Search results

1. S

TDM in slave mode

Hi W, I assume you refer to the comment you made on Nov 12, 2020: Now this is well beyond my level, but am I right in thinking that this acq_init function should be called instead of config_tdm in output_tdm.cpp? Could you explain briefly how it does the configuration for TDM as slave, and...
  2. S

TDM in slave mode

Quick question, has anyone managed to get TDM working in slave mode, i.e receive the BCLK, FSYNC and DATA from an external source? It seems that it hasn't been done yet from the previous thread: (https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/tdm-as-slave.64454) My goal is to receive TDM from...
  3. S

TDM pins, which to use

Hi, What are the specific characteristics of the TDM pins for the Teensy 4.1? If I wanted to generate another TDM signal on top of the the embedded ones, which pins should I use? I guess it may have to do with the PLL but I don't know enough to understand what is involved. Thanks, Ben
  4. S

Audio clicks when changing mixer gain too fast

Update on this, I've tried with multiplying 2 sine waves and changing the phase of the amplitude modulation one (sine1: frequency: 0), but still no luck and getting clicks... Is it the same issue where it processes blocks at a time, not samples?? See code below, thank you I really don't know...
  5. S

Right I understand why the clicks happen now, thank you Mark I didn't know about the gains updating only at every block. @boxxofrobots, I get the principle and I tried and I it's working much better, I still get some clicks but it's more like pulsations because of the rapid gain changes and I...
  6. S

Thanks again Mark for an interesting answer! I implemented it and it helps a little bit (I found that 5ms with a dividor of 10 does a decent job) but there's still a considerable amount of noticeable clicking unfortunately. I don't think there's a magic answer with this problem, what I'd like...
  7. S

Thanks Mark, This was a mistake from the simple code but the issue remains the same: I need to update the gain from A to B (e.g 0.1 to 0.9) within a minimum amount of time (ideally < 50ms to be reactive enough). But combinations of values that allow a quick update e.g - change rate of 0.01...
  8. S

I want to control a mixer's gain with a joystick, but I get a lot of audio clicking even though I'm changing the gain smoothly (increase/decrease of 0.001). I guess this is because this isn't meant to be called too fast, but is there a way to avoid the clicks and have a smooth update...
  9. S

OTA through Ethernet with Teensy 4.1

Thanks Joe, that works with the FlasherX hex indeed! So I just need to make sure that the "fw_teensy40" is set in my hex, I guess I can use #define FLASH_ID "fw_teensy40" in my sketch. Thanks again :)
  10. S

OTA through Ethernet with Teensy 4.1

Has anyone been successful with FlasherX and the SD mode? Hi folks, I'm trying FlasherX to flash a hex file to my Teensy 4.0 using the SD card. I've uploaded the hex file to the SD which is 64.7kb big. When I run the program and enter 2 for SD I get the error: abort - new code missing...
  11. S

USB AUDIO_INTERFACE explanations please!

Hello, I'm working with a Teensy 4.0 with the USB as AUDIO (USB_AUDIO in usb_desc.h) trying to update the descriptors (final goal to increase the number of output channels), and I'm struggling to understand how the AUDIO_INTERFACE is configured and structured in usb_desc.c: #ifdef...
  12. S

USB_MIDI_AUDIO_SERIAL interface not working with some software (e.g VLC)

Playing audio with the Teensy (4.0) as a USB audio interface works well with VLC (or Spotify) when using the USB_AUDIO interface, but not the USB_MIDI_AUDIO_SERIAL one (no sound at all). Playing from Windows e.g Youtube in a browser works fine with both though. So there seems to be a bug...
  13. S

USB interface for multi channel outputs, not just stereo

Hi Felipe, I'll PM you!
  14. S

On my side I managed to get it "working" with 4 channels, but I'm getting some crackling which I haven't figured out yet. So if anyone more experienced would like to spend one hour debugging with me, that would be much appreciated :)
  15. S

48kHz 8i80 USB Audio

Great thanks Jay! On my side I managed to get it "working" with 4 channels, but I'm getting some crackling which I haven't figured out yet. So if anyone more experienced would like to spend one hour debugging with me, that would be much appreciated :)
  16. S

If someone who understands could explain what the bitwise operations do in the following function.... e.g why "left & 0x02"?! Thanks! static void copy_to_buffers(const uint32_t *src, int16_t *left, int16_t *right, unsigned int len) { uint32_t *target = (uint32_t*) src + len; while ((src <...
  17. S

48kHz 8i80 USB Audio

Hi, if anyone wants to collaborate on the multi channels side of this I've opened a new thread for a similar project, see https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/70176-USB-interface-for-multi-channel-outputs-not-just-stereo Cheers
  18. S

Hi folks, I'd like to update the USB audio for Teensy 4 to handle more than 2 channels (starting with 4 but eventually 8) which it only currently supports, so that I can play 4/8 different channels from my computer and use them as outputs on the Teensy. It seems that some people have worked on...
  19. S

Natural cross fading with fader component

I found the fader_table in data_waveforms.c and updated with sine mapping instead, works much better now (see below). Let me know if you have other ideas. const int16_t fader_table[257] = { 0, 201, 402, 603, 804, 1005, 1206, 1407, 1608, 1809, 2009, 2210, 2410, 2611, 2811...
  20. S

Natural cross fading with fader component

Hi :cool: I'm trying to achieve some "natural sounding" cross fading between 2 speakers, with the aim of keeping the volume constant during the fading. For example: In the loop: AudioNoInterrupts(); fader1.fadeIn(500); fader2.fadeOut(500); AudioInterrupts(); delay(500)...
  21. S

Playing multiple WAV files at the same time - SD settings

Hi Teensy folks, I'm experiencing the same issue trying to read multiple wave files simultaneously, and I'm considering 2 alternatives to overcome the problems that seemed caused by the SD library. Let's say I want to play 8 mono files (44khz / 16 bit) together. I'm using the Teensy 4.0. 1/...
  22. S

Teensy as USB Audio interface for Mic / Line in

Thanks Mark, I also think it's most likely a driver issue. However I don't know how the USB interface is created by the Teensy and how it provides the data transfer, and I wonder if there could be a cause of latency there. If anyone knows that would be much appreciated. Cheers
  23. S

Teensy as USB Audio interface for Mic / Line in

Hello, I'd like to use the Teensy as a USB Audio interface for a microphone, and I've made some tests with the Audio board and this simple design: It works fine but the latency is really important (around 100ms) even if I use the mic with Asio4all setting a low buffer. (In comparison my...
  24. S

USB Audio for Teensy 4

Sorry but I have another question, I tried to look in the forum but didn't find the asnwer. When I use Teensy as a usb microphone on Windows, there is a delay that is more important than when I use a standard audio interface with a microphone, calculated around 50 ms more. Do you know if this...
  25. S

USB Audio for Teensy 4

Brilliant, Thanks Paul :)
  26. S

USB Audio for Teensy 4

Hello, I'm new with Teensy and I want to create a USB audio interface, I purchased the Teensy 3.2 and the Audio board as it seemed at the time that the USB audio was not supported on Teensy 4. It is still unclear if it has now been updated, could you please let me know? Many thanks! Ben
Back