Search results

1. C

Problem installing Arduino IDE 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.59 on RPI5 Bookworm

I'm running Arduino IDE 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.59.0 on a clean install RPI5 Bookworm running on an m.2 nVME hosted on PCIExpress bus. After a number of false starts, I've loaded Arduino IDE and Teensyduino using a script from Paul Stoffregen Aug 24, 2020 with minor changes to reflect latest...
  2. C

Teensy 4.1 - Problems running interrupts when overclocking

Just back from a few days away. I've put CrashReport in, but its not recording anything. I tried sending it to the serial monitor at next start up and sending it to SD card , but neither shows up. I forced a crash by deliberately running a variable loop until it overflowed and that worked, so...
  3. C

Don't think it can be heat. I now have a setup which fails predictably within 1 second of setting a dimmer value above 0% (It runs forever with all channels set to 0%) I have a thermal camera and it shows under 35°C. I now start the hwTimer in setup and not in either of the interrupts. It still...
  4. C

Thanks rcarr and KurtE, you've given me a number of things to follow up on. The hwTimer didn't originally work unless I restarted it everytime it fired, so I'd assumed it was a single shot timer. It looks like that maybe wrong. If I'm starting a free running timer 5000 times a second and never...
  5. C

I have a T4.1 running a 4 channel trailing edge dimmer board. There are 2 interrupts running; 1 is a hardware interrupt which fires every 10mS to indicate ac mains zero crossing point (UK 50Hz), void zeroCrossingInt() //This is a hardware interrupt which occurs at 100Hz rate { for (int...
  6. C

Teensy 4.1 - RTC and NTP Time

I want to connect to an NTP server on boot up, read time and use it to set the time on the T4.1 RTC. I will do this once an hour maybe, depending on the drift I get. I then want to call the RTC typically every few seconds for data logging time stamps. I have currently have code running which...
  7. C

zero cross control pin?

We're certainly walking a similar path kd5rxt-mark. Your second suggestion was my second attempt! I had a timer tick every 100uS (we're 50Hz in UK) which corresponds to 1% resolution. Having an interrupt every 100uS which has to do 4 comparisons seemed to be eating up too much time and causing...
  8. C

zero cross control pin?

Hi Mark Thanks for the very detailed reply. I started with pretty much this solution, but my main loop can take milliseconds to run, so the switch off time fluctuates from one loop to another which causes dreadful flicker. I then tried running an IntervalTimer which 'ticked' 100 times every...
  9. C

zero cross control pin?

I've developed a 4 channel trailing edge dimmer circuit which works well. It uses a zero crossing circuit to trigger a hardware interrupt and switch on active channels then I've used the 4 IntervalTimers to generate interrupts to switch off the 4 channels. Unfortunately, one of the third party...
  10. C

SMB Server on Teensy 4.1

I just had a quick attempt at getting this running, but got a shed load of Ethernet errors despite using NativeEthernet.h. I've just run the fnet_tfpf library and example from GITHUB provided by Manitou48, enabled the tftp command line utility on Windows 10 and that has worked first time. Just...
  11. C

SMB Server on Teensy 4.1

The files are likely to be quite large and routing them through an mqtt server based on a Raspberry Pi may take up a lot of bandwidth. It will also require a suitable mqtt client on the receiving PC I think. The units are likely to be installed in inaccessible places, so USB, isn't ideal.
  12. C

SMB Server on Teensy 4.1

I have a Teensy 4.1 connected to custom hardware running an MQTT Client based data acquisition system. It's working really well and its fast. I'm logging data to the SD card, which again is working perfectly, but the dream would be to get data off the SD card without having to remove it from...
  13. C

Teensy 4.1 Cannot access Internal SD card

Thanks for the replies. I did most of my testing with one SD card which seems to be faulty and when I tried other SD cards, it seems to have been with a program which used the wrong SD.h. All now working with 7 out of 8 SD cards. The other one works perfectly on PC's but not Teensy. All good...
  14. C

Teensy 4.1 Cannot access Internal SD card

Hi. I cannot get the Teensy 4.1 SD card reader to recognise any SD card. I have tried 2 different Teensy 4.1 modules and 8 different sizes and brands of SD card. I've even tried 2 different PC's and USB cables - clutching at straws, I know. I've used the BUILTIN_SDCARD in this and a number of...
Back