_FT5206_TOUCH doesn't do anything...hope i have not a second RA8875 around the corner that override it :poop: Anyway,from this moment i...
  28. A

Hi everybody, I never succeeded using the FT5206 library with my buydisplay 7" RA8875 - 4 Wire - I2C touch,i don't know why,it's a mistery to me, so i had a try with the FT6206 adafruit library,and bingo it worked at the first time,without needing any pullup resistances or pinMode settings...
  29. A

Teensy 4 with TFT 4.0 (480x320) - TOUCH and TFT_e_SPI , combination working !!

i'm going to an other surprise,the TOUCH_CS pin don't need to be wired I correct the right pinouts of the touch,the comment pinouts was for ESP32 The TFT_MISO is not wired at all for the display. Maybe someone can explain me why i don't need TOUCH_CS for the touch :confused: But i don't...
  30. A

Teensy 4 with TFT 4.0 (480x320) - TOUCH and TFT_e_SPI , combination working !!

Hello guys, i've come at last to manage to make all of this working together and would like to share it with you,i think TFt 4.0 is a nice display to show the audio stuffs of teeny,and of course with the touch possibilities. First,i couldn't make my TFT 4.0 working with the ST7796 driver,but i...
  31. A

Teensy and Audio Shield not working

hey Paul, Seems the WAV names of the tutorial samples wasn't accepted because of the all upper case names lie "SDTEST1.WAV, but it was not notified in the monitor,i changed it to sdnew1.WAV and it worked fine,even a stereo sample is played and the mix name of lower case and upper case accepted...
  32. A

So,to be sure i updated to 1.59 beta3,but still no sound with sd card So,to make it simple, i take a sample player with teensy 4.1 and simplify the sketch, The teensy 4.1 is also connected to a PCM5102A DAC. Only the i2s output gives me a sound but nothing in my PC via USB ! #include <Audio.h>...
  33. A

Hi,jmarsh, I test with teensy 4.1 and his own sd card and also with the audio board sd card, First,the WavFilePlayerUSB example doesn't gives feedback in the monitor to show the sd card response, so i had to transpose the wiring code into the WavFilePlayer example and it's ok with that,but no...
  34. A

Hi Paul, Sorry to be confusing,maybe i didn't precise i use the USB AUDIO like that,with "AUDIO" type selected instead of "serial" AudioPlaySdWav playSdWav1; //xy=154,217 AudioOutputUSB usb1; //xy=489,212 AudioConnection patchCord1(playSdWav1, 0...
  35. A

Teensy 4.1 and DAC PCM5102a.

Big thanks Baloran, It worked at first time;couldn't expected that ! ;)
  36. A

hi, Michael,thanks for support,i did some tests, Well it's more weird that is though: I use the audio shield REV D,and teensy 4.0 Sd card test:OK (not normal,isn't it for REV C and teensy 3.2 ...?),and but bad sd card in the monitor while WAV file player !! #define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10...
  37. A

Hi, I have an audio board rev D and i can use teensy.4.0 & 4.1 with a line input that i can hear at the headphones output, means the wiring is okay from the input to the headphones, but i never heard the sdcard playing music,nor the beeps from the tutorial,isn't it strange?
  38. A

SD Card Test ->SD card is not connected or unusable :-(

Hi,fellows i had the same issue,so i took my ohm-meter to find the pinout of the sd card of the audio board for my teeny3.2 and these are the winning numbers: NC / NC DAT3 / CS-> 10 CMD / MOSI->11 GND / GND->--- VDD / VDD->3,3V CLK / SCK->13 GND / GND->GND DAT0 / MISO->12 DAT1 /...
  39. A

Teensy 4.1 USB to USB protocol

Hi KurtE, don't worry about it, I made a little time testing with midi hubs and midi objects and that work! I only had to delare one more midi object to wrap to kronos what i have in input,so midi1:read input and midi2 send to output and it's ok. Greetings...and thanks to all of you :cool:
  40. A

to KurtE,Hi, I succeeded using a nanoKontrol and a computer keyboard on the same hub wired at the USB HOST,but i think they are only passive (1 way responding) iI tried with a nanoKontrol at the same time with korg kronos and i had to choose only one to make it working and have to make teensy...
  41. A

Thank You very much for your quick answers,and it works indeed !!;) I never suspected midi host worked for sending output controls,but it does,and i can send now,real time commands like MMC and send complex sysex,so i can control a lot of my kronos. But one thing i could not make working is...
  42. A

Hi, everyone, I'm searching everywhere, the reason why my teensy 4.1 or 3.6 can't control directly an external synth like korg kronos. I succeed with plugin teensy in a computer and see the driver in midi ox,seeing controls are ok,but that's not my goal to use a computer between teensy and...
Back